Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 3, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #1,622 of 2,536

Glad you're enjoying them and just in time. I've sold my Dunu DN-1000 yesterday. No, not because I don't like them but because I have simply upgraded to another hybrid, my time with DN-1000 was wonderful, I don't think (besides Havi B3 PRO1) you will find another iem with such a grand soundstage. 

I hereby hand over all future Dunu DN-1000 questions to member mullos.

May the force be with you mullos. 
beerchug.gif

u replaced the dunus with t-peos 300?

Oct 3, 2014 at 12:45 AM Post #1,623 of 2,536
  u replaced the dunus with t-peos 300?

I've actually owned H-300 for a while, they're definitely keepers for my preferences. The hybrid I upgraded to is Fidue A83.  The Fidue is more an upgrade over my top shelf Rhapsodio RDB Mini hybrid than Dunu DN-1000. A83 basically leaps frogs straight past DN-1000 rearing its head in a much higher playing field. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/725161/fidue-a83-impressions-and-discussion-thread

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #1,626 of 2,536
Still waiting for my pair to arrive.. After all this rave I just couldn't pass up, despite the dn2k already out. I just wasn't sure dn2k is worth the money.

Anyways, I'm coming from the e-q5 and I really enjoyed them. Yes, those are kinda bright, but I seem to have used to it.

Wonder if dnk are gonna be an upgrade to me.. I certainly hope so.

Oct 6, 2014 at 8:41 PM Post #1,627 of 2,536
  Still waiting for my pair to arrive.. After all this rave I just couldn't pass up, despite the dn2k already out. I just wasn't sure dn2k is worth the money.

Anyways, I'm coming from the e-q5 and I really enjoyed them. Yes, those are kinda bright, but I seem to have used to it.

Wonder if dnk are gonna be an upgrade to me.. I certainly hope so.

Please let us know how they compare. I have always wondered about the e-q5.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #1,628 of 2,536
Been auditioning them for the better part of the day, they are indeed balanced (in a sense that I don't feel like EQing) and nice sounding IEMs.

Now compared to the e-q5 these I consider a nice sidegrade. I'll list some differences that I perceive between them. Keep in mind the different sound preferences we all have.

e-q5:
         Quicker, tighter and more textured bass
         Vocals (both male and female) sound more lush and refined
         Brighter, less smoothed sound in all frequencies

DN-1000
        Fuller, more effortless sound (if that makes any sense)
        More spacious soundstage
        More bass presence and impact

Both these are keepers for me.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #1,629 of 2,536
what's the best upgrade from the DUNU 1000? looking for a drastic jump in SQ (tight bass especially). From what I've read the DUNU 2000 may not be a big upgrade, and people have said the bass is better in the dunu 1000. I'm curious which IEMS are the certain upgrade people agree on with value in mind ?

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #1,630 of 2,536
  Been auditioning them for the better part of the day, they are indeed balanced (in a sense that I don't feel like EQing) and nice sounding IEMs.

Now compared to the e-q5 these I consider a nice sidegrade. I'll list some differences that I perceive between them. Keep in mind the different sound preferences we all have.

e-q5:
         Quicker, tighter and more textured bass
         Vocals (both male and female) sound more lush and refined
         Brighter, less smoothed sound in all frequencies

DN-1000
        Fuller, more effortless sound (if that makes any sense)
        More spacious soundstage
        More bass presence and impact

Both these are keepers for me.

Thanks Aire. I appreciate the comparison. Hope you enjoy them.

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #1,631 of 2,536
  what's the best upgrade from the DUNU 1000? looking for a drastic jump in SQ (tight bass especially). From what I've read the DUNU 2000 may not be a big upgrade, and people have said the bass is better in the dunu 1000. I'm curious which IEMS are the certain upgrade people agree on with value in mind ?

Not sure if you will find much that is a drastic jump in SQ.  Especially if you are trying to keep value in mind which is often subjective.  Even the customs that I own would not be a drastic upgrade. Though others may have a different opinion.  Tralucent 1p2 is great according to many but I would not consider it a value option. Just my thoughts.

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #1,632 of 2,536
Would pay to also mention what you're expecting from such an upgrade.

If you're looking for clarity - but better balance, and better bass quality - along with much better build - then the Fidue A83 would be my recommendation.  I've reviewed both.

Oct 15, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,633 of 2,536
I'm hoping they compare to the monster turbine copper pros in quality since that is what I'll be replacing. I had a pair of those but my dog managed to dig them out of my bag and shred them (forgiveness will take a looong time). I loved those earbuds but I won't miss monsters customer support.

Oct 15, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,635 of 2,536
  I'm hoping they compare to the monster turbine copper pros in quality since that is what I'll be replacing. I had a pair of those but my dog managed to dig them out of my bag and shred them (forgiveness will take a looong time). I loved those earbuds but I won't miss monsters customer suppor.

You can be confident that the Dunu's sound better than the pro Coppers in every way. Very smooth presentation with punchy bass when the track calls for it and sparkly highs. The mids presentation is superb. I found the monster foam tips to be better than the ones suppied with the Dunu's.  As far as build quality goes the Monster's are slightly stronger in that department but the Dunu's are not that far behind. Treat them with respect and I don't see you having any issues. BTW I found that the red and blue tips from the Dunu's fit the Pro Coppers and don't sound too bad at all. Go figure.

I say go for it. Your ears will love you and the smile on your face will let you know you made the right decision. I love mine. 
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back