DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Dec 2, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #2,056 of 2,123
So a friend agreed to lend me his DN-2000J and I really liked it. I prefer bright earphones and unfortunately most of them are too analytical, but the DN-2000J gets the balance right for me between being detailed and still quite exciting (especially with the ring to increase the sub-bass). The only thing that makes me reluctant to buy them is the isolation for me is not very good. It was fine at home, but as soon as I got anywhere near traffic... So I guess my questions are:

1) Has anyone bought custom tips for their DN-2000J and if yes how are you finding them? 

2) If custom tips are not possible, is there anything out there with a similar sound to the DN-2000J, but with better isolation?

Thanks.

Dec 2, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #2,057 of 2,123
So a friend agreed to lend me his DN-2000J and I really liked it. I prefer bright earphones and unfortunately most of them are too analytical, but the DN-2000J gets the balance right for me between being detailed and still quite exciting (especially with the ring to increase the sub-bass). The only thing that makes me reluctant to buy them is the isolation for me is not very good. It was fine at home, but as soon as I got anywhere near traffic... So I guess my questions are:

1) Has anyone bought custom tips for their DN-2000J and if yes how are you finding them? 

2) If custom tips are not possible, is there anything out there with a similar sound to the DN-2000J, but with better isolation?

Thanks.
echobox finder x1

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #2,058 of 2,123

Thanks.

SpiralDots did the magic for me. Great isolation and perfect fit. Bass rings add more balance to the otherwise a bit bright IEMs that these are.

Dec 2, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #2,059 of 2,123
Dec 2, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2,060 of 2,123
  Brooko had recommended these initially, but the Sony brand isolation hybrid tips did the trick for me (in large):

https://smile.amazon.com/Noise-Isolation-Piece-Ep-exn50m-Imports/dp/B005OT3O5A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480715152&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+hybrid+tips

I tried SpinFits and a few others...nothing but the Sonys give me the seal I needed to really make these shine.  The perceived bass in particular went way up once I had that "Sony seal".

You can get something similar - but much cheaper from Trinity.  Their Kombi tips - https://trinity-audio-engineering.myshopify.com/products/trinity-kombi-tips

More info here : http://www.head-fi.org/t/816318/trinity-kombi-tips

Dec 3, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,061 of 2,123
I have been using Comply tips since I've got 2000j.
I tried using regular ones recently and sound was great when listened on lower volumes.
A few days ago, I've tried bass rings for the first time and I just don't like them. Bass quantity is not as high as I've expected, everything sounds less clear and what is worst, I really have problem with pressure in my ears (I even have to open my mouth sometimes as it is just unbearable). So, am I doing something wrong, or bass rings are just not for me?

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #2,062 of 2,123
Hi, I'm trying to tip the Meze 11 Neo and fit perfectly.

Every day I like my DN2KJ more ... I think he will stay with me forever, I have sworn eternal love. 
normal_smile .gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TC1QXK--qI

Dec 15, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #2,064 of 2,123
Hello,
I'm quite interessted in the Dunus but there are still some concerns which keep me from buying them.

I own the Xiaomi Pistons 2 InEars and the comfort is not overly good. For longer listening sessions I want something with better comfort. How do you rank the fit of the Dunus with regards to the Pistons?

The second problem is I often read that they are rather analytical and bad recordings will not sound good. As over ears I own the Soundmagic hp 150 and the B&O Beoplay H6 first gen. At least the Soundmagic is also a bit analytical but it's still forgiving enough to enjoy my music. I hear faster and harder modern rock, hip hop (alot 90's rap) and EDM. These genres are not known for high quality sound or in other words far away from audiophile music. Do you think the music will become too aweful for hearing pleasure? I own studio monitors too and everything is okay when I hear with them.

Last question: I really like the Soundmagic and the B&O. Do you think their sound signature is similar to the Dunus?

Thx in advanced.

Sry for my bad english skills

Dec 15, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #2,065 of 2,123
No worries- of all my wired iems- xba z5, ie800, and 2000j, the 2000j gets the most play. The detail and soundstage are excellent and the bass is impactful and articulate. I look forward to listening to music on these. I listen to 80s and 90s alternative, industrial, trip hop, and newer alt rock too. These handle everything very well. Floyd, u2, the Cure, as well as Skinny Puppy and Ministry all sound great. It pairs well with a warm amp or iaudiogate. Even the fiio e6 makes these sing. However I just got the dragonfly red and holy crap do I love the combo iPhone-Iaudiogate-dragonfly-dunu. Just my two cents and they are super comfy but I also use comply isolation.

Dec 16, 2016 at 6:07 AM Post #2,067 of 2,123
No worries- of all my wired iems- xba z5, ie800, and 2000j, the 2000j gets the most play. The detail and soundstage are excellent and the bass is impactful and articulate. I look forward to listening to music on these. I listen to 80s and 90s alternative, industrial, trip hop, and newer alt rock too. These handle everything very well. Floyd, u2, the Cure, as well as Skinny Puppy and Ministry all sound great. It pairs well with a warm amp or iaudiogate. Even the fiio e6 makes these sing. However I just got the dragonfly red and holy crap do I love the combo iPhone-Iaudiogate-dragonfly-dunu. Just my two cents and they are super comfy but I also use comply isolation.

Sounds good to me.

My mobil set up includes a Fiio X1 and a Topping Nx1 amp. I have a black Dragonfly which is my standard computer soundcard. I really like the dragonfly and I thought about to add it to my mobile set up but I'm not sure if I get an additional benefit when I substitute the Topping.

Do the complies you are refering to are part of the Dunu package?

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #2,070 of 2,123
Brooko had recommended these initially, but the Sony brand isolation hybrid tips did the trick for me (in large):

https://smile.amazon.com/Noise-Isolation-Piece-Ep-exn50m-Imports/dp/B005OT3O5A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1480715152&sr=8-3&keywords=sony+hybrid+tips

I tried SpinFits and a few others...nothing but the Sonys give me the seal I needed to really make these shine.  The perceived bass in particular went way up once I had that "Sony seal".

Thanks. I bought it and will try with my dn2000j

Users who are viewing this thread

Back