Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Feb 26, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #466 of 3,012
How do they compare to the Duoza...straight out of the box ?...I can not decide which one to get....

Both = really good.

I can't remember what the duoza's sounded like out of the box, but the out of box titan1's bass and highs are more forward and elevated for sure - more v-shaped than duoza's. Duoza's seem more balanced, laid back and smoother. Titan1's have more detail and energy. Both rock.

If you can, get them both :)

Edit: not sure about the detail comment yet - both have good detail retrieval. I'm still processing the soundstage differences.

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #468 of 3,012
Both = really good.

I can't remember what the duoza's sounded like out of the box, but the out of box titan1's bass and highs are more forward and elevated for sure - more v-shaped than duoza's. Duoza's seem more balanced, laid back and smoother. Titan1's have more detail and energy. Both rock.

If you can, get them both :)

Edit: not sure about the detail comment yet - both have good detail retrieval. I'm still processing the soundstage differences.

x2 very similar experience, think the Duoza may have a bit more depth of stage and the Titans sound "lighter" and can be a little tizzy.

Feb 26, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #470 of 3,012
Hey guys - I'm pretty new to earphones (been using stock ones up until now).

I'm a bit torn between medium and small. I can feel that the medium leaves a bit of room above/around my upper ear canal entrance while the small has just a tiny bit. Leaning towards small... Would you guys agree?

Also, Reds, Wide, or Narrow eartips? 

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #471 of 3,012
Just pulled these out of the box and listened to Gramatik's 'Control Room Before You'....these seem to be exactly what I was looking for. Cannot wait to really dive in and test them....although....I do need to spend ample time with the new NarMoo B2M and W1M....this is going to be a good weekend.
beerchug.gif

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #474 of 3,012
  By that, do you mean the comply tips that come with the Titan 1? No Comply tips come supplied with the Titan 1.

Nah, I'm referring to the Sony, Narrow, and Wide ones provided. It seems like Comply is well recommended to work with Titan 1... I'd have to buy one from Amazon or something. What are your thoughts on the Comply + Titan combo?

Feb 27, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #475 of 3,012

Nah, I'm referring to the Sony, Narrow, and Wide ones provided. It seems like Comply is well recommended to work with Titan 1... I'd have to buy one from Amazon or something. What are your thoughts on the Comply + Titan combo?

Seriously?

Read back a couple pages, or read my review which is listed in my sig. Or here: http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12615

If you're too lazy to do any of that:

Anyone have a recommendation for eartips which make sound field bigger and tame down treble a little bit?

Comply T-series. Works like a charm for me. You just need to do a little mod to get them to fit, though, like so:

I placed a tiny bit of an eartip nozzle that I cut off and stretched it over the dent on the Titn 1 nozzle. Without it Comply tips fit very loosely. 
As far as my eartip collection goes, the T-400s sound the best on the Titan 1. I've also tried S-series on them; they didn't really seal as well.

Feb 27, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #476 of 3,012
  Here's my review.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12653

Great review! And good to know they sound great off of the Ihifi 770! Heck, I have the 770, and I just got the Titan1 - time for me to try the combo!

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:00 AM Post #477 of 3,012
Great review! And good to know they sound great off of the Ihifi 770! Heck, I have the 770, and I just got the Titan1 - time for me to try the combo!

It's an awesome combination. No need for amping. The Titan 1 is easy to drive.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #478 of 3,012
It's an awesome combination. No need for amping. The Titan 1 is easy to drive.

Wow, you're not kidding. Really awesome synergy. Wow.

Feb 27, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #479 of 3,012

They came in a few days earlier than anticipated - wish that happened more often!

I also threw on those large Sony's (light blue core) and am listening to some Alex Di Stefano trance. Hearing is believing - these things are great. Very surprised at the amount of bass, and they are a pleasure for trance and edm. So far I am not hearing any sibilance (whew), but we'll see after I listen to some other music. I look forward to experiencing Porcupine Tree and other great tunes with them.

Offhand, these things indeed do rock! 
beerchug.gif

So you like them mate? Great stuff, I don't think many (any actually) have been disappointed.

Dunu simply know how to nail their tuning technics, and the end result benefits us and them. 

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #480 of 3,012
  Comply T-series. Works like a charm for me. You just need to do a little mod to get them to fit, though, like so:

I placed a tiny bit of an eartip nozzle that I cut off and stretched it over the dent on the Titn 1 nozzle. Without it Comply tips fit very loosely. 
As far as my eartip collection goes, the T-400s sound the best on the Titan 1. I've also tried S-series on them; they didn't really seal as well.

Received my Titan's earlier this week and have been listening and burning them in over the past few days.  They sound wonderful, but I was a little discouraged since I wasn't able to obtain a good seal with any of the stock tips.  Due to this, I wasn't getting any bass punch and while still good, everything sounded a little thin.  After trying the above mod with both my Comply Ts-400 and trusty Radio Shack Auvio tips, I got that seal and resulting sound I was looking for.  The Comply's sound a touch better overall since they seem to tame the highs slightly better, but since I generally prefer silicone to foam, I've settled on the medium Auvio tips.  They must be a perfect fit for my ear canals because they end up being my preferred tip on most of my iem's.  I do have some spiral dots on the way, but have a feeling they won't work as well with the Titan's due to their shorter length.  We shall see.

I would say that if the stock tips don't work for you and you don't mind using foam, the Comply 200 series may be the best sounding tip to try since they supposedly fit the Titan nozzle without a mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back