Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison! (Rectifer Tube Rolling thread)
Feb 4, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,006 of 2,671
Yeah. Actually they looked after me well. I was able to grab 14 before the price went up.

Actually I just spread the word to help you guys out. I knew it was something better than the other rectifiers I have tried (Mullard GZ32 and Fivre 5R4GY) in the first 5 minutes of listening.
Sending a spare over to Tony to evaluate and confirm what I was hearing got the ball rolling.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #1,008 of 2,671
Yeah. Actually they looked after me well. I was able to grab 14 before the price went up.

Actually I just spread the word to help you guys out. I knew it was something better than the other rectifiers I have tried (Mullard GZ32 and Fivre 5R4GY) in the first 5 minutes of listening.
Sending a spare over to Tony to evaluate and confirm what I was hearing got the ball rolling.

Good to hear. I was only kidding about a discount.

I ordered 4 more after the first one lived up to the buzz (bad choice of word for tubes :)), so thanks again for sharing the find. It's close, but I still prefer the 596 for most headphones though for the price of the 5Z4GY, it's a steal and should be in everyone's tube collection.

If I ran Woo Audio, I would seriously consider using the Brimar as the stock tube instead of the horrid rectifier they currently ship in new amps.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #1,009 of 2,671

I have 16 of the buggers. That's not obsessive, is it?
confused_face.gif

Absolutely it is. However that is cool and okay.
biggrin.gif

Again, thank you for your great review, I know you want to try the Mullard 6080 tubes, let me know and I will send you some samples

No worries about the review. Thanks for the great product and service. You guys are the best supplier I have found.

Sample tubes. Cool. I will take you up on that very kind offer.
Good to hear. I was only kidding about a discount.

I ordered 4 more after the first one lived up to the buzz (bad choice of word for tubes
smily_headphones1.gif
), so thanks again for sharing the find. It's close, but I still prefer the 596 for most headphones though for the price of the 5Z4GY, it's a steal and should be in everyone's tube collection.

If I ran Woo Audio, I would seriously consider using the Brimar as the stock tube instead of the horrid rectifier they currently ship in new amps.

Agreed. If they had that Brimar in their amps at the trade shows they would get more orders.

Feb 4, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #1,010 of 2,671
Again, thank you for your great review, I know you want to try the Mullard 6080 tubes, let me know and I will send you some samples

Welcome to Head-FI James!

Do you have an physical storefront or is Langrex internet only? I'll be in Portsmouth sometime in the first half of the year and would love to stop in if you're open to the public.

Feb 4, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #1,011 of 2,671

Do you have an physical storefront or is Langrex internet only? I'll be in Portsmouth sometime in the first half of the year and would love to stop in if you're open to the public.

Say hi when in Portsmouth to the HMS Victory for me building her as we speak                                                                                                                                                      

Feb 4, 2015 at 5:43 PM Post #1,012 of 2,671

Not a store front as such, but happy for you to come in and see us, just give us a call when you would like to visit, about an hour from Portsmouth

Feb 4, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #1,014 of 2,671
  Say hi when in Portsmouth to the HMS Victory for me building her as we speak                                                                                                                                                      

Nice! One of fondest memories of being in the UK was visiting the historic port and going inside the Victory and Warrior. Great experience.

(apologies for going OT).

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #1,017 of 2,671

Hi,

We have:

U52 NOS BOXED MWT BROWN BASED WITH MWT STICKERS 10-12pcs MATCHING DATE CODES

U52/5U4G/CV1071 GEC GOVERNMENT BOXED GEC STICKERS 12pcs MATCHING DATE CODES - Listed on ebay

GZ37/CV378 MULLARD NOS GOVERNMENT BOXED (100+ pcs) 

Obviously these are quite highly price, I will happily quote you.

We have a large stock of UU5/CV1039 Mullard which is another very good rectifier, although has a British 4 pin base.

All of the large quantities we had in the octal type rectifiers have all been sold and I am talking thousands, the 5Z4G is
pretty much the only octal type NOS rectifier we still have available and believe this is the only stash of these worldwide.
I am thinking the price should be at least 30.00GBP in the very near future and probably will 100.00GBP by the time stock levels 
are low. 

Regards,

James

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:50 PM Post #1,020 of 2,671
All of the large quantities we had in the octal type rectifiers have all been sold and I am talking thousands, the 5Z4G is
pretty much the only octal type NOS rectifier we still have available and believe this is the only stash of these worldwide.
I am thinking the price should be at least 30.00GBP in the very near future and probably will 100.00GBP by the time stock levels 
are low. 

Regards,

James

You guys are making me want to get another 6 Brimars. :wink:

Can anyone guess how long these 5z4's will last? In a tube amp I mean not stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back