Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Feb 22, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #961 of 2,536
Fiio x5 vs dx50 What better quality sound with DUNU DN1000?

Looks like you already own dn1k and planning to finalize on either x5 or dx50? There will be some minor trade off here and there for sure.........and both are excellent DAPs to pair with dn1k.

Feb 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #962 of 2,536
yeah because its a FUN sounding IEM when paired with sansa especily.......jk.
biggrin.gif
lol. RB it for more sound revealing by sansa.

Zip brings the low end out on DN-1000, I don't want rockbox, I don't think it would offer me anything, I owned a Clip with rocbox and personally heard more clarity on stock firmware. :p (I know the sound is'nt meant to change). In general I'm not a fan of Sansa, you would find many posts of me criticizing them, though this pairing with Dunu is nice. But! Most recently I've converted back to the Rocco BA, which settles the low end and takes the detail and separation further.

I think I might leave them together for a while. The air, soundstage and tonality makes for a great listening experience, I have $500+ IEM's sitting in draws beside me and lean for this pairing because they go well together, you get a mix of Rocco BA signature with DN-1000 which sounds really appealing. Probably just a phase though as anything audio related. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #963 of 2,536
I see....but this is my first im seeing that a sansa owner criticize it, for its price.but its ur personal opinion im not debating here.......btw nice picture and glad you obtained a rewarding pair from your inventory. And you need to update your sig about your rig soon?:wink:

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #964 of 2,536
I see....but this is my first im seeing that a sansa owner criticize it, for its price.but its ur personal opinion im not debating here.......btw nice picture and glad you obtained a rewarding pair from your inventory. And you need to update your sig about your rig soon?
wink.gif

Well, I used to be rather harsh on Sansa going back a while, there's quite a few posts imbedded around the portable source gear section though it's almost impossible to debate the value for money ratio and measurements of Clip/Zip are more or less a benchmark for other competitors. Since trying many other DAPs and using a Sansa on the go  (at all times outside ) I've settled on a more stable? opinion.

Ever since I went to the Zip actually. You do know there is a new Sansa model. 

Clip Zip 'Sport: http://www.head-fi.org/t/697524/clip-zip-sport-16gb

I will adjust my signature soon, just waiting on a cable for my RDB. Dare I say the Dunu has brought me much happiness, I can't remember any other purchase probably besides TF10 or H-200 that has been more satisfying. However on my Dunu the cable stiffening above the Y spilt is becoming bothersome, and I'm trying to find out a way I can present this online. My cable right in the middle between the Y spilt and housings is becoming stiff, like the rubber is going stale?

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #966 of 2,536
Hey,
I have been using my DN-1000 for around 2-3 months now and recently the ear tips tend to slip off and stuck in my ears when I try to take them off. When this first happened I was using the red spacers with the transparent tips, it was the left side that always slipped off in my ear. Then, I tried to change the tips to the black (reinforce ones?), they were good for a few days but the right side this time starts to slip off. Anyone have this problem? Or is it just me? I never had this kind of problem, I was using the same kind of black tips for a year on another IEM and never encounter this problem.

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:46 PM Post #967 of 2,536
  Hey,
I have been using my DN-1000 for around 2-3 months now and recently the ear tips tend to slip off and stuck in my ears when I try to take them off. When this first happened I was using the red spacers with the transparent tips, it was the left side that always slipped off in my ear. Then, I tried to change the tips to the black (reinforce ones?), they were good for a few days but the right side this time starts to slip off. Anyone have this problem? Or is it just me? I never had this kind of problem, I was using the same kind of black tips for a year on another IEM and never encounter this problem.

This problem can possibly be avoided with some simple changing in the way you remove the housing. What's pulling the tip off  is most likely suction. When you pull the housing out because the tips sealed suction trys pulling it away from the housing. Can you try pulling down first to break the seal instead of just pulling straight out?

I've also had thoughts of using some kind of light glue (something like glag, craft glue, glue stick) that is basically water based and in no way harmful, then applying a light coating around the nozzle so the tip has better grip.. Of course I haven't tried this yet as the first method I mentioned in the first paragraph has always worked. I do not take my Dunu outside, but if I did, I would be looking for some kind of glue to stick the tips on, not permanent just make them more stable. Again when I say this (not super glue) something less harsh and unharmful.

Something like this, non toxic, non harmful, just to get the nozzle a little more grab.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mont-Marte-PVA-Craft-Glue-Fine-Tip-250g-/301099477470?pt=AU_Art_Supplies&hash=item461aed69de&_uhb=1

Feb 23, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #968 of 2,536
Yea I try to pull them out carefully now but sometimes I just forgot especially when I had to take them off to talk to someone. The biggest problem with this is that the spacers on the DN-1000. I already lost 2 of the red spacers because of this problem, the spacers just fell as the tips stuck in my ears :frowning2: So does this happen to you too? I just never have this kind of problem before with any other IEMs, is it because of the spacers probably?

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #969 of 2,536
  Yea I try to pull them out carefully now but sometimes I just forgot especially when I had to take them off to talk to someone. The biggest problem with this is that the spacers on the DN-1000. I already lost 2 of the red spacers because of this problem, the spacers just fell as the tips stuck in my ears :frowning2: So does this happen to you too? I just never have this kind of problem before with any other IEMs, is it because of the spacers probably?

It happens because on most IEM the nozzle has a lip - this lip is slightly larger diameter than the nozzle which your tip grabs onto and secures it. Where as on the Dunu the nozzle is smooth / flush therefore tips can easily slide. If the DN-1000 nozzle had a lip the tuning spacers would not fit on first. Sometimes I wonder how effective the tuning rings are and possibly consider Dunu just choosing one tuning method and placing a lip on the nozzle instead of the tuning feature.

No, it doesn't happen to me and a few others as I've always adapt the same removal technic on all my IEM's. It's much safer to break the air tight seal by pulling down slightly first and get in that habit as you avoid driver flex and that terrible suction feel. I guess you could glue the rings on somehow, that would be up to you.

Surpisngly for the design they're pretty good for most buyers, we don't hear many problems.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #970 of 2,536
Have your tried down-sizing the tips? Maybe the tips are just too big that the seal is too much for what you just need. If you can still get a good seal with smaller tips, I think that'll be your solution.

And also, H20 is right about breaking the seal first. I ALWAYS break the seal first before pulling my IEMs out.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #971 of 2,536
I use medium tips with every IEM I have owned and I have tried all the tips DUNU supplied and the medium ones give me the best seal and sound, like noticeably differences in sound. Its weird to me because I was fine for 3 months and all of a sudden it happened. I thought one of the tip went loose after long use but the tip I am using right now is new, so its like my ears are the problem lol. As for the rings, I don't hear much differences between the red ones and the blue ones. However, I think the tips make a bigger differences,IMO the transparent tips gives a tighter bass than the black ones.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I just have to be more careful pulling them out now.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #972 of 2,536
You may also want to wipe the barrel clean. Sometimes our body oils/sweat do get in there especially when you use these IEMs outdoors. Wipe the inner core of your tips as well. Body oils may not be that obvious but they do cause problems such as tips slipping easily off the nozzles.

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #973 of 2,536
Haha I actually just did that. Thanks for all the suggestions, I never knew theres a specific technique of pulling IEMs out lol. I will try to remember ALWAYS break the seal first. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #974 of 2,536
  I use medium tips with every IEM I have owned and I have tried all the tips DUNU supplied and the medium ones give me the best seal and sound, like noticeably differences in sound. Its weird to me because I was fine for 3 months and all of a sudden it happened. I thought one of the tip went loose after long use but the tip I am using right now is new, so its like my ears are the problem lol. As for the rings, I don't hear much differences between the red ones and the blue ones. However, I think the tips make a bigger differences,IMO the transparent tips gives a tighter bass than the black ones.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I just have to be more careful pulling them out now.

100% agree. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back