DUNU Unveils the Successor to the Legendary SA6, the MK2
Apr 21, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #76 of 129
Torn between these, the Thieaudio Oracle Mk II and the Moondrop Variations (I may drop the last one as an option since I have the Kato and it would be good to try a different "house" sound).
Any suggestions?

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #79 of 129
Is HifiGo the only way to buy these?

HifiGo charged my card but lost my order record, so I'm looking for another way to buy it while I dispute the charges.

They will be available directly from us the end of May. HiFiGo has an exclusive with us for the first month.

You can pre-order directly from us now. All pre-orders will ship out on 5/20.

Apr 23, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #80 of 129
My SA6II from Hifigo arrived a couple days ago. Have been listening to it next to a kilobuck IEM that I am reviewing. You can find my unboxing and graph video here:

The tuning switch effectively changes the tonality from a W (off) to U (on). I personally leave the switch on because the soundstage imaging has more depth with orchestral and cinematic music. The technical performance is very high, easily outdoes some lesser kilobucks. I’m also impressed by the BA woofers. It does lack a bit bounciness of good DD bass, but it’s crisp and dynamic. Strongly reminds me of 64 Audio BA bass. From memory, this MkII outperforms the original version on the aspects that I care about the most (detail, resolution, staging). The IEMs look good on camera too. I will enjoy reviewing these IEMs a lot.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #81 of 129
My SA6II from Hifigo arrived a couple days ago. Have been listening to it next to a kilobuck IEM that I am reviewing. You can find my unboxing and graph video here:

The tuning switch effectively changes the tonality from a W (off) to U (on). I personally leave the switch on because the soundstage imaging has more depth with orchestral and cinematic music. The technical performance is very high, easily outdoes some lesser kilobucks. I’m also impressed by the BA woofers. It does lack a bit bounciness of good DD bass, but it’s crisp and dynamic. Strongly reminds me of 64 Audio BA bass. From memory, this MkII outperforms the original version on the aspects that I care about the most (detail, resolution, staging). The IEMs look good on camera too. I will enjoy reviewing these IEMs a lot.

Looking forward to your review!

Apr 24, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #83 of 129
Apr 24, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #86 of 129
They will be available directly from us the end of May. HiFiGo has an exclusive with us for the first month.

You can pre-order directly from us now. All pre-orders will ship out on 5/20.
Sharing my review and others’ as well with more details for those still on the fence on getting one. I believe this is one set that will please the majority and I don’t see anybody being disappointed with it at this price-range.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/dunu-studio-sa6-mk2.26407/reviews

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #87 of 129
Apr 27, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #88 of 129
Torn between these, the Thieaudio Oracle Mk II and the Moondrop Variations (I may drop the last one as an option since I have the Kato and it would be good to try a different "house" sound).
Any suggestions?
Pulled the trigger and got my Mk IIs...loving it so far :metal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back