DT990: Tons of sibilance?
Aug 27, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #46 of 49
Too bad you didn't like them...I have a set of pros and love em driven with my cheap little dot tube amp. One thing that would be nice is you look at the head-fi sponsers for your next purchase. Ask for a head-fi discount....you never know. Good luck to you and it sounds like Senns are your kind of can.

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something like the DT880's LOVE warmth. It butters up the bottom end and rolls of the top end a hair.

The DT990's you have to be careful with. There's so much bass, it can get flabby and I mean fast. In other words, if you focus on taming that top end you could up having this big mushy lower end.

I had DT990 Pros (the old version) and the sibilance was killing me out of my PCDP. I didn't have an amp, but feared what REDO states above, because along with the sibilance the bass was too much as well...

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #48 of 49
I don't mean to dig up an old thread, but I'd like to let everyone who helped me know that I am absolutely loving the Senn HD 650s. They sound incredible through my receiver, with all of the clarity and bass response (without sibilance!) that I could want. I also picked up a pair of iGrados for my Cowon D2, and those, too, are amazing me.

I feel that I've finally found my cans, and I couldn't be happier. A huge thanks to all of the posters in this and my previous threads in helping me to find my sonic contentment.

And now, I listen!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back