dudes, audiophiles =(
Jun 10, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #2 of 51
"The sound becomes much more open and free flowing with a nice improvement in resolution. Dynamics are better and overall naturalness is improved."

What!?!

"With the signature knobs micro vibrations from the C37 concept of wood, bronze and the lacquer itself compensate for the volume pots and provide (Good Vibrations) our ear/brain combination like to hear…way better sound!!"

Come on, now! That's just going too far.

Jun 10, 2007 at 10:01 AM Post #3 of 51
...i'm speechless

inconceivable! this is blasphemy!

Jun 10, 2007 at 10:16 AM Post #4 of 51
They look awesome.
But I can think of better ways spending $485.00...
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 10:24 AM Post #5 of 51
One ridiculously expensive doorknob!

Jun 10, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #7 of 51
Well, hearing is believing as we always say.

Can't believe I heard about "IT" on Head-Fi...lol
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #9 of 51
I know just the person who WILL buy that knob.

After spending $487,256 on his mains to place in an absolutely acoustically perfect spare-so-expense listening room with a $3,470 listening chair placed by tirelessly endless measurements to locate the perfect sweet spot, then playing the heavily researched ideal media to play on approximately $360,000 worth of source players and amps through $22,000 worth of speaker wires, and finding the sound to be not quite right....

Jun 10, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #10 of 51
Before one upgrades their volume knob due to 'bad vibrations', I think one should probably check their foundations and floorboards, soil density, motor vehicle traffic frequency, and the like. It seems like it would make sense...

Good Vibrations? Is that what the Beach Boys were talking about? How's the SQ on that song?
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2007 at 1:44 PM Post #11 of 51
I've seen that linked on Head-Fi before. It made me laugh just as hard this time as it did the first time. Thanks for that trip down memory lane. I would be shocked if they have sold more than 1 of those things. I think even people that have enough money to wipe their *** with $100 bills wouldn't even spend that kind of scratch on such a product. And if they did, they would be so ashamed that they would never admit it.

However I wouldn't be surprised if Patrick82 has replaced the knobs on all of his gear with those woodie knobs.

Jun 10, 2007 at 1:48 PM Post #12 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicomte /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good Vibrations? Is that what the Beach Boys were talking about? How's the SQ on that song?
biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure that the guitars and amps used to record that song used bakelite knobs, so obviously, the sound quality MUST be bad!

Jun 10, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #13 of 51
I have a new line of vibration proof knobs coming out soon, that will blow these out of the water. Molded from the finest stool, they come in three colors: brown, nuttycluster, and hangover black. Start saving now!

Jun 10, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a new line of vibration proof knobs coming out soon, that will blow these out of the water. Molded from the finest stool, they come in three colors: brown, nuttycluster, and hangover black. Start saving now!

Creative Research Audio Professionals bring you our new AudioTurd(TM). But how can a turd improve your system's sound? We were skeptical too, so instead of giving any supporting evidence, we'll just tell you that it's a difference you have to hear for yourself! But listen carefully, because it's not about what's improved in the sound, it's about what's missing. Noise, interference, vibration, fuzz, static, buzz, hum, bad pop vocals, wow, flutter, aliens, distortion, and panhandlers will all be absent from your enhanced audio experience. Also missing will be $699 from your wallet, the exceptionally reasonable price for C.R.A.P's AudioTurd(TM). Get yours now, we've made a limited production run of 500 units, although we're "producing" more each day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back