Dunu Hephaes [Impression + Review + tons of photos]
Jul 25, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #16 of 22

Quote:
I'm very interested in these myself. I have RE0 and AD900 which both are clean sounding, I definitely want a more fun bass heavy IEM, DUNU might be my choice!

Try the Ares if you liked the RE0 (I haven't heard the AD900s).  The mids are much more forward though, but you get a lot more bass with great impact and still don't give up treble (with propper seals; avoid the narrow-nozzled tips).  The signature is still no where near the RE0s though, so expect some coloration, especially in the mids.  The Crius would be next up, but it lacks bass.

Jul 25, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #18 of 22

Quote:
I actually have a pair of Ares on the way thanks to Dunu, a fantastic company for service I say.

Nice.  Hope you enjoy them, they are a fun pair of headphones.  And yes, Dunu has great service.

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #20 of 22

Quote:
so, the trident and hephaes are Dynamic , and the crius and ares BA ? what about the 5th one?

I have no idea what kind of driver is in the 5th one (that isn't part of the DN series)...  If I had to guess I'd have to say it's a dynamic.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #21 of 22
I believe Hades is an armature phone. As far as I know, a China only model as well. I asked about them and they are not really part of the DN-XX group, as tinyman392 said.

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #22 of 22
I've found that the driver on the Hephaes is nice and deep which makes it excellent for listening to tracks with lots of deep rythm. The Ares are also excellent but I think much brighter and not as deep so maybe more suited to music where bass is less important.

Personally I prefer the Hephaes but they are still both excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back