Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Apr 14, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #2,416 of 2,536
That would be me.  My old system was using an SPL meter - not exactly accurate, but good enough for when i first started reviewing.

Here's the IEMs through a proper coupler.  The data is raw and measures a little low above 4-5 kHz but it will show relative differences.

HiFiChris has a rig which will give calibrated responses if you need them.

The 2000 and 1000 are both pretty smooth and clean - and I've never had an issue with uneven treble

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #2,417 of 2,536

Here's the IEMs through a proper coupler.  The data is raw and measures a little low above 4-5 kHz but it will show relative differences.

wow, thank you
can you tell me about your gear? i would like to have a set up like that and be able to run my own spectrum analysis 

Apr 14, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #2,418 of 2,536
  wow, thank you
can you tell me about your gear? i would like to have a set up like that and be able to run my own spectrum analysis 

This should get you started - http://www.head-fi.org/t/796996/chapter-2-anatomy-of-a-review-the-equipment

Feel free to ask any questions there, and I'll answer what I can.

Apr 14, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #2,419 of 2,536

thank you, the reason i brought up IEM testing was that , in the warranty card of my DN1000, under 3.c , 'Voice Coil is not included in warranty'
i am abit concerned that there is such a clause in the warranty statement...  arent the voice coils the whole point of buying these things? its not like i bought them to look at them or something ... 
this does make me suspect that maybe they were already expecting inconsistencies in their manufacturing, like unbalanced left/right drivers or other manufacturing faults

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #2,420 of 2,536
I've never heard of any faults so far. Unless you have data I don't - are you reading too much into it?  And Dunu have always been amazingly good with their service.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #2,421 of 2,536
I'm about to give up on these headphones.

I have tried every way possible to find a good fit. With and without the spacers. The spacers do improve things a bit, but my ears still hurt after a while of using them.

I'm wondering if getting some other eartips will help. Like the FX8 by JVC or something.

I still want to see how I can make them work for me, I REALLY like how they sound! If not, then would anyone recommend anything else besides this, that has a similar sound? If I can't get anything, I'll go back to the Yamaha EPH-100, those are the MOST comfortable IEMs I've ever used. But I like the trebles on the DN-1000s a little more.
I'll have to settle.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #2,422 of 2,536

I have tried every way possible to find a good fit. With and without the spacers. The spacers do improve things a bit, but my ears still hurt after a while of using them.

I'm wondering if getting some other eartips will help. Like the FX8 by JVC or something.

I had this problem too. Nothing seemed to fit, I ended up using Spin-fit eartips, they were only tips that managed to secure a fit for me. However, the large casings don't exactly help.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #2,423 of 2,536
  I had this problem too. Nothing seemed to fit, I ended up using Spin-fit eartips, they were only tips that managed to secure a fit for me. However, the large casings don't exactly help.

Yep. The Yamaha EPH-100s are the MOST COMFORTABLE IEMs I've used in my life. I sometimes forgot they were even there! I lost them though, and I was looking to replace them, since I didn't like the trebles on them that much.

But we'll see what people say on this thread. If anything, I'll sell these and go back to the Yamahas.

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #2,424 of 2,536

Yep. The Yamaha EPH-100s are the MOST COMFORTABLE IEMs I've used in my life. I sometimes forgot they were even there! I lost them though, and I was looking to replace them, since I didn't like the trebles on them that much.

But we'll see what people say on this thread. If anything, I'll sell these and go back to the Yamahas.

try over ear the dn1000

Apr 15, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #2,425 of 2,536

I'm actually about to pass them off to fund my next CIEMs to negate the comfortable factor. 
I have had to send the DN-1000s back to DUNU twice now. Once for cable issues and the second for driver issues. I do admit that their customer service has been pretty prompt in their service but these happened in the space of 2 months. 

Best of the luck with it! Honestly, these 1000s have been magical while they worked. Give Spin-fit a check.

Apr 15, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #2,426 of 2,536

I'm actually about to pass them off to fund my next CIEMs to negate the comfortable factor. 
I have had to send the DN-1000s back to DUNU twice now. Once for cable issues and the second for driver issues. I do admit that their customer service has been pretty prompt in their service but these happened in the space of 2 months. 

Best of the luck with it! Honestly, these 1000s have been magical while they worked. Give Spin-fit a check.

reshell dn1000

Apr 15, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #2,428 of 2,536

I still want to see how I can make them work for me, I REALLY like how they sound! If not, then would anyone recommend anything else besides this, that has a similar sound? If I can't get anything, I'll go back to the Yamaha EPH-100, those are the MOST comfortable IEMs I've ever used. But I like the trebles on the DN-1000s a little more.
I'll have to settle.

I use JVC FX9M. It doesn't give any better fit than the foam coming with the Dunu. Tolerable, but not much better. I might need to get the smaller size with the JVC but the currency was skyrocket high by that time so i just make do with FX9M.

Apr 21, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #2,430 of 2,536
Got the service done by DUNU company at China told them about the cable issue which was prevalent and I don't know whether they had it fixed or my dunus not affected by it, costed me much for the tracked shipping. The repair is done now, shipped too will take a 15 day time now...

Will post once updated and iirc the reshelling of DUNUs is hard because the dynamic driver can break upon opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back