Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Nov 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #391 of 618
Quote:
Awesome I'm pretty sure I'll be coming then ^^. Can't wait to try out all that gear and meet like minded people. Still what a journey. O well, would be cool if I could tag along with someone with a car (contributing for fuel costs ofc)(hifimanrookie?) . Also anyone have a spare 3.5 to 3.5 cable, if yes, I would like to buy it of you. Been through 3 cables already
rolleyes.gif
(need it for the arrow amp). Otherwise anyone know where I can buy such a cable, somewhat affordable, which lasts longer then a week and ships reasonably fast to the Netherlands?
Also I don't mind paying, but for what exactly? I thought the room was offered free of charge?

Cheers.

The venued is owned by my family. It's a professional art exhibit area with a lot of facilities. Normally they charge a significant amount of money. Because they are sponsoring the event we only need to pay 5 bucks each for catering (unlimited softdrinks, snacks) and use of electricity. It's a symbolic amount. Normally it would've been much more expensive. Furthermore, the small entrance fee is also another stimulant for people to commit to their participation. Soundconsult is coming with a lot of demogear, as is Headsound. They wouldn't bother if only 5 people show up. :) Well, maybe they still would, but it's much nicer if we have at least 20 people participating. Looks better on the photos too. :wink: 

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #392 of 618
Quote:
Also anyone have a spare 3.5 to 3.5 cable, if yes, I would like to buy it of you.

Bought myself a 3ft Monster iCable® 800 for 14,95 ..but I have no idea why 
blink.gif
. I need the reaally short ones that I can put between the Clip+ and the Fiio E6, no idea where I'm gonna get those. And if I would use it between the receiver and laptop, it's too short. So, no idea what I would use this one for. Is this a cable you'd consider buying?

Quote:
The venued is owned by my family. It's a professional art exhibit area with a lot of facilities. Normally they charge a significant amount of money. Because they are sponsoring the event we only need to pay 5 bucks each for catering (unlimited softdrinks, snacks) and use of electricity. It's a symbolic amount. Normally it would've been much more expensive. Furthermore, the small entrance fee is also another stimulant for people to commit to their participation. Soundconsult is coming with a lot of demogear, as is Headsound. They wouldn't bother if only 5 people show up. :) Well, maybe they still would, but it's much nicer if we have at least 20 people participating. Looks better on the photos too. :wink: 

I personally wouldn't mind if it was 10 euro, either.

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #393 of 618
Awesome I'm pretty sure I'll be coming then ^^. Can't wait to try out all that gear and meet like minded people. Still what a journey. O well, would be cool if I could tag along with someone with a car (contributing for fuel costs ofc)(hifimanrookie?) . Also anyone have a spare 3.5 to 3.5 cable, if yes, I would like to buy it of you. Been through 3 cables already:rolleyes: (need it for the arrow amp). Otherwise anyone know where I can buy such a cable, somewhat affordable, which lasts longer then a week and ships reasonably fast to the Netherlands?
Also I don't mind paying, but for what exactly? I thought the room was offered free of charge?

Cheers.

Hey djo77,

Ofcourse u can carpool with me.. :D i am leaving from amsterdam..my headfi-mobiel :D has lots of space. Pm me for specifics..my email is on the carpoollist

For ur cable..depends what quality u want..good quality u can find here..toxic cables in the uk..frank the owner is a delight to deal with..if u tell him ur situation i am sure he can help u with the right cable fast..and his quality is better then some high end cables around! He is also here on headfo.org...look for toxic cabe thread..u will be surprised how many people love his cables...

Email me if u want to join me in carpooling.:p ANYONE else interested?

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #394 of 618
Quote:

Bought myself a 3ft Monster iCable® 800 for 14,95 ..but I have no idea why 
blink.gif
. I need the reaally short ones that I can put between the Clip+ and the Fiio E6, no idea where I'm gonna get those. And if I would use it between the receiver and laptop, it's too short. So, no idea what I would use this one for. Is this a cable you'd consider buying?

While nothing fancy, the little cable that comes with the E6 is pretty decent. I was going to make a custom cable, but when using the stock E6 cable, I decided not to bother until the little stock cable broke...

Otherwise the Fiio L-series cables are quite nice for the money. Qables.com sells a cheap mini to mini too, but at 8" I think it's a bit too long. You could always go with a custom, there are some very good cable makers on head-fi. They'll probably end up costing more than your Clip+ & E6 together though...

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #395 of 618
While nothing fancy, the little cable that comes with the E6 is pretty decent. I was going to make a custom cable, but when using the stock E6 cable, I decided not to bother until the little stock cable broke...

Otherwise the Fiio L-series cables are quite nice for the money. Qables.com sells a cheap mini to mini too, but at 8" I think it's a bit too long. You could always go with a custom, there are some very good cable makers on head-fi. They'll probably end up costing more than your Clip+ & E6 together though...

Try toxic cables...they are not expensive and can make almost everything u can imagine..

Nov 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #396 of 618
Quote:
This will me mine soon
smily_headphones1.gif
http://beezar.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=37&products_id=125
It wont be ready before the meet, and tilpo, this is my first DIY amp, if i get stuck could you help me then?

have this one, really fun and easy to build. Love the sound

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #397 of 618
Drinks, food, electricity?

Talking about electricity...i need at least 4 power connections..especially 2 directly into the wall for my darkvoice..he doesnt do well with indirect connection to the powergrid..my mstage dont mind that..and my hm602 also not.as my cowon...but i do need at least a 2 way socket with grounding in the wall..and my powercables are only 1.5 meters long..
Can anyone check that?
Thanks.

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #398 of 618
I'll probably come by car after all.

My (awesome) parents decided it would be a good idea to go on a weekend trip to Limburg somewhere around the 18th. :D

Nov 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #399 of 618
Quote:
Talking about electricity...i need at least 4 power connections..especially 2 directly into the wall for my darkvoice..he doesnt do well with indirect connection to the powergrid..my mstage dont mind that..and my hm602 also not.as my cowon...but i do need at least a 2 way socket with grounding in the wall..and my powercables are only 1.5 meters long..
Can anyone check that?
Thanks.

I need 5 at least. let's hope Nega has it under control

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #401 of 618
I need 5 at least. let's hope Nega has it under control

Maybe we can make a count of the electricity connectors needed..also for who its necesary to have direct wall connection and who dont..and how much in wall connectors they need..maybe an idea?

I begin:
Hifimanrookie: 2 in wall, 2 not

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #402 of 618
Quote:
I'll probably come by car after all.
My (awesome) parents decided it would be a good idea to go on a weekend trip to Limburg somewhere around the 18th.
biggrin.gif

Well, that's why I didn't offer the carpool thing, because I live a 30 minute drive away from Heerlen :p

Welcome in Limburg, all!

Edit: 0 wallplugs needed; I'll hijack someone's USB port if my Clip+ needs power!

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #403 of 618
I could bring some power cables if I have some spare room or hands to carry it.

Does anyone know a good way to equalize sound btw? I'm using foobar and FiiO E10. 

I dont think powercables will be the problem as most probably have aftermarket good quality powercables for their amps/sources..the challenge will be i think the amount of in-wall connections. But then again..some amps/sources are not very choosy from where and how they get their power from..but tube amps are! Especially a powerful one like mine who needs 2 seperate powercords to be driven.
So maybe i am just a bit overreacting..:p

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #405 of 618
Well, that's why I didn't offer the carpool thing, because I live a 30 minute drive away from Heerlen :p

Welcome in Limburg, all!

Lucky basterd :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back