Dual/triple driver custom or Westone 4 - some advice please
Jul 10, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #16 of 19
I'm reading this thread because I made the just and bought a 1964 quad driver custom IEM and they don't exactly fit perfectly. The left lets in some  noise and the rigt hurts over time because the cable connector is pressed towards my ear, so I'm in two minds about what to do right now...

Aug 21, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #17 of 19

Quote:
I'm reading this thread because I made the just and bought a 1964 quad driver custom IEM and they don't exactly fit perfectly. The left lets in some  noise and the rigt hurts over time because the cable connector is pressed towards my ear, so I'm in two minds about what to do right now...

I'm sorry to hear that! You should contact 1964 ears to have it replaced. They have a 30 days fit guarantee. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #18 of 19
I think lower end customs, like the JH5, will be quite hard for Westone 4 to beat, from what I have heard. However, you have to factor in the cost for impressions and so on. Personally, I would buy the JH5 / UM Aero etc. if I could get the impressions for under $100 (but in Australia, I can't).

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:09 PM Post #19 of 19

Quote:
I think lower end customs, like the JH5, will be quite hard for Westone 4 to beat, from what I have heard. However, you have to factor in the cost for impressions and so on. Personally, I would buy the JH5 / UM Aero etc. if I could get the impressions for under $100 (but in Australia, I can't).

I think UM Australia was running some kind of free impression thing a while back for Australia residents? I'm not sure if it's still valid but you could contact them or check out their website to see if it is still there. They might have a fb page as well..not sure

Either way I would contact them if you were interested in UM and see if they know any audiologist that is under $100. The guys over at UM Australia are extremely helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back