DUNU Unveils the Successor to the Legendary SA6, the MK2
Apr 5, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #46 of 129
not a fan of the new look and col:frowning2:or choices to be honest, but yeah that's just me.
No more random colored faceplates?
Also it does look bigger. I like the sa6 for it's small and comfy shells.

No, no more random colors. The amount of wood and resin you can get is different for each set however.

Should still be ergonomic, just a little bigger. Also agree that the old wood design looked better, still the new one is also quite fancy.

Screenshot_20230405-134123.png

Screenshot_20230405-134146.png

Videos on MKII starting come in:

Chiming in here, to comment on those worried about the fit.

The shell itself, exterior wise, is made to be look like custom IEMs, so it looks bigger than the original sa6.

The inner side is same as the old one, so no need to worried about MKII becoming bigger.

Apr 5, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #47 of 129
Apr 5, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #48 of 129
SA6-1.png
SA6-2.png
SA6-3.png

Excited to share some more of our material for the MK2 over the next few weeks :)

Apr 6, 2023 at 2:18 AM Post #50 of 129
Taking on these two beautiful multi-BA sets today, one has an 8-BA driver configuration while the other houses a 6BA driver configuration. One of these has lovely vocals, rich, dense, and crisp but lacks resolution. The other is way more balanced, has an excellent lower-end punch, and brilliant extensions at the top-end as well. The first one is the Kiwi Ears Orchestra lite, good sounding set for the price although lacks resolution and has an intimate presentation as well, the other is the SA6 MK2, well-tuned, has excellent bass, crisp instruments, and has good extensions, wide staging, and airy presentation as well.

Got the SA6 MK2 as a pre-sale unit(bought), and the Orchestra Lite is a friend's unit I got for an audition. Up next will be the comparison with SA6 Ultra when I get the shipment back from a friend(which is supposed to be today).

Multi BA Battle.jpg

Apr 6, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #51 of 129
Apr 6, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #53 of 129
As an SA6 Ultra lover, I confess that I'm on the fence with the mk2. To start with, the form factor is a step down IMO, considerably bigger... why? I wonder if these will be reused for the S10 or S16, and hence the added girth, leaving some empty space in the mk2 (production line optimization?).

The few graphs that are available (HBB's) seem to show shallower upper mids, which I imagine will favour bass and treble by contrast. The Ultra already had that balance quite right, to my taste (and there is the switch), though the graph of the mk2 is quite appealing, nevertheless, and bass quality may also be a factor.

Craving more reviews on the mk2, but so far I'll probably skip this one and start saving pennies for the SA10 or SA16.

Apr 6, 2023 at 12:16 PM Post #54 of 129
To start with, the form factor is a step down IMO, considerably bigger... why? I wonder if these will be reused for the S10 or S16, and hence the added girth, leaving some empty space in the mk2 (production line optimization?).

The few graphs that are available (HBB's) seem to show shallower upper mids, which I imagine will favour bass and treble by contrast. The Ultra already had that balance quite right, to my taste (and there is the switch), though the graph of the mk2 is quite appealing, nevertheless, and bass quality may also be a factor.

Craving more reviews on the mk2, but so far I'll probably skip this one and start saving pennies for the SA10 or SA16.

As I clarified a few posts ago, the shell has no actual size change. It is simply an impression of that because of the the slightly bigger faceplate.

We did this so it actually fits better, more like a custom monitor.

Apr 7, 2023 at 3:54 PM Post #58 of 129
Post copied from The Discovery Thread.

Today, I spent the day auditioning the SA6 Ultra head-to-head with the new SA6 MK2. And here are my impressions between the two,

Design and Build Quality:-

SA6 Ultra ear shells are smaller in comparison, but it’s only with the face covers. The internal ergonomic shape is kind of similar on both the sets, I personally find the SA6 MK2 to provide me with a better fit. My medium-sized ears and the shells sit comfortably on my ears. Build quality, both are good, SA6 MK2 feels more raw and textured.

Sound Comparison:-

Well, both the pairs use the same number of drivers in basically the same crossover technique as well. But there is a bit of difference in their sound. Well, there is a noticeable difference between their sound. Sharing some in the form of points below.

>MK2 has more punch, more rumble, and basically a stronger lower-end presentation. Good thing is that it’s tuned in a well-controlled manner so as to not bring any muddiness to the midrange.

>Treble is also enhanced, the lower treble feels smoother while the upper treble has a bit more crispiness. Instruments sound crispier, and better defined on the MK2.

>Soundstage is airier, wider, and a tad bit more expressive in the MK2.

>Midrange is the section where both sets sound identical to me. But MK2 has a more open soundstage that makes the Midrange sound better separated and more airy as well.

Now coming to the main part, how big of these changes are with the MK2, first of all Ultra is no longer available, you wanted Ultra but couldn’t get it. MK2 is there now upcoming soon. The changes in lower-end and staging are more prominent and imo are more noticeable with the MK2. Rest changes are there but not that prominent. Overall, I am happy that the MK2 is here, if you check out my review of the SA6 Ultra, I mentioned that I would love more punch in the lower end, and the MK2 does exactly that for me!!

Thank You, hope you guys liked this small comparison of mine!! Time for some beautiful images, although these are average quality images as I clicked the through my phone only.
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back