Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Feb 28, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #1,007 of 2,536
Who did you order from ghost ? My bank card hates PayPal and ebay. Looking for other sources

Mp4nation 
biggrin.gif

Mar 1, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #1,009 of 2,536
  Has anyone else received theirs or have had their orders updated? Mine still shows as preorder.

Don't worry. I'm not ordering from MP4Nation, but actually waiting for my replacement to be shipped. They don't work on weekends, so I'm sure by Sunday night we, who are still waiting for our orders to ship, will get an update.

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:13 PM Post #1,010 of 2,536
  You tried the small black pair too?

Ya, when I said small ear canals I meant very small so after cutting down the smalls I actually do get a great fit and that spacious sound is back.  Thanks for the suggestion, I just really wanted the silicon tips to work so I wouldn't have to keep replacing them. The foam tips are a little longer then the silicons as well which I think helps with the fit.

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:19 PM Post #1,016 of 2,536
Does anyone else constantly lose their seal with these IEMs? I'll admit, I've been lazy with trying new tips, but is it just me or does the heavy body constantly compromise the seal?

Mar 2, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #1,017 of 2,536
  Does anyone else constantly lose their seal with these IEMs? I'll admit, I've been lazy with trying new tips, but is it just me or does the heavy body constantly compromise the seal?

I had seal issues when I used the medium and small silicone tips. When I moved to the larges or used the foams, no more seal problems.

Mar 3, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #1,019 of 2,536
If you order dx50 + dn1000 you get them without pre order, so it seems they have some in stock left. I ordered them the dunu dn1000 pre order and I asked them last week why it is delayed, they promised me that they will ship me the next few days and they ship .so I think they ship me a little that they have left of the old stock.

Mar 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #1,020 of 2,536
Hi,

I'm coming from Nocs NS400 and am considering these to upgrade to, giving the former to my girlfriend. I'm not perfectly happy with the Nocs SQ having AKG Q701 (modded) as my everyday cans. I'm very intrigued by the triple drivers, dual BA & dynamic design of the Dunu DN-1000 as I've never heard one but have a good feeling about it. I reckon these would the best IEMs I could really buy, according to the mass test of IEMs. They seem to be the cheapest hybrid IEMs available, if they are available...

I have one concern though, fit. I have pretty small (picky) ears and I use the Nocs with middle sized silicone tips (included in the package). I couldn't use the small ones since they leave a corner of the housing exposed on my other ear and that becomes unbearably uncomfortable after a while. The Dunus look a little boxy as well so I'm wondering if I'm actually able to wear these... Could anyone measure the diameter of the housing next to the tip? The Nocs are 10mm and just about perfect size. A lot bigger or with sharp corners would be unwearable. I also mostly use IEMs for running so would like a comment on the weight and fit. Do they drop easily? Does wearing them over the ear solve this?

If all fails would Yamaha EPH-100 be a great pick? Or something else? They are tiny at least.

EDIT: Oh yes, I forgot to mention... Although I do have a headphone amp, its more suited for indoors listening (needs an external powersource). I would want the IEMs to work well with a phone only (upcoming Sony Xperia Z2). Would these still be worth it to get over the Yamahas for example?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back