Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,486 of 2,536

The truth is they're both good earphones, however, it's hard to ignore Altone's price to performance ratio / cheaper price. I own both, but I can tell you Altone will pull away in clarity and detail, with a thinner note weight, you'll also have $50 left in your wallet roughly. On the flip side the Dunu has more soundstage width and bigger headstage more akin (or at least the closer ) to a full size headphone. If you want more bass Dunu has that, if you want faster bass Altone has that. Altone's smaller, possibly the smallest 3 - Way hybrid on the market winning in comfort and fit but the Dunu comes with more accessories and better carry case + pouch.  To make it simple I lean for Altone because it has the most 'wow factor'  sounding the cleanest and clearest, though Ill always will have a soft spot for DN-1000.

tldr: Get the Altone imo.

Thanks for ur recommendation, im still really torn between the two, coz i prefer a wider soundstage and with at least average thump in my bass, but i prefer the lightweightness, speed and price of the altone...

I will have to sleep over this tonight, who knows, my decision might come to me in a dream. =P

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #1,488 of 2,536
I'm in the same exact boat !!!
I need a good EIM for the Fiio X3 without braking the bank, I do not know what to do, not having the possibility to try them.. it sucks.

Unfortunately, you just have to take a chance and order one, preferably from store with a generous return policy. I've listened to the DN-K quite a bit, and have read up on the altone, and you can't really go wrong with either. I'm glad that my DN-K is more bass prominent bc for me that means more versatility. If bass isn't terribly important to you and your music, the suggestion of saving $50 is quite a valid one. Ultimately, just do the research and hope for the best.

Jul 31, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #1,489 of 2,536
  Mmm I was tinking to buy one of these, but if the cable is easy to break and there is no way to replace the cable.

Just for the record, I broke the Dunu through a careless act.  I dropped a heavy item with them in my hand, they got tangles and came apart.  I do not think they are less well made than any other IEM of their type. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #1,490 of 2,536
Got the old beasts back out today.

Sound very good with this combination,

I know it's a fair amount of money though DN-1000 and Tralucent T1 were made for each other. No matter which source I use, DX50, Studio V, Aune T1 line out, C3, put the Dunu with Tralucent T1 it remains a pairing I still stand makes DN-2000 not worth the upgrade.

They simply bring out the best of each other, like the amps timbre and slight colouration, the earphones gain this really crisp clear resolution to them and the soundstage, w.i.d.e.

Aug 5, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,492 of 2,536
I bought my dunu's from mayu-cn on ebay. They don't seem fake to me. Also that seller cares a lot about his reputation because they ask u to fill out a positive feedback report, so I doubt they would risk it by selling fake products.

Aug 6, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,494 of 2,536
Hey Guys
There is any trustful seller form Ebay to purchase these ?
Are any other seller you could recommend ? 

Thanks !!

try this seller....ebay - bigbargainonline......trusted seller in our community.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=290958912285

you can buy thru their online retail as well....both are run by same owner.

http://penonaudio.com/brands/DUNU-All-Models/DUNU-DN-1000

Penonaudio offers a deal, like if you buy any gadget (no accessories) they include a $99 value IEM (not sure about its worth tho :frowning2: ) for $9.xx.... register there (free) and login to your accout will adjust the price of that penon IEM to 9.xx when you add it to cart/basket....

Or you can try @lmue....link below.they are also legit.

http://www.lendmeurears.com/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=19&products_id=82

and one more.....mp4nation.

http://www.mp4nation.net/dunu-dn-1000-hybrid-balanced-armature-dynamic-iem-earphones

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #1,495 of 2,536
  Just received mine from mp4nation, tried various fits and found the best for me (red ring plus biflange medium), listened to some flac files on my Ibasso dx50. (just one hour). I'm sorry to say this, but i'm slightly disappointed. Probably i was too much hyped, due to the many positive reviews on the web, but i found them good, nothing more. I bought them expecially for the "beautiful bass" everybody speaks about, but i didn't notice a big improvement compared, for example, to my cheaper Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition. They sound more or less the same, just a bit more bright and defined, but for now i found very little that justifies the superior price. However, these are only my first impressions, i'll try new fits to verify if sound improves, but i don't think that it can change much. Sorry for the harsh review and language, i'm not english, i hope i'm understandable :)

Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could provide a more detailed comparison of the Dunu DN-1000 with the VSonic GR02 BE (Bass Edition). I'm specifically looking to hear opinions on how the bass compares in both IEMs, especially by anyone that has owned/owns (or has at least listened) to both. Finding someone that has owned both is pretty rare it seems, so I a bit shocked at reading the above opinion by Megane. I was expecting that when you're paying almost 10X more for the DN-1000, there would be a larger difference in sound. 

I was actually presently surprised by the GR02 BE and going with a dynamic IEM, I soon learned to value how much that I love hearing bass (especially mid & low khz). I have a pretty diverse music taste, but due to a lot of my music being in the category of R&B, Hip Hop, and EDM, I am really looking for something as an upgrade to GR02 BE with a similar bass response. I like to be able to "feel" the bass & rumble, but with clearer mids & highs - so if the DN-1000 can provide more of that, it would be fantastic.

Even if someone has a comparison with the GR07 BE, that might work as well, but from I gather the GR02 BE has more bass in comparison.

Thanks all,

~ Im2bz2p :)

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #1,497 of 2,536
Just one question (as a new DNK owner):

With the red spacing rings in place, there seems to be little nozzle left to which to attach the tips. The result is that the tips feel less than secure.

Has anyone had an eartip come off in their ear when removing them? I particularly dread ending up with one of those spacing rings stuck in my ear!

Can they be used without the spacing rings? This seems to be particularly appropriate when using the Comply T500s, as otherwise they attenuate the treble significantly (the tip acts as an extension of the nozzle, albeit in an absorbent material).

On the whole, what is the recommended combination of rings and tips for a neutral presentation with decent treble extension?

Aug 15, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #1,498 of 2,536
Just one question (as a new DNK owner):

With the red spacing rings in place, there seems to be little nozzle left to which to attach the tips. The result is that the tips feel less than secure.

Has anyone had an eartip come off in their ear when removing them? I particularly dread ending up with one of those spacing rings stuck in my ear!

Can they be used without the spacing rings? This seems to be particularly appropriate when using the Comply T500s, as otherwise they attenuate the treble significantly (the tip acts as an extension of the nozzle, albeit in an absorbent material).

On the whole, what is the recommended combination of rings and tips for a neutral presentation with decent treble extension?

Sure, you can use them without spacers, if the sound feels right. As for the tips coming off, try and break seal before you remove the IEM. I do this by holding the housing and pulling down lightly so you break seal and there's no suction when you pull them away.

If a tip gets stuck in your ear don't stress it, just relax and use a pair of tweezers. If on the go buy some matches and carefully hook the tip (carefully) I highly doubt many regulars here haven't had a tip come out in their ear before.

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #1,500 of 2,536
Pooh! My dunu developed a fault at the end of the wire near the housing. It plays softer on the left side now - have to place the wire a certain way to get the volume right. I own it for less than a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back