DUNU FALCON PRO - Impressions thread
Sep 21, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #17 of 107
@cqtek
It seems that the FD5 is the closest rival.
Do you have it to do a comparison measurement?
84A1C9C0-39E9-4209-AED3-4018E49E2D2D.png

Sep 21, 2021 at 2:48 PM Post #18 of 107
Warmer and better fitting than the Zen? Take my money!

Sep 21, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #20 of 107
Falcon Pro graphs well, maybe a bit too much lower mids.

Reference is arguably the best setting of the three. Transparency is too similar to Reference, Atmospheric pretty much kills 10k with the huge roll off.

Sep 21, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #22 of 107
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 1:37 AM Post #24 of 107
Good to see people getting their pre-production units on time.

The following is an aggregate of all the frequency response plots made with the reference tuning nozzle released so far. Discrepancies between various measurement setups yield different results due to a variety of factors, e.g. coupler calibration, drive voltage, microphone sensitivity and bandwidth, earphone positioning, sound leakage, and more. The variances range from 2-3 dB in the sub-bass region between 20 to 80 Hz, as much as 3 db between 2 to 5 kHz, as much as 4.5 dB between 5 to 8 kHz, as much as 6 dB between 8 to 10 kHz, in the range of 10 dB between 10 to 16 kHz, and very large variance between 16 to 20 dB.

FR_FALCON_PRO_Aggregate_2021-09-22.png

We started tabulating concordance of third-party measurements with the EST 112, where we took account of the major variances in measurements to determine the concordance of our own measurements with the rest of the field. We're hoping that, by collecting aggregate data points, we will be able to empower people to examine measurements in an ever more holistic manner.

This coming weekend, a number of people attending CanJam will be able listen to the FALCON PRO in person. Impressions will vary and inevitably run the gamut of opinion. We'll be collecting data on how well listeners find their subjective listening experience aligns with the measured data presented. While the experimental design and methodology will be different, this research will be a continuation of the efforts we began with the ZEN PRO, when we tested concordance of reviewer impressions with measured data (with reviewers having previously been blinded to this data).

Speaking of which, because we've received a few suggestions for doing so, what are peoples' opinions of our setting up a dedicated ECLIPSƎ model specific discussion thread? We realize each model in the ECLIPSƎ lineup has its own dedicated discussion thread, but they seem to be fragmented. Because this thread is still in its infancy, we could possibly petition the moderators to help us merge fragmented content on LUNA, ZEN, ZEN PRO, and FALCON PRO into a single discussion thread so that there's more continuity.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Sep 22, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #26 of 107
@cqtek
It seems that the FD5 is the closest rival.
Do you have it to do a comparison measurement?
Sorry, I don't have the FD5. But I see that colleagues have been quick to respond to you. Good.

Sep 22, 2021 at 5:51 AM Post #27 of 107
Man the more I hear about these the more interested I am. I'm still looking for a starfield upgrade.

The blessing 2 Dusk I received is very good but the vocals don't sound very good to me (unnatural and not forward enough), the bass is a little much and the treble is a little fatiguing when compared to my starfields. Sure the dusk is better but I still like my starfields more.

Im really stuck between getting these, the KATO, mangird tea, or oxygen. What are our thoughts so far on the falcon pro as a starfield upgrade, compared to the iems I've mentioned (apart from the KATO since nobody has them yet)?

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #28 of 107
In my experience dedicated threads are better focused on a specific product discussion and it is easier for the reader to follow.
A thread mixing all models together is more difficult for someone seeking specific information to search and read.
Yeah I understand the arguments for merging, I mean it probably sounds a lot nicer to have one thread with 100+ pages than fragmentation here and there. But also just as an example, ThieAudio Clairvoyance is my main IEM and I haven't opened that general "ThieAudio EST tribrid" thread for months because Clair is probably like the 4th most discussed driver there and I just don't feel like browsing through all that stuff. Hard to say which one is ideal, really :D

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:37 AM Post #29 of 107
My only experience till now is with the EST112 and I am very satisfied from sound and quality.
Let's see about the Falcon pro.
Just last night heard for the first time DUNU EST 112 ,(despite the fact that i bought those 3 months ago...) and was totally floored by these.......Tremendous sound.......

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #30 of 107
Just last night heard for the first time DUNU EST 112 ,(despite the fact that i bought those 3 months ago...) and was totally floored by these.......Tremendous sound.......
Yes indeed, as I wrote in my review!
Pretty remarkable, definitely above the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back