Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jun 19, 2015 at 10:02 AM Post #1,786 of 3,012
  On that note, it's almost painful at times to be a part of this community. Especially when you're not a part of any review tours and lack the reputation and credibility to share and borrow gear you'll otherwise never get to lay a finger on. It is admittedly hard not to feel jealous of you guys sometimes.

I've never really been on a tour and bought almost everything I've heard. I choose this hobby and its the only thing I really splurge on and save up for the gear I buy. Looking at your profile, you're similar to me, wife children etc. I think we've chosen a good hobby

Jun 19, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,787 of 3,012
  I've never really been on a tour and bought almost everything I've heard.

That's because we continue inviting you on our tours, but you won't come join us. 
popcorn.gif

Letting Australia down, spurxii.

I should have my Titan back soon, I think its almost a world record lending session, d marc0 has my Titan for about 3 months now.

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #1,788 of 3,012
That's pretty much how I heard the Titans too before returning them hurriedly. I was not impressed with them against El cheapo Tenore. Not an upgrade but more sideways to a signature that was dry & grating.

I'm going to try A73 next. I have a good feeling about this one -It has plenty of bass too.

That's because Tenore is awesome!

Jun 19, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #1,789 of 3,012

That's because we continue inviting you on our tours, but you won't come join us. 
popcorn.gif

I should have my Titan back soon, I think its almost a world record lending session, d marc0 has my Titan for about 3 months now.

I will kill for the Titan-1, you have better ones so you wont mind much.

Seems like he has fallen in lobe with them, or too busy to return.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 19, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #1,792 of 3,012
  tenore beats ue600 :) too much low treble dip on the ue600. the titan is different in that it sounds more "real" and "3d" than the tenore, but I'd argue a tenore with good bass level is more accurate than both.

What about layering and micro details, imaging, notes depth and finishing.

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:08 PM Post #1,793 of 3,012
That's because we continue inviting you on our tours, but you won't come join us. :popcorn:

Lol its true but just I just don't like writing reviews. No time for it these days. I would have a listen no obligation or just impressions

Keep inviting me uncle H20Fidelity and one day I will bite

Jun 19, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #1,794 of 3,012

tenore beats ue600 :) too much low treble dip on the ue600. the titan is different in that it sounds more "real" and "3d" than the tenore, but I'd argue a tenore with good bass level is more accurate than both.

What about layering and micro details, imaging, notes depth and finishing.

Tenore, tenore, tenore, tenore and tenore. :wink:

Haha. But really, the bass on a tenore varies by set up to at least 6db sometimes from tests we've compared here on the forum. If you get a bassier tenore, the ue600 might be more revealing and accurate overall. With a neutral bass tenore, the frequency response is nearly identical to a red filtered er4s with better sub bass. I'm talking 98% identical.

I don't know anyone, anywhere that would say the ue600 is more revealing (or any of those things) than the er4s. And therefore, the neutral tenore. But it would be easy to hear otherwise if the tenore was bass heavy. So sad that they have that issue. Otherwise, I'd probably still consider it the most accurate earphone to date.

The tenore isn't necessarily the most amazing with "imaging". However, earphones are a tricky thing. To replicate the "3d-ness" of a speaker, I personally find an earphone with additional treble in the right areas, or even a slight cut in lower treble in certain areas (similar to the re400 for instance, although overdone) can give a more 3 dimensional quality to things. The titan 1 sounds more 3d and spacious than the er4s or tenore, but I wouldn't say it is as "accurate". If you want to hear "every" detail found in "every" region of the frequency response, the tenore and er4s would be better (assuming no EQ).

However, some people like to hear what they call "micro details", but it's really more like treble "sharpness" in the right areas. And while this might sound awesome, it can also mask the smoothness and details in the mids. Something like the er4s or tenore might sound dull in comparison, but when you really listen to something complex, you can hear every naunce, everywhere in the song. No "one" thing stands out as amazing, but the whole "mix" of the song sounds great and every little "micro detail" can be heard when you listen for it.

But the truth is that NONE of these are truly accurate. Even the er4s and tenore can use EQ to improve their bass and treble. But alas, we are at the whim of the earphone manufactures :-/  I'd give anything to be on the production and design team of an outstanding earphone.

I would make the flattest most "accurate" iem possible using all researched targets and monitors as a guide and then design the earphone to have a few filters to compensate for common ear issues like resonance and whatnot that differ between users. Obviously this wouldn't be easy, but gosh darnit, I'd make it happen!!!! :p

Jun 19, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #1,796 of 3,012
I found fault...er...rather my wife found fault on the Titans because they leaked in the bedroom. (hehe)

So I ended up purchasing the dn2000.
My wife was not impressed.

innuendo aside, people do know that Dunu iems/experience are tip dependent right?

Jun 19, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #1,798 of 3,012
Are there UIEMs that aren't tip dependent? If so, I've never had the opportunity to check them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back