DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Aug 1, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #1,966 of 2,123
It is the different as in the treble losses peakiness and becomes more clean and sound becomes more coherent☺

That's not how dampers work.  The treble would become even more present without the damper.

Aug 3, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #1,969 of 2,123
I just got these,i honestly don't understand what the talks about treble is all about, is it possible they've retouched it for these later editions?:thinking:
This is an incredible iem, in my case no need to even try any other tips or rings etc..

Certain treble frequencies are elevated. No doubt about it, and it's very clear when compared to a neutral IEM as for example Etymotics' ER4-SR/XR. This is IMO what makes the 2KJ über resolving and über detailed. The only thing I've heard coming close is the AKG K3003 with "High Boost" filters.

My theory to why opinions differs so much about the 2KJ's treble is mostly about listening volume. To loud with the wrong mastering and it can certainly become piercing, but give it the right recording and the right volume and it shines like nothing else I've heard. It's a just masterpiece.

Aug 3, 2016 at 7:38 PM Post #1,970 of 2,123
Certain treble frequencies are elevated. No doubt about it, and it's very clear when compared to a neutral IEM as for example Etymotics' ER4-SR/XR. This is IMO what makes the 2KJ über resolving and über detailed. The only thing I've heard coming close is the AKG K3003 with "High Boost" filters.

My theory to why opinions differs so much about the 2KJ's treble is mostly about listening volume. To loud with the wrong mastering and it can certainly become piercing, but give it the right recording and the right volume and it shines like nothing else I've heard. It's a just masterpiece.

Yes, i agree, its got something that's involving and sweet about the sound, starting with the bass,going to the treble, yes it can be clicky hot on some tracks played loud, but it does indeed work great on good masters.i expected much worse after reading about it, even when its a bit much it's not the kind that i would consider badly tuned, just very revealing, not unpleasant in any way imo.
I compared many iems today inc. Andromeda,ety er4 xr(which are incredible!),846,Solar,Adel12,grado GR10e etc..2KJ keep up with the most expensive of the lot and make me wanna keep listening, i just wonder how good are the newer DN2002,if bass is same, but treble a bit less it might be perfect:thinking:
Or wait for the next one.. meanwhile these are so much fun:beers::blush:

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,971 of 2,123
I remember being totally blown away by the resolution of this! I remember most dunus having a sweet sound as well.
For the those who currently own Er4 XR, how do they compare?  I think the Titan 3 is probably the closest Mid-Centric Dunu I've ever heard (haven't heard the Dn900)

I truly appreciate the resolution creating amazing timbre with classical guitar strings and tabla percussions... Appreciate the comparisons...AND HAPPY LISTENING YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!!! GRRRRRR

Sep 5, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #1,976 of 2,123
  Can someone compare the sound of these to the sound of the ER-4PT? Someone offered their er-4pt for my 2000j and I want to know if its a good trade or not.

fantastic trade. er4pt is more flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back