DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Jan 2, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #2,071 of 2,123
Hello,
I only wanted to mention that I have send the dunus back. I couldn't handle the treble. It was too bright, too sibilant and too painful for my ears. Additionally the comfort was bad.

What I really like was the bass and the clearity level.

Jan 2, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #2,072 of 2,123
  Hello,
I only wanted to mention that I have send the dunus back. I couldn't handle the treble. It was too bright, too sibilant and too painful for my ears. Additionally the comfort was bad.

What I really like was the bass and the clearity level.

I agree, especially about the bass and clarity. I've often considered selling mine in the past. I now use the ts-500 Comply tips and some of the hot top end is tamed down a bit, I now wouldn't even consider selling them. For the lower volume levels that I use they can't be beaten in these two areas by the other IEM's that I own, they seem to pick out so much of the detail in the music.

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:36 AM Post #2,075 of 2,123
So I got ie800s and I just keep coming back to my 2000j. It's more comfortable, sounds beautiful and comply tips don't bother my ear but I find the proprietary sennheiser tips to cause major pain, itching, and burning. Anyone else have both and can comment?

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #2,076 of 2,123
I have both. I like everything about the IE 800's better except that they fall out of my ears when I use them during physical activity. They just don't stick in your ears well and have a short cable. If I'm sitting still this isn't a problem and the IE 800's are possibly my favorite headphone to listen to. Even compared to over-ear headphones. The DN 2000j's are great for the gym imo because the cable is longer and the comply ear tips keep them from falling out of my ear canals. They're both great headphones, I'm just a huge fan of the IE 800 sound. 

Jan 14, 2017 at 3:43 PM Post #2,077 of 2,123
Still waiting on my replacement Dunu's - I shipped them there fast. It took them about 2 weeks to ship out either a new pair or some sort of replacement pair. They obviously did not use fast shipping - it's been 2 weeks since shipped and the tracking shows it's still in China. Oye Vay.

Feb 1, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #2,078 of 2,123
Well I got a replacement set of 2000J's. This process took over a month by far, and that's with my shipping arriving there within a few days.

They came in a Dunu stamped cardboard box. Inside the box was some packing material and the headphones in a coil. Everything works. I have no idea if I got a replacement pair, a new pair without packaging or my pair repaired. But as long as they work it's ok.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #2,079 of 2,123
  Well I got a replacement set of 2000J's. This process took over a month by far, and that's with my shipping arriving there within a few days.

They came in a Dunu stamped cardboard box. Inside the box was some packing material and the headphones in a coil. Everything works. I have no idea if I got a replacement pair, a new pair without packaging or my pair repaired. But as long as they work it's ok.

What was broken and how much was the repair cost? I think mine might need to be repaired.

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #2,080 of 2,123
Hello, almost a year after buying the Dunu, I have to say that I can not be happier.
I wear the bass ring and I love the sound.
I will never sell them.
But I want to try other sensations ...
I'm between a westone or shure, but I would not like to change the sound signature a lot ...
Which do you recommend guys ??

regards

Mar 11, 2017 at 4:39 AM Post #2,081 of 2,123
  Hello, almost a year after buying the Dunu, I have to say that I can not be happier.
I wear the bass ring and I love the sound.
I will never sell them.
But I want to try other sensations ...
I'm between a westone or shure, but I would not like to change the sound signature a lot ...
Which do you recommend guys ??

regards

Nothing else I've tried sounds quite the same as the 2000J, certainly not from the Westone or Shure range anyway.

My latest favorites are the iBasso IT03, worth a listen if you can find them to try. They have the Bass of the 2000J and a lot of the detail too, probably because they share the same dynamic with 2 BA design (not the same drivers though obviously)

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #2,082 of 2,123
Thanks SteveOliver I'll try

Regards

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #2,083 of 2,123
My Dunu isn't producing sound on the right side on and off due to cable bends near housing. My bad. Too harsh wear and tear everyday for 2 years. Drivers are fine on both sides, though.

1. Has anyone tried re-cabling with any upgrade cable? Safe enough a procedure?

2. Any inexpensive company that can do re-cabling for under $75?

3. Which connector might be the best option considering the small size of the housing? 2-pin or MMCX? Or, fixed cable?

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #2,084 of 2,123
My Dunu isn't producing sound on the right side on and off due to cable bends near housing. My bad. Too harsh wear and tear everyday for 2 years. Drivers are fine on both sides, though.

1. Has anyone tried re-cabling with any upgrade cable? Safe enough a procedure?

2. Any inexpensive company that can do re-cabling for under $75?

3. Which connector might be the best option considering the small size of the housing? 2-pin or MMCX? Or, fixed cable?

Don't know if it's possible but you might try asking @PETEREK, not sure what he'd charge but if you can supply a cable yourself that might bring the price down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back