DUNU 4 Driver, 5 Driver new Hybrid earphone presentation on 2015 the 22nd Beijing International Hi-Fi Exhibition
Dec 3, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #151 of 692
  The DN-2002 is definitely the model that DUNU intends on releasing for people who want textured, deep, and impactful bass. I made some suggestions on improving the bass response (don't worry bassheads, I didn't tell them to reduce the quantity --- merely suggested they work on improving bass depth and texture) in October, and apparently, along with others' and the suggestions I made, they've made some improvements and the tuning is said to be 99.9% finished. But I haven't heard the revised versions.

Since you seem wired into the testing I wonder if you could tell if the new 4 and 5 diver models will be more neutral or are they still tuned for bassheads ?

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #152 of 692
  Since you seem wired into the testing I wonder if you could tell if the new 4 and 5 diver models will be more neutral or are they still tuned for bassheads ?

I only heard an extremely early version of the 4001, which is more neutrally-tuned, but that 4001 engineering prototype was a longgggg way from final --- the treble wasn't very well-done. Haven't heard the 3001.

Dec 3, 2015 at 10:12 PM Post #153 of 692

I only heard an extremely early version of the 4001, which is more neutrally-tuned, but that 4001 engineering prototype was a longgggg way from final --- the treble wasn't very well-done. Haven't heard the 3001.

IMO DN2000 was a nice approach to the 846/JH type of sound sig, while DN2000J was a nice approach to the K3003 sound sig. 
Hopefully this time they can do the VE6/EX1000/Mentor type of tuning. 

Fingers crossed :p

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #154 of 692

IMO DN2000 was a nice approach to the 846/JH type of sound sig, while DN2000J was a nice approach to the K3003 sound sig. 

What some people fail to understand is that all of the companies making iem's are starting with the same components. There are only two manufacturers of BA drivers. In order to get one of those companies to do custom work requires a massive order (think Shure). So that leaves Dunu down to the quality of their dynamic drivers, their crossover design and the shell design. Every company in the business is dealing with the same issues. It is the skill and the ears of those tuning these factors that determines the final product. Dunu has an advantage over some companies because of reduced labor cost and low taxation. Their actual material cost should not vary much from any other iem product. They want to sell volume they price their product competitively. Anybody really think it costs $1500-2000 to make an iem. There is 40-50% dealer margin built in plus the greed factor for the design company.

I have faith Dunu is just the type of company that can make a fine iem at a reasonable price. Really looking forward to see how this turns out.

Dec 4, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #155 of 692

What some people fail to understand is that all of the companies making iem's are starting with the same components. There are only two manufacturers of BA drivers. In order to get one of those companies to do custom work requires a massive order (think Shure). So that leaves Dunu down to the quality of their dynamic drivers, their crossover design and the shell design. Every company in the business is dealing with the same issues. It is the skill and the ears of those tuning these factors that determines the final product. Dunu has an advantage over some companies because of reduced labor cost and low taxation. Their actual material cost should not vary much from any other iem product. They want to sell volume they price their product competitively. Anybody really think it costs $1500-2000 to make an iem. There is 40-50% dealer margin built in plus the greed factor for the design company.

I have faith Dunu is just the type of company that can make a fine iem at a reasonable price. Really looking forward to see how this turns out.

I agree with your point. Just want to point out that JH and FitEar actually use their own BAs. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #156 of 692

I agree with your point. Just want to point out that JH and FitEar actually use their own BAs. 

Actually they don't. I don't know where you got your information but neither company is large enough to manufacture their own BA drivers. The cost for setting up such a facility and R&D required are far beyond their ability. I know your comment was well intentioned but if you do some research I am certain you will find that I am correct. They would have to invest millions of dollars to set up such a facility. Probably well beyond their capability. There are also patents involved.

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #157 of 692

Actually they don't. I don't know where you got your information but neither company is large enough to manufacture their own BA drivers. The cost for setting up such a facility and R&D required are far beyond their ability. I know your comment was well intentioned but if you do some research I am certain you will find that I am correct. They would have to invest millions of dollars to set up such a facility. Probably well beyond their capability. There are also patents involved.

I am not sure about FitEar, but I read from lots of places that JH has their drivers for JH13 16 / Sirens custom-made by BA manufacturer. So yes, they technically do not make drivers themselves, but they use drivers that meet Jerry's specification for a particular tuning or crossover network. 

Dec 4, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #158 of 692

I am not sure about FitEar, but I read from lots of places that JH has their drivers for JH13 16 / Sirens custom-made by BA manufacturer. So yes, they technically do not make drivers themselves, but they use drivers that meet Jerry's specification for a particular tuning or crossover network. 

You are getting closer to the truth. For example Knowles offers a wide variety of standard models and some options for buyers. To do custom designs would cost a great deal of money far beyond what these boutique companies can afford. I think you are taking marketing comments from JH as literal fact. They do certainly tune their product and they have a selection of BA drivers available from these manufacturers to put into their  own secret design. They still do not make their own BA's.  

Dec 7, 2015 at 5:44 AM Post #161 of 692
  Sony use their own BA and without crossover
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2012-sony

Sony is a thousand times bigger than companies like JH or Fitear. Sony has the money and the resources. As the article states it is a new effort for them to make their own BA drivers. I know nothing about Final Audio so I have no Idea if they are large enough to invest the tens of millions of dollars in making their own BA drivers

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #162 of 692
when is the new 5 hybrid out?

Dec 11, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #163 of 692
DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Dec 11, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #164 of 692
Before anyone asks, Chinese new year is Feb 8th and 9th 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back