Dual Denons: AH-D600 & D7100
Jan 23, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #17 of 56
Quote:
Just so everyone knows, the reviewer is swbf2cheater.

Thats sad to hear. I read a lot of his posts and we were in a lot of the same threads, starting with the M100 thread in the beginning. I expected better from him, he tried to go out of his depth and its now bit him in the ass, how sure are you its him?
Quote:
It aligns pretty well with the measurements taken by Russian site.
personalaudio.ru/raa/otchety/naushniki/

Well its possible, if Denons quality control is as good as a broken condom. Which i suspect is happening.
Quote:
Even head-fi has its own flawed advice. I'm still very careful about who I take advice from after making a handful of bad purchases from advice here. A handful of people here were raving about the D7100. A few weeks later all those people had returned them.

Agreed, measurements do give us some concrete evidence to compare. They can give someone an idea of what the headphones will sound like. Will they give a complete picture? Definitely not. But they do give a good general idea. The frequency response also doesn't give concrete information about detail level and soundstage, which are pretty important. 

I remember that, i was the first nay-sayer and got bashed by inexperienced idiots, not that i didn't hand back in spades. I was the one that called all the raving fanboys out for being inexperienced, and then you bought them and proved me right. so i hate to say but i told everyone so 
size]

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #20 of 56
Jan 23, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #22 of 56
Jan 23, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #24 of 56
Jan 23, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #25 of 56
that is completely untrue. If you had read the review you wouldn't even say this

Gah you're right; I swear I saw that as Julius when I read it when it first came out; I should have checked again. I figured it was strange he'd get a loaner from Indonesia and some country in Europe. That makes more sense. Speaking of Lieven, I stopped taking what he writes seriously after that overly positive P3 review. Those were the worst headphones I've tried in a while.

Edit: Just realized what I did wrong. I mentally switched the authors of the Denon and Schiit reviewers. I promise I'm only slightly stupid.

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #26 of 56
When you're not into headphones or when you're coming from ibuds (although the latest apple ibuds are better as I expected) and listen to beat heavy mainstream music I suppose the P3 are ok. So that excludes almost every Head-fier.
rolleyes.gif

I don't like the C5 or P5 either, yet I like B&W speakers
cool.gif

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #27 of 56
I really didn't think the P5 were that horrid. Of course, they're terrifically overpriced for the lack of clarity they had, but for some reason it was that exact quality that made me like them. They didn't try to impress. And as for the D600, I feel like I'd like them a lot more if they had a better midrange; seriously, it can't be that hard to make a bassy headphone that has nice mids. I haven't tried the D7100, but honestly, at the rate the price these are dropping, they might get within the range for me to risk buying it deaf by the end of the year.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #28 of 56
Quote:
I really didn't think the P5 were that horrid. Of course, they're terrifically overpriced for the lack of clarity they had, but for some reason it was that exact quality that made me like them. They didn't try to impress. And as for the D600, I feel like I'd like them a lot more if they had a better midrange; seriously, it can't be that hard to make a bassy headphone that has nice mids. I haven't tried the D7100, but honestly, at the rate the price these are dropping, they might get within the range for me to risk buying it deaf by the end of the year.

To paraphrase myself the P5 are disgusting, the treble sounds like a tin can with rocks in, the mids are like a hooker at the end of a rough week, the bass is like a hooker with aids.
Disgusting.

The new HK headphones surprised me, they were not bad at all, but still overpriced.

Jan 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #29 of 56
Quote:
To paraphrase myself the P5 are disgusting, the treble sounds like a tin can with rocks in, the mids are like a hooker at the end of a rough week, the bass is like a hooker with aids.
Disgusting.

The new HK headphones surprised me, they were not bad at all, but still overpriced.

Is this the version with or without the really thick foam in front of the drivers? (Seriously who thought that was a good idea?) The ones with the foam in front of the drivers sounded awful. the ones with the freer drivers sounded better. Not necessarily good, but...kind of relaxing. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #30 of 56
Quote:

Is this the version with or without the really thick foam in front of the drivers? (Seriously who thought that was a good idea?) The ones with the foam in front of the drivers sounded awful. the ones with the freer drivers sounded better. Not necessarily good, but...kind of relaxing. 

didn't pay enough attention, after 2 full songs of torture, i nearly broke them in store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back