Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Sep 12, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #2,837 of 3,012
Hey I just got my Titan 1 in the form of Fiio EX1 and upon testing I discovered that it doesn't work with my phone(Windows Phone) without some kind of extender it does however work with my Ipod Nano 7 as is. Can you guys shed me some light on this issue?

*note: I also posted this in the Fiio EX1 thread

Sep 12, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,838 of 3,012
Hey I just got my Titan 1 in the form of Fiio EX1 and upon testing I discovered that it doesn't work with my phone(Windows Phone) without some kind of extender it does however work with my Ipod Nano 7 as is. Can you guys shed me some light on this issue?

*note: I also posted this in the Fiio EX1 thread

Socket problem with a device it sounds like. I'm guessing you are getting sound atleast from one earpiece when plugged into the windows phone?

Sep 12, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #2,839 of 3,012
This could be caused by various things.

I know that with some really low impedance IEMs and a few other ones, my BlackBerry Q10 switched either into Line Out mode or falsely detected a headset (with the latter type of IEMs).

Then, there is minimal production tolerance of the sockets and plugs. As the Nokia has got a 4- or even 5-pole socket and the FiiO/DUNU a 3-pole plug, there could be minimal tolerance and the pins inside the socket probably don't fully touch the surface of the plug.
Some 4-pole plugs therefore also don't work with 3-pole sockets unless the plug is not fully put inside or an extender is used that perfectly matches with the pins.

You could try cleaning the socket (handkerchief plus toothpick). If this doesn't help, using an extension is the only way to make it work as the pins then perfectly match.

Sep 13, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #2,840 of 3,012
This could be caused by various things.

I know that with some really low impedance IEMs and a few other ones, my BlackBerry Q10 switched either into Line Out mode or falsely detected a headset (with the latter type of IEMs).

Then, there is minimal production tolerance of the sockets and plugs. As the Nokia has got a 4- or even 5-pole socket and the FiiO/DUNU a 3-pole plug, there could be minimal tolerance and the pins inside the socket probably don't fully touch the surface of the plug.

Some 4-pole plugs therefore also don't work with 3-pole sockets unless the plug is not fully put inside or an extender is used that perfectly matches with the pins.

You could try cleaning the socket (handkerchief plus toothpick). If this doesn't help, using an extension is the only way to make it work as the pins then perfectly match.
Hi, all that you stated are absolutely correct. There might be some issue with the pins not touching. As of now it's still not working so the only work around is using a cable extender. Its interesting these things happen even with standard stereo plugs. Thanks for the tip and explanation, cheers mate.

Sep 14, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #2,841 of 3,012
Hi, all that you stated are absolutely correct. There might be some issue with the pins not touching. As of now it's still not working so the only work around is using a cable extender. Its interesting these things happen even with standard stereo plugs. Thanks for the tip and explanation, cheers mate.

+1

Sep 24, 2016 at 7:31 AM Post #2,842 of 3,012
My T3 has more than 50+ hours now. 
Brain is well adjusted to the sound, but what bothers me still is the upper mid range/lower treble. It does not sound harsh, but it is very dry  specially the cymbals. when they hit, the texture does not sound natural to me. it's hard for me to explain how the texture sounds. like there is a bright coating on them. when the cymbals hit - the reverb is very dry. do you people hear the same?

Sep 24, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #2,843 of 3,012
My T3 has more than 50+ hours now. 
Brain is well adjusted to the sound, but what bothers me still is the upper mid range/lower treble. It does not sound harsh, but it is very dry  specially the cymbals. when they hit, the texture does not sound natural to me. it's hard for me to explain how the texture sounds. like there is a bright coating on them. when the cymbals hit - the reverb is very dry. do you people hear the same?

Yes, my ears hear the same, it seems a bit more "reflective or shimmery"

Sep 25, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #2,844 of 3,012
Which titans would you guys reccomend for me .I listen to a variety of genres so nothing specific also these will be my first good iem the only ones i hv had before were apple earpods so I dont really know how to explain the kind of sound I like.All I can is tht I like some good punchy bass. Also if there are any other good iems in this price range please let me know.....thx

Sep 25, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #2,845 of 3,012
Which titans would you guys reccomend for me .I listen to a variety of genres so nothing specific also these will be my first good iem the only ones i hv had before were apple earpods so I dont really know how to explain the kind of sound I like.All I can is tht I like some good punchy bass. Also if there are any other good iems in this price range please let me know.....thx
All three are great but all depends on your preferences. I personally own the T1/EX1 and T5, so I'm only gonna speak of them.

So far I'm liking the Titan 1 a lot because it sounds more open, balance, and natural. And more importantly, I can use it for hours fatigue free unlike the Titan 5. But the T5 has more bass and isolates noise better so there's that.
I guess what you should ask yourself now is 'how and where you are going to use it' because these two have different practical uses.
If perhaps you want to isolate yourself from background noise and want more bass then the Titan 5 is more ideal. But if you don't mind much and prefers a more balance sounding earphone then pick the Titan 1, it pretty much isolates similarly to the Apple Earpods.
But mind you, coming from Apple Earpods might need you some time to get use to the Titan 1 but the Titan 5 will make you feel like home immediately. Either one is great it's just the matter of purpose you have to consider.

Sep 25, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #2,846 of 3,012
All three are great but all depends on your preferences. I personally own the T1/EX1 and T5, so I'm only gonna speak of them.

So far I'm liking the Titan 1 a lot because it sounds more open, balance, and natural. And more importantly, I can use it for hours fatigue free unlike the Titan 5. But the T5 has more bass and isolates noise better so there's that.
I guess what you should ask yourself now is 'how and where you are going to use it' because these two have different practical uses.
If perhaps you want to isolate yourself from background noise and want more bass then the Titan 5 is more ideal. But if you don't mind much and prefers a more balance sounding earphone then pick the Titan 1, it pretty much isolates similarly to the Apple Earpods.
But mind you, coming from Apple Earpods might need you some time to get use to the Titan 1 but the Titan 5 will make you feel like home immediately. Either one is great it's just the matter of purpose you have to consider.

Nicely said! I would recommend the Titan 5 as they have a more desirable punchy bass if your familar with the earpods

Sep 26, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #2,847 of 3,012

I plan to use them at home as well as the gym.I hv surprisingly never had anyone complain about sound leaking out from my apple earpods so I dont think that would be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back