Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Aug 28, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #2,462 of 2,536
I had these IEMs for two years and really enjoyed the (sub) bass presence and clarity they offered. 
Sadly, I left them on the plane and they were not returned to me.
I am now looking for a cheaper alternative with a similar sound signature. The best I have found is the Yamaha EPH-100. Is the small decrease in SQ noticeable between these two IEMs, with 320kpbs MP3 files as a maximum? 
@Thazzz: this is relevant for you too :)

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #2,463 of 2,536
I've used the EPH-100s for 2 years before switching to these Dunus. All I can say is that the Dunus are better in every way. Clarity/detail, bass, separation, etc. I'm trying to recall some way the EPHs were better but can't come up with anything. IMO the difference between the two is very noticeable and I could never go back. However the EPHs are about half the price so...

Aug 28, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #2,464 of 2,536
I've used the EPH-100s for 2 years before switching to these Dunus. All I can say is that the Dunus are better in every way. Clarity/detail, bass, separation, etc. I'm trying to recall some way the EPHs were better but can't come up with anything. IMO the difference between the two is very noticeable and I could never go back. However the EPHs are about half the price so...

That is exactly what I was afraid of hearing. I am now temporarily using my old Creative EP-630, they sound terrible! :p
I guess I will have to shell out the money for the DN1K's again.
Do you by chance have experience with the RHA T10 or T20 and, if so, how do they each compare to the DN1K in terms of clarity and sub bass?

Aug 29, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,465 of 2,536
Really sorry man, but I haven't used the T10s or 20s so I can't compare. However, I will add that I haven't used the EPH 100s in forever so my recollection might not be entirely correct. I would get a second opinion on the EPH 100s vs the DN1K before you shell out money for the Dunu. I'm 99% sure the Dunus are better in every way, but I could just be misremembering how the EPHs sounded...

Sep 8, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #2,467 of 2,536
Just tried the DN-1000 a few hours ago and was very charmed by the sound. It also fit very nicely in my ear very easily, which not all IEMs do for me.
I've been considering the XBA-A3 for a good long while now, and with the announcement of the XBA-N3, I was thinking of pulling the plug on an A3 if the local Sony stores offered a good clearance price. However, after trying the DN-1000, I'm second guessing this...
So, has anyone here tried/owned both the XBA-A3 and the DN-1000? What are the differences other than build and fit?
It's been pretty close to a year since I last demoed the A3, so my memory's pretty fuzzy on how it sounds and how it would compare to the DN-1000. All I can remember is they have a very similar overall U-shaped sound signature, but the A3 might've had more aggressive treble and a more expansive sound stage.

Oct 6, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #2,473 of 2,536
Just wanna voice my appreciation of these iems. Got off them off another Head-fier for half their RRP, and have accompanied me for the past year. They've survived 2 washes and still sound just as good. I love the sound signature, but just need to find the perfect tips for my ears.

Oct 6, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #2,474 of 2,536
I've had mine for over a year, use them for 3 to 5 hours almost every day and the cables are as good as new. I've had no problems with these at all. The only problem I have is that I've stopped listening to my other earphones because the Dunus sound so good.

Oct 17, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #2,475 of 2,536
where can I get my DUNU 1000 re-wired? the cables have stiffened and I haven't used them for many months now but I still love them.

I'm in USA and want to find a cheap good solution for new wires 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back