DUNU FALCON PRO - Impressions thread
Sep 24, 2021 at 11:08 AM Post #34 of 107
Sep 24, 2021 at 6:48 PM Post #35 of 107
Falcon has landed.

DSC01341.jpg

Very bold, fun sound. Midbass punch is huge yet very well-controlled, I don't get the sense of boominess so far that the FD3 could easily fall into. I've got a lot of listening ahead of me!

Sep 25, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #38 of 107
Preferring the Transparency nozzles, contrary to other impressions so far. The treble was a bit too safe and smooth on the Reference nozzles for my taste. Although I have to say that "Reference" is quite the misnomer, I would have called them "Balanced" instead since the warm V of the Falcon Pro is quite far from reference sound IMO.

Actually though the Transparency nozzle turns them into a bass-boosted neutral sound signature to my ear. Could be a true upgrade to my beloved the Tin T2 Plus.

graph.png

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #42 of 107
Me and my 14yo son just attended CanJam SoCal 2021. We picked these up from the great guys @DUNU-Topsound. I am not an ‘IEM GUY’ but my son wanted something with high quality sound for school. I will start with the bad- isolation. If you meed isolation these are not for you. The good- everything else. The stainless steel housing is beautiful. The build quality is top notch. The cable is luxurious. The quick change 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4 connectors are hugely convenient. And I don’t know how normal this is but it seems like they put 20+ sets of tips in the box. We have not experimented with the tuning nozzles yet, but this seems a great bonus to be able to tweak the sound a little. Do all $200 IEMS come with all this stuff AND and an awesome little carrying case too?

The sound, for me was shockingly good. More balanced than other early impressions and measurements suggested. What do I hear when I put these on? I hear these:
1632801677366.png

I do not mean to be hyperbolic, but I maybe even hear this:
1632801766551.png

Seriously. The bass is mid bass focused, but has decent sub bass extension. The lower mids are slightly scooped, but not v-shaped. There is a slight upper mid boost and smooth treble beyond that. My son is absolutely in love and after a few songs on the Falcon Pro, I might be a little jealous. Nice job DUNU. We are drinking the DUNU Kool-Aid and it is delicious.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #43 of 107
Me and my 14yo son just attended CanJam SoCal 2021. We picked these up from the great guys @DUNU-Topsound. I am not an ‘IEM GUY’ but my son wanted something with high quality sound for school. I will start with the bad- isolation. If you meed isolation these are not for you. The good- everything else. The stainless steel housing is beautiful. The build quality is top notch. The cable is luxurious. The quick change 2.5, 3.5 and 4.4 connectors are hugely convenient. And I don’t know how normal this is but it seems like they put 20+ sets of tips in the box. We have not experimented with the tuning nozzles yet, but this seems a great bonus to be able to tweak the sound a little. Do all $200 IEMS come with all this stuff AND and an awesome little carrying case too?

The sound, for me was shockingly good. More balanced than other early impressions and measurements suggested. What do I hear when I put these on? I hear these:
1632801677366.png
I do not mean to be hyperbolic, but I maybe even hear this:
1632801766551.png
Seriously. The bass is mid bass focused, but has decent sub bass extension. The lower mids are slightly scooped, but not v-shaped. There is a slight upper mid boost and smooth treble beyond that. My son is absolutely in love and after a few songs on the Falcon Pro, I might be a little jealous. Nice job DUNU. We are drinking the DUNU Kool-Aid and it is delicious.

So the Falcon Pro reminds you of the Elex? That's pretty good because the Elex is a rocking-good headphone.

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #44 of 107
So the Falcon Pro reminds you of the Elex? That's pretty good because the Elex is a rocking-good headphone.
It really does remind me of the Elex. The frequency response, bass levels and dynamics are eerily similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back