Dual Denons: AH-D600 & D7100
May 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #31 of 56
Quote:
Exactly.

Their are people here who jump into every Denon thread just to bash them.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I love the D5000 with Lawton pads, but they leak a lot of sound and have a stock cord that is very lengthy and unmanageable.  The D600's have pretty good isolation, 2 replaceable cables, and carry the house Denon sound.  I don't think they're worth MSRP, but I did manage to find them $249 open box from an authorized vendor.

Jun 15, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #32 of 56
I just got them for 295 brand new and can't wait to mess around with them.  I got them so they can be my "Fun headphone" to use with EDM and movie watching.  I realize they aren't super neutral from using Tyll's reviews but it does look like a super fun headphone.  I'm also awaiting the Phiaton Bridge MS500's that I won in a random drawing on this forum.  Should be interesting to see which one is more fun to use.

Jul 3, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #33 of 56
Just an update but I love my D600s!  I use them mainly for EDM type music but they sound with pop, rap, r&b, and harder rock.

Jul 3, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #34 of 56
Good for you.
I think they are very good, especially if found for $260 or lower.
These have gotten a lot of "flak" here, but I didn't found them as bad as other ppl.

Enjoy.

Jul 3, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #35 of 56
Quote:
Good for you.
I think they are very good, especially if found for $260 or lower.
These have gotten a lot of "flak" here, but I didn't found them as bad as other ppl.

Enjoy.

You can only read so many impressions/opinions before you need to try a pair of headphones out for yourself.  They're a very fun headphone!

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #36 of 56
Ok guys, not trying to kick up trouble here since the D600s are such a polarizing headphone but I gotta ask:

What is Tyll talking about in this quote:

the AH-D7100 highest treble octave seems to have gone missing, and the mid treble is significantly blurred by some of the most horrific ringing that I've seen in a headphone. The AH-D600 fairs about the same,

I read Innerfidelity and greatly trust Tyll's experience and reviews, but this is just not my experience with the D600. To my ears, the D600 is definitely colored (I have no idea how Denon can say it's "tuned to a flat-EQ") but the treble seems clear and non-fatiguing to me. I have no problem going against the grain and saying it's one of my favorite headphones because, like everyone else says, it's got a really fun sound.

Can anyone tell me what Tyll's talking about, or better yet, suggest a song to listen to where this mid-treble ringing effect is replicated?

Jul 6, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #37 of 56
Ok guys, not trying to kick up trouble here since the D600s are such a polarizing headphone but I gotta ask:

What is Tyll talking about in this quote:

I read Innerfidelity and greatly trust Tyll's experience and reviews, but this is just not my experience with the D600. To my ears, the D600 is definitely colored (I have no idea how Denon can say it's "tuned to a flat-EQ") but the treble seems clear and non-fatiguing to me. I have no problem going against the grain and saying it's one of my favorite headphones because, like everyone else says, it's got a really fun sound.

Can anyone tell me what Tyll's talking about, or better yet, suggest a song to listen to where this mid-treble ringing effect is replicated?

Re the D600, have not a clue what he's hearing. None. Love them.

Jul 6, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #38 of 56
Quote:

It's easily seen in all the crud in the impulse response, and in the high THD. I heard it in everything. 

But I have to say I'm amazed at how often headphones get tweaked by makers, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out that they've made some running changes.
I did measure these cans fairly early on in their production. 

Jul 6, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #39 of 56
What's amps do you all run with your D600?

Jul 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #40 of 56
What's amps do you all run with your D600?

I'm feeding it with either a Kenwood KA-5700 vintage integrated amp or my Pioneer Spec stack vintage. I'm sure the power I'm pumping into them helps the sound quality. The bass they handle from these vintage amps can tickle your ears with the loudness switch thrown. I have used my C421 as well and thought it was a good pairing.

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #41 of 56
Quote:

It's easily seen in all the crud in the impulse response, and in the high THD. I heard it in everything. 

But I have to say I'm amazed at how often headphones get tweaked by makers, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out that they've made some running changes.
I did measure these cans fairly early on in their production. 

Gasp! He's here! Is that how you summon Tyll to a thread? I always thought you had so say your name three times, like beatlejuice.

Tyll! Tyll! Tyll!

Jul 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM Post #42 of 56
Quote:

Gasp! He's here! Is that how you summon Tyll to a thread? I always thought you had so say your name three times, like beatlejuice.

Tyll! Tyll! Tyll!

That would do it.  

I search for my name and "InnerFidelity" most days to see if I can help in some way.

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #43 of 56
Quote:

That would do it.  

I search for my name and "InnerFidelity" most days to see if I can help in some way.

Great to know. Your work gets referenced a lot around here, as you probably know 
size]

Jul 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #44 of 56
Do we have headfiers who actually have experienced the Hifiman HE-500 or LCD 2.2 compare their sound signatures to the D600?  I am trying to gauge some of the reviews I have read so far regarding the D600 in regards to it being warm and non-fatiguing.

I own the 500 and 2.2's, but like to have a closed can that has similar signature to the LCD2.2 without straining the already near empty wallet this hobby has taken me.  Into the early morning hours is when I listen after work and can wake the family up if using these other open cans.  Would you all agree that the D600 has deep sub-bass like the 2.2's or even more?  And without the searing high end like the HD800?

Jul 7, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #45 of 56
Quote:
I'm feeding it with either a Kenwood KA-5700 vintage integrated amp or my Pioneer Spec stack vintage. I'm sure the power I'm pumping into them helps the sound quality. The bass they handle from these vintage amps can tickle your ears with the loudness switch thrown. I have used my C421 as well and thought it was a good pairing.

I use a Firestone Audio Cute Beyond at the moment but I'm waiting for my Asgard 2 to come in and try them on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back