DT990 Problem. Beyer Experts Please.
Jun 25, 2012 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

x3dnd3x

Head-Fier
Hi all,

I was cleaning up my room today and at the same time using a vacuum cleaner to swipe the external of left and right driver. Before that, it was still working properly. After using the vacuum cleaner, the left driver became softer than the right. I tested on the output of my tv and also on my cd player and the problem is still there. I then followed this thread and dismantled the left driver to clean the internal part and by visual, the wires seem to be connected properly. I then assemble it back but the problem is still there. :frowning2:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/218922/dt990-rattling-calling-beyer-experts

May I know what should my next step be? Is it the connector or driver issue? Mine's a DT990 600ohm.

Cheers

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:
I was cleaning up my room today and at the same time using a vacuum cleaner to swipe the external of left and right driver. Before that, it was still working properly. After using the vacuum cleaner, the left driver became softer than the right. I tested on the output of my tv and also on my cd player and the problem is still there. I then followed this thread and dismantled the left driver to clean the internal part and by visual, the wires seem to be connected properly. I then assemble it back but the problem is still there. :frowning2:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/218922/dt990-rattling-calling-beyer-experts
May I know what should my next step be? Is it the connector or driver issue? Mine's a DT990 600ohm.

Contact Beyerdynamic, they will tell you were to ship the headphones from repair.

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Contact Beyerdynamic, they will tell you were to ship the headphones from repair.

From your experience, would it cost alot for this sort of repair? I'm on a pretty tight budget recently.
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

From your experience, would it cost alot for this sort of repair? I'm on a pretty tight budget recently.
frown.gif

They might have fixed rate for headphone repair.

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Shall email them and check whether mine is still in warranty. Mine's purchased from Amazon but I've already lost the receipt.

Just to confirm, this is their enquiry email right? info@beyerdynamic.de

Thanks.

Amazon might still have a recorded of the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back