Dutch/Belgian November 2012 meet
Nov 5, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #406 of 618
Well I meant some extension cord thingys where you can plug multiple plugs in one socket. :p

Let's continue like this:

Hifimanrookie: 2 in wall, 2 not

Holy Cheese: 1 not

Oh ok..i understand now..
I will take one also..with security against all kind of electrical problems or greedy amps :D

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #407 of 618
Well, that's why I didn't offer the carpool thing, because I live a 30 minute drive away from Heerlen :p

Welcome in Limburg, all!

Edit: 0 wallplugs needed; I'll hijack someone's USB port if my Clip+ needs power!

Then u need to be sure someone takes his lappie with him.. :D

Nov 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #408 of 618
I could bring some power cables if I have some spare room or hands to carry it.

Does anyone know a good way to equalize sound btw? I'm using foobar and FiiO E10. 

I once had a portable equalizer from creative..i used it for my sony walkman back in the days..maybe u can find a secondhand portable eq on ebay/marktplaats or the sorts..i know those exist..

Nov 5, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #409 of 618
Worst case solution is a last minute visit to Mediamarkt Heerlen... oh wait, make that Maastricht as Heerlen has not added additional koopzondagen.
I will bring one of those things that only takes one plug and will provide four more (I'll take two though :)).

Nov 5, 2012 at 6:36 PM Post #410 of 618

Does anyone have a shiit lyr which he can take with him? Am interested to compare him to my dv 337

As nobody even reacted..i try again..has anyone has the much about spoken super powerfull shiit lyr he can bring with him..i really wanna try him out with my he500...:D

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #412 of 618
Guys, the area itself has 4 in wall power sockets. This won't be enough if everyone needs in-wall power. That would mean if 20 people show up that all need 2 sockets the room would need 40 of 'em. :D That is insane. No room has that. I can provide more than enough power extension cords though. I suggest everyone brings at least 1 power cord themselves to be absolutely sure. 

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:54 AM Post #413 of 618
Quote:
Never liked Schiit, never will
wink.gif

Only because you're not getting any for free. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 6, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #414 of 618
Never liked Schiit, never will :wink:

So i suppose U liked ur lafigaro 339 more? :wink: does ur 339 also take at least one hour to sound at his best? My 337 takes around an hour to cool down the somewhat rough sound and then sounds heavenly..especially the highs loose the harsh sharpness... well..maybe its the placentha effect..in my head..hahaha :D

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:09 AM Post #416 of 618
Guys, the area itself has 4 in wall power sockets. This won't be enough if everyone needs in-wall power. That would mean if 20 people show up that all need 2 sockets the room would need 40 of 'em. :D That is insane. No room has that. I can provide more than enough power extension cords though. I suggest everyone brings at least 1 power cord themselves to be absolutely sure. 

Thats what i was afraid of..i tested my 337 with extension cords and i heard a worse soundstage overall..my DV needs raw power..but ok..if its not possible then we have to live with it... :xf_eek: i am a practical man. :D but pls put me then close to one socket..so i am first in the powergrid :D maybe someone has a hi end power block? Those blocks who dont make the sound decay or even with noise killers in the grid? U know ..ayaide and the kind..Maybe soundconsult or the german company can provide one or two..? Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :wink:

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #417 of 618
I hope you mean placebo :D
Like all tube amps it sounds best when warmed up, starting from 30 minutes it improves

Big oops..what was i thinking :D yeah the placebo..so urs need also some time to really shine..or maybe its the tubes i have... Damn i think to much.. :D

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #418 of 618
Only because you're not getting any for free. :rolleyes:

From what i read..shiit isnt very givaway .. They do have very active marketing..but ON contrary to head direct..the provider of the excellent hifiman assortment..they are less prone to give u free shiit :D ..even if u buy one and decide to sent back the amp IN the tryout period u have to pay i think 5 % of the worth..head direct does this without any costs i think...but hey...SHIIT..if ur reading this...i am willing to test ur lyr or mjolnir against my 337.. So sent me one to try....i dont mind. :wink:

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #419 of 618

Question...maybe i overread it...but when do the doors open? :D i come from far far away....:rolleyes:

Nov 6, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #420 of 618
I hope you mean placebo :D
Like all tube amps it sounds best when warmed up, starting from 30 minutes it improves

Thanks..good to know that..am a rookie concerning tube amps..dont even know which tubes are best for my 337.. I see prices from 10 euros a pair until hundreds of euros for a matched pair. Pity i cant try other tubes without buying them first..:xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back