Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jan 31, 2015 at 7:42 AM Post #271 of 3,012

Probably? Tyll has two different versions of measurements for the S2, one pre-production, and another in-production. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked it even more recently to make it more mass market friendly. I heard it pretty early on, and my thoughts were similar to yours. I didn't think it was too bassy, but it was boosted. The S2 does have lacking sub-bass, which is why I preferred the S1's bass response, despite its being less controlled and less resolving.

I actually think the Titan 1 is fairly bassy as well, but as I keep mentioning, its decay characteristics and transient speed help make the relatively strong bass feel acceptable, even for someone who prefers neutral bass response (borderline acceptable). The soundstage of the Titan 1 also helps the bass feel like it impacts "outward" rather than "inward", and thus it feels more open in the bass region.

Noted thanks!  Different tuning on different production batch happens. Bought my S2 early 2014, but not sure how long has it been in the store. Probably old stock.
Agree, T1 bass is rather north of neutral, but still within my acceptable limit. Tonight T1 will pass the 200 hours recommended burning hours from DUNU.  Will listen more later to give better impression.

Yes, the fidelio S2 that I had sounded awesome from sub-bass to lower mids.

So if the titan 1 has similar bass level then I guess i'm going to like it. thanks again!

Interesting! I would love to hear the S2 'good bass' version 
normal_smile .gif

I will use Titan 1 more intensively next week, after it pass the 200 hours burn-in tonight, so will share more impression later.

Jan 31, 2015 at 8:48 AM Post #272 of 3,012
oh chase me up about this is a few days and if you want ill give you some camparisons.  i too rather adore the R3 sound wise.  atm id say it comes down to have treble sensitive/tolerant you are.

I would appreciate that a lot!

Even though i am now gravitating towards the HiFiMAN RE-600 or Audio Technica ATH-CKR9... looking for a more balanced rather than v shaped sound.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #273 of 3,012
Bad Titan review by Dsnuts:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12502

Bad because I now really want the Titans lol
beerchug.gif

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #274 of 3,012
  Bad Titan review by Dsnuts:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/dunu-titan-1-titanium-coated-diaphragm-earphones/reviews/12502

Bad because I now really want the Titans lol
beerchug.gif

You should really go ahead with Titan, they're the real deal.

Considering you like to lay on your side they're also suitable. The only problem is they can leak noise a little depending on your listening level. I had someone say they could hear people screaming from my room late one night "it was terrible" were their words. What it actually was is Jasmine Thompson singing "Chandelier" 

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #275 of 3,012
You should really go ahead with Titan, they're the real deal.

Considering you like to lay on your side they're also suitable. The only problem is they can leak noise a little depending on your listening level. I had someone say they could hear people screaming from my room late one night "it was terrible" were their words. What it actually was is Jasmine Thompson singing "Chandelier" 

I'm still in the throes of my Douza infatuation, but I might snag the Titans off of Massdrop. That'll work out to $130CN, but they sound worth it for that price.

Being able to layi on the side with them is a good thing for sure. But leaking noise isn't a problem for me - I'm into misanthropy lol. Seriously, I've kind of given up on finding an iem that isolates better than the h200 (for the gym), so I'm not worrying it too much about that.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #276 of 3,012

I'm still in the throes of my Douza infatuation, but I might snag the Titans off of Massdrop. That'll work out to $130CN, but they sound worth it for that price.

Being able to layi on the side with them is a good thing for sure. But leaking noise isn't a problem for me - I'm into misanthropy lol. Seriously, I've kind of given up on finding an iem that isolates better than the h200 (for the gym), so I'm not worrying it too much about that.

The upside to Titan's design is the spaciousness and air they provide, so there's a reason for the substantial porting. I can still use them at reasonable levels without anyone kicking fuss around me, but I can also at will open them up to a level which may grab someone's awareness.

I believe what Dunu have here with Titan is what's known as a "Gateway Drug Product", one that performs far above its price inspiring your interested for their other models, hybrids, etc. I think Dunu know what they're doing from a business method, the bonus is "us" the consumer can rake in those benefits for around $100 while it happens. 
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #278 of 3,012
I'm in the same boat as Wayne's World. I'm totally diggin my Duozas which I ordered after finding out about them in the Discovery thread, and one or two days later the Dunu Titan arrived in the same thread haha.

I also just found out about Massdrop so I will be following that for the next remaining 5 days (+$14 for shipping to my country).

I really like the isolation that the Duoza provides; haven't yet tested if they leak much or not. The only downside of the Duoza is that it's impossible to sleep on the side with them, they really are like frankenbolts. Oh and I'm a tiny bit jealous about the accessories provided by Dunu vs Zero Audio haha; they are like both in same price category and would've love to have a box to protect the Duoza which look fragile, and also to test out more tips. But that's not important, I can always fix that with aftermarket stuff.

One thing for sure though, I wanted to try iems for portability (only used earbuds back in my walkman and minidisc days), the Mikros 90 small factor as they may be, were too big to fit comfortably in my coat. Now I'm planning to make a 'preparation check-list' this year to decide about taking a plunge for custom iems so I can have heaven while sleeping on the side and when I walk around.

Are the Titan-1 comfortable while sleeping on the side? (Leakage and isolation not important factors for that situation)

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #279 of 3,012

The upside to Titan's design is the spaciousness and air they provide, so there's a reason for the substantial porting. I can still use them at reasonable levels without anyone kicking fuss around me, but I can also at will open them up to a level which may grab someone's awareness.

I believe what Dunu have here with Titan is what's known as a "Gateway Drug Product", one that performs far above its price inspiring your interested for their other models, hybrids, etc. I think Dunu know what they're doing from a business method, the bonus is "us" the consumer can rake in those benefits for around $100 while it happens. 
wink.gif

Can't resist the temptation H20, just purchased the Titan 1 from Massdrop 
tongue.gif
 Thanks to you 
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #280 of 3,012
  Are the Titan-1 comfortable while sleeping on the side? (Leakage and isolation not important factors for that situation)

I've had no problems with them, and have dropped off while wearing them a couple of times so far.

Feb 1, 2015 at 9:08 PM Post #281 of 3,012
I'm in the same boat as Wayne's World. I'm totally diggin my Duozas which I ordered after finding out about them in the Discovery thread, and one or two days later the Dunu Titan arrived in the same thread haha.

I also just found out about Massdrop so I will be following that for the next remaining 5 days (+$14 for shipping to my country).

I really like the isolation that the Duoza provides; haven't yet tested if they leak much or not. The only downside of the Duoza is that it's impossible to sleep on the side with them, they really are like frankenbolts. Oh and I'm a tiny bit jealous about the accessories provided by Dunu vs Zero Audio haha; they are like both in same price category and would've love to have a box to protect the Duoza which look fragile, and also to test out more tips. But that's not important, I can always fix that with aftermarket stuff.

One thing for sure though, I wanted to try iems for portability (only used earbuds back in my walkman and minidisc days), the Mikros 90 small factor as they may be, were too big to fit comfortably in my coat. Now I'm planning to make a 'preparation check-list' this year to decide about taking a plunge for custom iems so I can have heaven while sleeping on the side and when I walk around.

Fwiw, the douza's are better for laying down with when worn over ears. Also fwiw, the kc06a's are good and are quite flush/good for laying down with (bit they don't isolate very well).

And one for fwiw.. I've heard that the titans are a good upgrade to the kc06a's sq-wise, so that bodes well for the titans as well imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back