Dual Entry Mod for HD-555
Sep 6, 2010 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

jschristian44

Member of the Trade: Justin's Headphone Modding
CAUTION: Incomplete trades
It seems like all my threads get lost in the mix.  Anyways, I plan to rewire and do a dual entry mod for my Sennheiser HD-555 Headphones.  I am pretty sure there is a small like 22 awg wire that runs through the headband to connect each cup.  I heard that if you run it dual entry it can sound better and it really doesn't seem that hard to do.  I just snip that cable in 2 and then just solder new wires and run them down instead of through the headband, and now they don't have as far to travel.  I also plan to rewire them with silver teflon wire and it doesn't seem too hard either, just remember which wire goes to which on the one end and the mini plug end.  Then I have a Zalman in-line microphone which I intend to kind of imbed in the line maybe in the middle.  Either way, I have never really desoldered before and those contacts look mighty small.  So would just cutting the lines in the middle and then solder new wires to half of the existing work good enough?  Or would I have to desolder them to get the full effect?  Same thing with the new silver teflon wiring, they have like a motherboard jumper plug at the end of them and I am not sure how to wire into that, so is it alright if I just cut a little off the end and solder new wires to like an inch or two of the existing ones.  Looking forward to your feedback!

Here is my first drawing: (click on it for good size)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back