Dubstep
May 15, 2011 at 6:50 PM Post #3 of 82

Quote:
Let's have a dubthread... Who here likes Dubstep? What are your favourite dubstep artists, songs, compilation albums, etc, etc?
Please do NOT mention Skrillex.

Hi there. I don't normally listen to dubstep, but I had to check that guy out when you mentioned him, and from the entire album I only liked one song; "Kill Everybody". The rest are very average, but that one is kinda fun to listen to.

I've heard a lot about dubstep though, I'd like to find more of the stuff... preferably something good to see if I can get into it. Do you have any recommendations you could link me?

Thanks

May 15, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 82
Favorite Producers:

Benga
Skream
Hatcha
Burial (Untrue is pure perfection)
Boxcutter

DJ's

Skream (Watch the Ride is excellent)
Distance
Plastician
Kode9
Digital Mystics
Youngsta (dubstep all-stars)

Most of what I have are live sets.

favorite new tracks: "Innocence" by Nero.
"Cracks" by Freestylers is excellent as well.
"Gold Dust" by DJ Fresh

I dont know, but ive been feeling the vocals lately...

May 15, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 82
Been digging on Netsky and Nero as of late, as well as some Zeds Dead to get ready to see him next Friday.

May 16, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 82

Quote:
Shot yourself in the foot again by Example and Skream is bossss!

article-1023318-017076B500000578-578_468x286.jpg

May 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 82

Netsky isn't really DubStep...

Nero is boss though.

Nero
Flux Pavilion
Chasing Shadows
Bassnectar
Feed Me (Though  most of his stuff is ElectroHouse)
Dubba Jonny
Gemini (A little poppy, but still fun)
EPROM

Also...What's wrong with Skrillex? The high pitched vocal stuff he does is somewhat annoying, but the songs are high energy and fun to listen to. You can't just start a general thread and say not to mention someone in the genre...Bit unfair, IMO.

EDIT: Check out the Electronic music thread (here). You'll probably find quite a few things to your liking.

Quote:
Been digging on Netsky and Nero as of late, as well as some Zeds Dead to get ready to see him next Friday.

May 16, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #11 of 82
Some of my favorite artists:
Eskmo
Burial
Bar 9
EPROM (not really dubstep, more like glitch-hop with some dubsteppy elements)
Rusko
Caspa
PANTyRAiD (like EPROM in reverse, dubstep with glitch influences)
Sub Swara

May 17, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #12 of 82
Not sure if he's really considered dubstep, but The Widdler is pretty awesome imo.

Some more I like in case anyone is looking for new artists:
Arkist
Beats Antique
DFRNT
Eleven Tigers
Eskmo
iTAL tEK
Kode9 (particularly the album Black Sun)
Nit Grit
Phaeleh

Having said that... I don't listen to to dubstep listen very often, but those are the people I typically go to in my library when I'm in the mood for it.

May 17, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #13 of 82
Beats Antique is amazing. I'm not sure if I'd call most of it DubStep, but they have a few songs that definitely are. Saw them live at SXSW a few years back.

Quote:
Not sure if he's really considered dubstep, but The Widdler is pretty awesome imo.

Some more I like in case anyone is looking for new artists:
Arkist
Beats Antique
DFRNT
Eleven Tigers
Eskmo
iTAL tEK
Kode9 (particularly the album Black Sun)
Nit Grit
Phaeleh

Having said that... I don't listen to to dubstep listen very often, but those are the people I typically go to in my library when I'm in the mood for it.

May 17, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #14 of 82

Quote:
Beats Antique is amazing. I'm not sure if I'd call most of it DubStep, but they have a few songs that definitely are. Saw them live at SXSW a few years back.

Yeah, most of their stuff definitely isn't dubstep, but they have quite a few songs that are and everything else they have is good enough that they were worth mentioning anyway. I saw them at ACL last year and they were incredible. My girlfriend didn't really care for them, but I think thats mainly because she doesn't like that I find the belly dancer so hot.

May 17, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #15 of 82
I'm not a fan of their look either. The whole...steampunky-middle east kind of thing. Great live show, but I enjoyed the music more than the show.

Their music is excellent though (well, their ALBUMS...The little EPs and remixes haven't impressed me at all). I need to buy their first album on CD, actually. I like to have physical copies of my favorites.

Quote:

Yeah, most of their stuff definitely isn't dubstep, but they have quite a few songs that are and everything else they have is good enough that they were worth mentioning anyway. I saw them at ACL last year and they were incredible. My girlfriend didn't really care for them, but I think thats mainly because she doesn't like that I find the belly dancer so hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back