Dubstep
Apr 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #61 of 82
@Puzl I'm with you there, my first DubStep tune was a Liquid Stranger track and after that I got a Skream Discography, so I like the orignal UK stuff the best that being said I enjoy;

Skream
The Others
Bar 9
Xilent
Liquid Stranger [The older the better... his new stuff shall not be spoken of]
Coki
Benga
Digital Mystics
L-Wiz
Kryptic Minds
Pangea
 Dj N-Type

Apr 12, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #62 of 82
I prefer the more traditional Dubstep. To me it's kind of a dirty word because the only time I hear it is when someone is actually referring to BroStep. Ital Tek probably tops my list for dubstep.

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM Post #65 of 82

Quote:
The way i see it, there is original style UK dubstep from guys like Mala, Loefah, early Skream etc... massive sub bass slugs, extremely minimal, emphasis on space, roots in UK garage etc.. and then there's the horrific US-led chainsaw bass crap of people like Skrillex, Excision, Bar9, etc... it really, really hurts my ears and the whole "out filthing" idea is just really juvenile IMO. Dubstep is just following Jungle before it and it'll continue to branch out even further. 

I couldn't agree more. There's still a lot of good dubstep, though - Biome, DCult, Commodo, Lurka, Ben Verse, Tzr, Dom HZ, Seven, Mouch, Boot, SP:MC, LX One, TMSV, Mateba, Proxima, etc... are all doing good things.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #66 of 82
Just recently started listening to Goth-Trad. Very chill sound.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
May 8, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #68 of 82
Holy **** you guys have posted some nice works on here… whatever I haven’t checked out before I have listed and bookmarked to go through later but I just wanted to know if any of you guys know songs in this genre that fade from front to rear… I was chilling in the car listening to my days upon days of recently acquired dubstep and one of the songs took me by surprise the transitions were so crazy I just don’t know how to explain it but any help in tracking this down would be great thanks!!!

May 9, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #69 of 82
Quote:
Holy **** you guys have posted some nice works on here… whatever I haven’t checked out before I have listed and bookmarked to go through later but I just wanted to know if any of you guys know songs in this genre that fade from front to rear… I was chilling in the car listening to my days upon days of recently acquired dubstep and one of the songs took me by surprise the transitions were so crazy I just don’t know how to explain it but any help in tracking this down would be great thanks!!!

A lot of songs mess with fading. Could you be more specific? I have thousands of Dubstep songs, but there's no way I could pick out one from that description, hah.

May 9, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #70 of 82
Quote:

A lot of songs mess with fading. Could you be more specific? I have thousands of Dubstep songs, but there's no way I could pick out one from that description, hah.

Yea same here, when I first got into Dub Step with Liquid Stranger [still hate all of his new stuff] I basically went to Wikipidia and download discographies of every band they mentioned. I've since deleted a good bit of it, still though

I started listening to a Fokuz Records discography and there was some nice Dub Step in there.

And Magnetic Man, I'll have to look him up :3 post a song if you don't mind.

Jun 20, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #73 of 82
Listened to Zeds Dead, Zomboy & Chasing Shadows in hte past, but recently discovered Phaeleh, love the more relaxed sound.

From looking around in this thread there are a couple more artists I'll be looking in to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back