Jun 10, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #18 of 51
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

That's a joke!!!!!!

Jun 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #19 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Creative Research Audio Professionals bring you our new AudioTurd(TM). But how can a turd improve your system's sound? We were skeptical too, so instead of giving any supporting evidence, we'll just tell you that it's a difference you have to hear for yourself! But listen carefully, because it's not about what's improved in the sound, it's about what's missing. Noise, interference, vibration, fuzz, static, buzz, hum, bad pop vocals, wow, flutter, aliens, distortion, and panhandlers will all be absent from your enhanced audio experience. Also missing will be $699 from your wallet, the exceptionally reasonable price for C.R.A.P's AudioTurd(TM). Get yours now, we've made a limited production run of 500 units, although we're "producing" more each day!

You took it and made it better.

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:10 PM Post #21 of 51
ah.. nice. That was pretty amusing.. thanks
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #22 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrikane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One ridiculously expensive doorknob!

I'm too poor to own a doorknob (pic).

I don't see the problem with this knob because it has C37 lacquer which should be good for resonance. But it's cheaper to make your own wooden case and treat it with the C37. The casing will not stop EMI but wrapping ERS Paper around the wooden case should work.

A metal case is bad for resonance but manufacturers use it to reduce EMI, then the manufacturers spend time in tuning the resonances and then they boost up the price 10 times higher.
Screwing the PCB into wood should work better than metal, treating the wood with C37 lacquer will make it even better. But the real question is, will there be a difference if you are already using vibration isolation feet to prevent the vibrations from entering the case.

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM Post #23 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm too poor to own a doorknob (pic).

Oh geez, I think that pic made my morning.
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #24 of 51
Jeez Patrick, you almost make snake-oil sound legit. Seriously if you channelled your unusual descriptive abilities into a business model, you could probably afford a gloden doorknob with all the money you made.

Jun 10, 2007 at 9:15 PM Post #25 of 51
Wow. That picture is priceless.

Jun 10, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #26 of 51
While I can't vouch for this knob
blink.gif
, I have used Reference Audio Mods to mod my SACD player. They do great work, and their mods for CD players are effective, and do in fact raise the level of your player considerably.

Jun 10, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #27 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elec /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Creative Research Audio Professionals bring you our new AudioTurd(TM). But how can a turd improve your system's sound? We were skeptical too, so instead of giving any supporting evidence, we'll just tell you that it's a difference you have to hear for yourself! But listen carefully, because it's not about what's improved in the sound, it's about what's missing. Noise, interference, vibration, fuzz, static, buzz,

Well, except for the buzzing of the flies it will attract....
icon10.gif

A_Sr.

Jun 10, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #28 of 51
...it's a piece of wood...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back