DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Apr 24, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #2,087 of 2,123
I read that the low impedance on these will make it picky for source. Will they sound great out of an S7 playing Spotify extreme quality files?

Aug 31, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #2,088 of 2,123
I am pretty new to the world of high end headphones. Up until recently I listened to music using both Sennheiser Momentum's and Bose Triport IE. I decided I wanted to get an IEM that sounded high end where I could really get a wow factor from listening. I came to Head-Fi to read the reviews on good IEM's and kept hearing the name Dunu mentioned and so I eventually found my way to this particular thread. The end result of all my research is that I took the plunge and purchased the DN2000J. I have now had them a week and I have kept a note of what happened on my journey from first try out of the box to post 100 plus hours of burn in. I would be happy to post up 'my journey' if it would be useful to anyone considering buying these headphones especially if they are new to better quality gear like me. It would be in layman terms I'm afraid as I am not yet up to speed on the specific jargon as I am quite a n00b to the audiophile world, but I hoping to learn a lot here.

I wanted to thank this site and all those on this thread for bringing the DN2KJ to my attention!

Nov 6, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #2,090 of 2,123
Hi, I'm looking for compatible spinfit tips for my dunu 2kj, some link?

Thanks!!

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:39 PM Post #2,092 of 2,123
You should check out the JVC Spiral for these to. They are my go to for all of my IEMs.
I second this. The JVC Spiral Dots are the crap, especially for the Dunu 2kj. They make them sound as open and detailed as possible. The Spinfits sound much duller and closed in, but if the highs of the Dunu's bother you, it might be a better option for you.

Nov 12, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #2,093 of 2,123
I second this. The JVC Spiral Dots are the ****, especially for the Dunu 2kj. They make them sound as open and detailed as possible. The Spinfits sound much duller and closed in, but if the highs of the Dunu's bother you, it might be a better option for you.
I use the white bass ring than the red ring with the spirals and they are perfect, some occasional driver flex though.

Nov 16, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #2,094 of 2,123
You should check out the JVC Spiral for these to. They are my go to for all of my IEMs.

I second this. The JVC Spiral Dots are the ****, especially for the Dunu 2kj. They make them sound as open and detailed as possible. The Spinfits sound much duller and closed in, but if the highs of the Dunu's bother you, it might be a better option for you.

I use the white bass ring than the red ring with the spirals and they are perfect, some occasional driver flex though.

Thanks for your comments, I will try to try the JVC tips

Dec 11, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #2,096 of 2,123
I just realized that the left metallic wax guard is missing from the nozzle. I understand better why in this review https://www.google.fr/amp/s/cymbaca...-2000j-changed-my-mind-about-hybrid-iems/amp/
it is said this part is very fragile.
Now my earphone look like on the picture below
10040684.png

I decided to use comply with protection grid cause I don't want the driver to be damaged

Attachments

• Capture+_2017-12-11-19-19-45.png
    Capture+_2017-12-11-19-19-45.png
    437.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:59 AM Post #2,100 of 2,123
OK thanks, I'm going to stick to using the tips with the wax filter a leave the metal gauze off, less obstructions between my eardrums and the sublime sound these are capable of producing. :)
I got a response from Dunu. They offered me to send the spare parts of mesh grill for free but delivery costs 10$ otherwise they offer me to repair the earphone for free but sending it to China would cost 50$. So as you I will stick with my earphone without the mesh grill. I don't know if I will take out the grill from the other side to be symmetrical
DUNU offer a good support service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back