DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
Jul 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #106 of 1,091
lowest amazon price 165, i bought these 2 years ago for 177, not a bad investment at all. every time i listen to them they are a joy to be had. easily one of my most cherished gem in my collection

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #107 of 1,091
Hello everyone,

today I purchased these headphones too after reading many reviews.
I wanted to enter the "head-fi" world without spending too much and so I used 150€ of my cash to get the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro.

They sound horrible though. The sound is really distorted and bad compared to my cheap random 50€ headphones.

I tried connecting them to my sound card (X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty) and to my receiver (Onkyo HT-538).
They sound really really bad even at moderate volume levels, as in cracking / popping.

I don't have a dedicated amplifier, but surely an amp only makes a difference in loudness.

Am I missing something? Will an amplifier really make a difference in quality?

So far I am very disappointed.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #108 of 1,091
  Hello everyone,

today I purchased these headphones too after reading many reviews.
I wanted to enter the "head-fi" world without spending too much and so I used 150€ of my cash to get the Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro.

They sound horrible though. The sound is really distorted and bad compared to my cheap random 50€ headphones.

I tried connecting them to my sound card (X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty) and to my receiver (Onkyo HT-538).
They sound really really bad even at moderate volume levels, as in cracking / popping.

I don't have a dedicated amplifier, but surely an amp only makes a difference in loudness.

Am I missing something? Will an amplifier really make a difference in quality?

So far I am very disappointed.

Hi electrolover,

I am sorry to hear you having problems with your new DT 990 Pros. It looks like you've tried 2 different sources the x-fi titanium fatal1ty and your Onkyo receiver and are still getting distorted sound, cracking, and popping. I personally own a pair of the DT 990 Pros and use them with the X-fi Titanium HD with no issues, even though I did purchase a FiiO E09K Amp to help drive them since they are rated at 250 Ohms. Even so , an amp shouldn't be necessary to drive the DT 990 pros with your card as your card is rated as being able to drive cans up to 330 ohms @ 2 Vrms and 33 Ohms @1 Vrms. I am not sure about your receiver but that should also have plenty of power to drive the DT 990s.

The cracking, popping and distortion you are experiencing is not normal, it sounds to me that the drivers could be bad, but I have no way to test that. My advice is to contact Beyerdynamics and explain the issue. Also make sure you're not over-driving them with too much bass, as the DT 990 pros don't handle an overload of bass very well. I like a lot of bottom end in my music and I experienced distortion with high levels of bass. I spoke with Beyerdynamic and they told me I was probably over-driving them, which to me now was a good thing to learn as these cans do not need a lot of bass to sound very good.

For the price, the DT 990 Pros are an excellent set of open-back headphones with a very nice and flat response and really do not need EQ'd at all. But if you do EQ them, make sure to add just a little EQ, but they sound very nice flat without the need for it.

If you have any other sources you can try, do that to see if you still experience the issues. Try listening to them with your sound card with the EQ flat to see if the issue persists (do not use any of the creative console launchers DSP or special effects for testing purposes). If you find that after all of the DSP effects, and EQ is turned off, see if the issue persists. If this fixes the issue and you want to use DSP effects or EQ'ing, start EQ'ing very slightly until you get the sound you're after without over driving them.

Worst-case scenario is that you received a damaged pair. But since you just got them, Beyerdynamic or the store in which you purchased them should exchange them for you. 

Try not to be discouraged, when I first got my DT 990 Pro's I was going from a pair of Beats Pros and to me the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros sounded horrible at first (although I didn't experience cracking, popping or distortion from them which leads me to believe you may have just received a bad set) , however after sticking with the DT 990 Pro's and letting my ears adjust to them, they destroy the Beats Pros in pretty much every aspect. Of course, sound is very subjective, however if it is determined that you have a bad set, try to get an exchange, or if you find that you may be over-driving them thus the distortion and popping sound is causing the issue, still give the DT 990 Pros a chance. They are a very excellent set of cans for the price in my opinion.

Nov 28, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #109 of 1,091
That Popping and cracking is definitely not normal. As said above, they're either faulty or you're overdriving them with too much bass or similar. I would expect them actually to be not loud enough out of the box as they have a moderately high impedance.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:12 PM Post #110 of 1,091
  Hi electrolover,

I am sorry to hear you having problems with your new DT 990 Pros. It looks like you've tried 2 different sources the x-fi titanium fatal1ty and your Onkyo receiver and are still getting distorted sound, cracking, and popping. I personally own a pair of the DT 990 Pros and use them with the X-fi Titanium HD with no issues, even though I did purchase a FiiO E09K Amp to help drive them since they are rated at 250 Ohms. Even so , an amp shouldn't be necessary to drive the DT 990 pros with your card as your card is rated as being able to drive cans up to 330 ohms @ 2 Vrms and 33 Ohms @1 Vrms. I am not sure about your receiver but that should also have plenty of power to drive the DT 990s.

The cracking, popping and distortion you are experiencing is not normal, it sounds to me that the drivers could be bad, but I have no way to test that. My advice is to contact Beyerdynamics and explain the issue. Also make sure you're not over-driving them with too much bass, as the DT 990 pros don't handle an overload of bass very well. I like a lot of bottom end in my music and I experienced distortion with high levels of bass. I spoke with Beyerdynamic and they told me I was probably over-driving them, which to me now was a good thing to learn as these cans do not need a lot of bass to sound very good.

For the price, the DT 990 Pros are an excellent set of open-back headphones with a very nice and flat response and really do not need EQ'd at all. But if you do EQ them, make sure to add just a little EQ, but they sound very nice flat without the need for it.

If you have any other sources you can try, do that to see if you still experience the issues. Try listening to them with your sound card with the EQ flat to see if the issue persists (do not use any of the creative console launchers DSP or special effects for testing purposes). If you find that after all of the DSP effects, and EQ is turned off, see if the issue persists. If this fixes the issue and you want to use DSP effects or EQ'ing, start EQ'ing very slightly until you get the sound you're after without over driving them.

Worst-case scenario is that you received a damaged pair. But since you just got them, Beyerdynamic or the store in which you purchased them should exchange them for you. 

Try not to be discouraged, when I first got my DT 990 Pro's I was going from a pair of Beats Pros and to me the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pros sounded horrible at first (although I didn't experience cracking, popping or distortion from them which leads me to believe you may have just received a bad set) , however after sticking with the DT 990 Pro's and letting my ears adjust to them, they destroy the Beats Pros in pretty much every aspect. Of course, sound is very subjective, however if it is determined that you have a bad set, try to get an exchange, or if you find that you may be over-driving them thus the distortion and popping sound is causing the issue, still give the DT 990 Pros a chance. They are a very excellent set of cans for the price in my opinion.

That Popping and cracking is definitely not normal. As said above, they're either faulty or you're overdriving them with too much bass or similar. I would expect them actually to be not loud enough out of the box as they have a moderately high impedance.

Thanks for the replies.
I would like to clarify what I am experiencing.

The drivers seem to work fine at low volumes. Sound is clear, but then at low volumes I can't hear any differences between the DT990s and my old el cheapo headphones.
If I turn up the volume on my receiver the sound is loud and clear on the cheap headphones, heck I can't even listen for more than 30 seconds I feel like my brain is about to explode.
With the DT990 the sound is very distorted at similar volume levels even though the music is not necessarily bass heavy (I've listened to a number of different random songs). Any bass boost, equalizer, 3D effects and all that nonsense are off.
Connecting them to the sound card directly doesn't make any difference other than the fact that the volume is slighlty lower (understandably).

I should mention that I may have used incorrect terms in my previous post. I don't know if I hear cracking and popping just very distorted sound.
Yes the kind of sound that you hear with real powerful bass pushed through weak speakers, except that there's no need for much bass :frowning2:

@TheGame (or anyone really): do you think you could give me some context? How much can you turn up the volume without hearing any distortion (assume you're listening a random pop song that is not particularly bass heavy)?
Say, can you turn it up loud enough that you can hear the music from another room and there is no distortion?
From my testing you can already hear from another room at moderate levels since it's open back.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #111 of 1,091
I am not an expert on why this could be happening, but hopefully other members will know what is causing the issue. My advice is to contact Beyerdynamic as they would definitely be able to help you try to diagnose the problem. I really hope you get your issue resolved, and I am sorry you are experiencing issues. The DT 990 Pros are great and I hope you can get to enjoy them as they are intended to be.

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #112 of 1,091
yes,I too want 880's plus more bass, so I am almost certainly setting myself up for some disappointment.
11.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 7:57 PM Post #114 of 1,091
  I am not an expert on why this could be happening, but hopefully other members will know what is causing the issue. My advice is to contact Beyerdynamic as they would definitely be able to help you try to diagnose the problem. I really hope you get your issue resolved, and I am sorry you are experiencing issues. The DT 990 Pros are great and I hope you can get to enjoy them as they are intended to be.

I guess I will eventually contact them, but as we all know companies are never quick to offer replacements.
Most likely the first thing they will tell me is I'm over-driving them just like the other user said.
But at what point can we say that headphones are over-driven?
Similarly I read positive reviews left and right about their good quality, about the decent bass and so on, but I have no context.
Please, I need to understand how they are supposed to sound from you... happy owners.
I have no way of trying out decent headphones in stores and I can't possibly make random purchases to test them and get an idea.
I need to understand how much you are able to turn up the volume before hearing any distortion so that I can understand if it's just much me or my pair is in line with what is "normal".

PS: I apologize for the double post I was unable to properly edit the previous one.

Nov 29, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #115 of 1,091
Hi there again electrolover. I'll try to address your questions as best as I can, but  am far from an expert and of course sound is very subjective so keep this in mind as you read my thoughts on the DT 990 Pros.

The DT 990 Pros are meant to be an accurate sounding headphone, meaning little to no coloration in sound which is a good thing if you're into serious listening. They have good crisp mids and highs, but there is a lack in sub-bass. They reproduce sound very well and of course since you have them you know they are open-back (I prefer open-back headphones myself, but that is just my personal opinion).

One way to tell if your DT 990 Pros are being over driven is if you start hearing a lot of distortion and they don't sound good, like you had explained in a previous post. You also stated previously that they sounded good at low volume levels which could also indicate that they are being over driven when you turn them up. And you probably wouldn't notice too much of a difference between the DT 990's and the cheaper headphones you have (I don't know what other kind of cans you are comparing them to, you never specified other than "el cheapo") unless you give the DT 990's the amount of juice they require to make them shine. That being said, they are 250 Ohm so they need a little bit of juice. When I first got mine, I just plugged them into my Creative Titanium HD's headphone port. I like bass and bottom end too in some cases and when I first listened to them I had my EQ on my Titanium HD's bass frequencies really high, and I DID hear distortion. I was concerned as you are now and I did contact Beyerdynamic to see if I got a bad set of cans. They explained that I was probably trying to push more bass into the drivers than they were meant to handle thus getting the distortion. So I lowered the bass frequencies in the EQ little by little until the distortion went away. And yes of course there wasn't as much bass as I normally like, but the more and more I listened to them, the more and more I wanted to lower the EQ'ing until I ended up with a flat EQ. I also found that even though my Creative Titanium HD is said to be able to drive up to 330 Ohm cans, I still found the volume to be lacking, so I just bought an entry level FiiO E09K amp per a suggestion from another Head-fi member. And boy what a difference it made! Once a had the EQ flat, plugged the amp into the Titanium HD and the DT 990's into the amp, they really started to shine and I understood why people praised these cans for what they could do in this price range.

That being said, if you prefer a lot of bottom end, and thumping bass, and a little color in your headphones, then the DT 990's may not be a good fit for you. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to sit down with you and listen to the kind of sound your looking for to give you a recommendation. The only thing I can do is give you my thoughts and opinions on cans that I personally own and have spent time listening to.

If you prefer a little color in your cans, and are looking for cans that can handle a lot of thump and bass, but still do a good job over-all in your price range, you may want to check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I bought a pair of those after the DT 990 pro's and found that they could handle as much bass as I could throw out them without any problem. Also, in my opinion, they have good over-all sound for the price range you are in. The Audio Technica ATH-M50's are only rated at 38 Ohms which will be much, much easier to drive and require less juice than the 250 Ohm DT 990 Pros. They are also closed-back headphones. They are definitely something you may want to look into if you decide not to stick with the DT 990 Pros.

Sound is very subjective so it all depends on what suits YOU best. I simply just stated my own personal opinions and observations of the DT 990 Pros. While they may sound great to me, they may not to others. Same thing with the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. That's my opinion of the cans, but I can tell you with a large amount of confidence that the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's can deliver a lot more bass than the DT990 Pros can without distortion, and the ATH-M50's are much easier to drive and need far less juice. You soundcard alone can provide plenty of power for the ATH-M50's.

Final thoughts:

If you're looking for a very neutral, accurate sounding, open-back headphone in your price range then stick with the DT 990 pros, although you may want a headphone amp to give them a little more juice to hear their real potential.

If you're looking for a lot of bass and thump with a good over-all sound, a little coloration, and a closed-back set that are easy to drive in your price range, you may want to check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. At this time of year, I am constantly seeing good deals on these cans.

Keep in mind that these are my own, personal thoughts and opinions on these cans, others may have very different views on them. Also, there are a lot more options in your price range besides the DT 990 Pros and Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I simply mentioned the ATH-M50's because I personally own those cans and have a lot of listening time with them. Other members here can also suggest cans in your price range that you can look at as well, but I can only comment on ones I have personal experience with.

Here is how I use those 2 cans (in your price range):

DT 990 Pros - When I want to do serious listening, a flat response, and accurate reproduction and a more open soundstage

ATH-M50's - When I want a lot of bass and thump, for "fun" listening

In the end though it comes down to what YOU like best and what YOU are looking for in a headphone. I understand first-hand the situation you are in where you do not have the opportunity to try out these headphones before you  purchase them, I am in the same situation. I rely on member's advice and info here to make purchasing decisions on headphones and equipment and I have been fortunate enough to get really good, solid advice.

You can search threads here on head-fi for recommendations on cans in your price range and get different member's opinions and thoughts and try to make a decision on a different pair if you absolutely are not happy with the DT 990 Pros. If I am not mistaken, 150 Euros is about $200 U.S. dollars give or take a few. Here's a few threads you may want to read up on, but if you do a search for headphones $200 or less, there are tons of threads. These should get you started. I hope this info helps you at least a little.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/636802/best-headphone-under-200

http://www.head-fi.org/t/533910/best-headphones-for-200-or-less

http://www.head-fi.org/t/674773/looking-for-beginner-audiophile-headphones-250-max-budget-preferably-200-or-less

Nov 29, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #116 of 1,091
SIGNED!!!

These cans are amazingly versatile.  Kind of has a V shape sound signature, but the mids are not recessed by any means.  With good amplification, the lower mids really kick in and adds to the fullness.  With proper amplification, the sound signature becomes more flat, which is a good thing.  The 250Ohm is misleading because these cans really need good amplification to get that full-spectrum sound experience.  I love listening to them on my Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver.

Let me second this emotion. I find the 990pros more sensitive to amplification than 880/600. A good amp does wonders for these cans.

Nov 29, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #117 of 1,091
  Hi there again electrolover. I'll try to address your questions as best as I can, but  am far from an expert and of course sound is very subjective so keep this in mind as you read my thoughts on the DT 990 Pros.

The DT 990 Pros are meant to be an accurate sounding headphone, meaning little to no coloration in sound which is a good thing if you're into serious listening. They have good crisp mids and highs, but there is a lack in sub-bass. They reproduce sound very well and of course since you have them you know they are open-back (I prefer open-back headphones myself, but that is just my personal opinion).

One way to tell if your DT 990 Pros are being over driven is if you start hearing a lot of distortion and they don't sound good, like you had explained in a previous post. You also stated previously that they sounded good at low volume levels which could also indicate that they are being over driven when you turn them up. And you probably wouldn't notice too much of a difference between the DT 990's and the cheaper headphones you have (I don't know what other kind of cans you are comparing them to, you never specified other than "el cheapo") unless you give the DT 990's the amount of juice they require to make them shine. That being said, they are 250 Ohm so they need a little bit of juice. When I first got mine, I just plugged them into my Creative Titanium HD's headphone port. I like bass and bottom end too in some cases and when I first listened to them I had my EQ on my Titanium HD's bass frequencies really high, and I DID hear distortion. I was concerned as you are now and I did contact Beyerdynamic to see if I got a bad set of cans. They explained that I was probably trying to push more bass into the drivers than they were meant to handle thus getting the distortion. So I lowered the bass frequencies in the EQ little by little until the distortion went away. And yes of course there wasn't as much bass as I normally like, but the more and more I listened to them, the more and more I wanted to lower the EQ'ing until I ended up with a flat EQ. I also found that even though my Creative Titanium HD is said to be able to drive up to 330 Ohm cans, I still found the volume to be lacking, so I just bought an entry level FiiO E09K amp per a suggestion from another Head-fi member. And boy what a difference it made! Once a had the EQ flat, plugged the amp into the Titanium HD and the DT 990's into the amp, they really started to shine and I understood why people praised these cans for what they could do in this price range.

That being said, if you prefer a lot of bottom end, and thumping bass, and a little color in your headphones, then the DT 990's may not be a good fit for you. Unfortunately I do not have the ability to sit down with you and listen to the kind of sound your looking for to give you a recommendation. The only thing I can do is give you my thoughts and opinions on cans that I personally own and have spent time listening to.

If you prefer a little color in your cans, and are looking for cans that can handle a lot of thump and bass, but still do a good job over-all in your price range, you may want to check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I bought a pair of those after the DT 990 pro's and found that they could handle as much bass as I could throw out them without any problem. Also, in my opinion, they have good over-all sound for the price range you are in. The Audio Technica ATH-M50's are only rated at 38 Ohms which will be much, much easier to drive and require less juice than the 250 Ohm DT 990 Pros. They are also closed-back headphones. They are definitely something you may want to look into if you decide not to stick with the DT 990 Pros.

Sound is very subjective so it all depends on what suits YOU best. I simply just stated my own personal opinions and observations of the DT 990 Pros. While they may sound great to me, they may not to others. Same thing with the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. That's my opinion of the cans, but I can tell you with a large amount of confidence that the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's can deliver a lot more bass than the DT990 Pros can without distortion, and the ATH-M50's are much easier to drive and need far less juice. You soundcard alone can provide plenty of power for the ATH-M50's.

Final thoughts:

If you're looking for a very neutral, accurate sounding, open-back headphone in your price range then stick with the DT 990 pros, although you may want a headphone amp to give them a little more juice to hear their real potential.

If you're looking for a lot of bass and thump with a good over-all sound, a little coloration, and a closed-back set that are easy to drive in your price range, you may want to check out the Audio-Technica ATH-M50s. At this time of year, I am constantly seeing good deals on these cans.

Keep in mind that these are my own, personal thoughts and opinions on these cans, others may have very different views on them. Also, there are a lot more options in your price range besides the DT 990 Pros and Audio-Technica ATH-M50's. I simply mentioned the ATH-M50's because I personally own those cans and have a lot of listening time with them. Other members here can also suggest cans in your price range that you can look at as well, but I can only comment on ones I have personal experience with.

Here is how I use those 2 cans (in your price range):

DT 990 Pros - When I want to do serious listening, a flat response, and accurate reproduction and a more open soundstage

ATH-M50's - When I want a lot of bass and thump, for "fun" listening

In the end though it comes down to what YOU like best and what YOU are looking for in a headphone. I understand first-hand the situation you are in where you do not have the opportunity to try out these headphones before you  purchase them, I am in the same situation. I rely on member's advice and info here to make purchasing decisions on headphones and equipment and I have been fortunate enough to get really good, solid advice.

You can search threads here on head-fi for recommendations on cans in your price range and get different member's opinions and thoughts and try to make a decision on a different pair if you absolutely are not happy with the DT 990 Pros. If I am not mistaken, 150 Euros is about $200 U.S. dollars give or take a few. Here's a few threads you may want to read up on, but if you do a search for headphones $200 or less, there are tons of threads. These should get you started. I hope this info helps you at least a little.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/636802/best-headphone-under-200

http://www.head-fi.org/t/533910/best-headphones-for-200-or-less

http://www.head-fi.org/t/674773/looking-for-beginner-audiophile-headphones-250-max-budget-preferably-200-or-less

Thank you very much for the extensive post, it is much appreciated and I understand everything now.
Indeed I was definitely over-driving them, I was able to also verify this in a hi-fi store which had high quality equipment.

Everything you just said is spot-on. Yes I want accurate reproduction, which the DT990s are good at, but also that "thumping bass". 
It's not that I want the car-filled-with-absurd-subwoofers experience, but some of my favorite genres (such as deep house) have some really deep bass sometimes, and the DT990s can't handle it even at moderate volume levels. I just want clear sound for all my music, and this product can't handle deep bass at moderate levels.
I've already heard positive things about the M50s, I just want to be sure about one thing before I buy them: how big are they? There are many circumaural headphones that aren't very big and sit on your ears causing discomfort. From the pictures I see on the Internet I can't tell.

So in conclusion yes, I think I'll do the exact same thing and purchase the M50s for "fun" listening while I'll be using the Beyerdynamics for other genres.

PS: this springs a question to my mind: are the high-end headphones in the 500€+ range capable of handling "thumping" bass or are they all focused on accurate reproductions of sound with little to no bass?

Nov 29, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #118 of 1,091

Thank you very much for the extensive post, it is much appreciated and I understand everything now.
Indeed I was definitely over-driving them, I was able to also verify this in a hi-fi store which had high quality equipment.

Everything you just said is spot-on. Yes I want accurate reproduction, which the DT990s are good at, but also that "thumping bass". 
It's not that I want the car-filled-with-absurd-subwoofers experience, but some of my favorite genres (such as deep house) have some really deep bass sometimes, and the DT990s can't handle it even at moderate volume levels. I just want clear sound for all my music, and this product can't handle deep bass at moderate levels.
I've already heard positive things about the M50s, I just want to be sure about one thing before I buy them: how big are they? There are many circumaural headphones that aren't very big and sit on your ears causing discomfort. From the pictures I see on the Internet I can't tell.

So in conclusion yes, I think I'll do the exact same thing and purchase the M50s for "fun" listening while I'll be using the Beyerdynamics for other genres.

PS: this springs a question to my mind: are the high-end headphones in the 500€+ range capable of handling "thumping" bass or are they all focused on accurate reproductions of sound with little to no bass?

You're very welcome. The ATH-M50's are full sized and over-the-ear 45 mm large-aperture drivers with neodymium magnet systems and have Closed-back cushioned ear-cups so they fit well over the ears and are quite comfortable. Also, they provide a little bit of passive noise isolation (passive means there are no electronics involved in the noise isolation, where as active noise isolation uses batteries in most cases).

As far as high-end headphones go, it depends on the type and model as different headphones offer different sound signatures. Currently, I am using Sennheiser HD650 headphones, they are about $500 USD and are open-back, however they provide excellent sound reproduction, a great soundstage, and they can handle plenty of bass accurately and nicely, without sounding "muddy". So far, the Sennheiser HD650's are the best cans I have ever owned in the $500 Price range. SO to answer you question properly, yes higher end cans can produce plenty of bass, but it depends on the model.

Nov 29, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #119 of 1,091
Hello DT990 owners! :)

This is my first post on Head-Fi!! (Though I've been lurking in the shadows for some time.) I'd just like to chime in and say these headphones are awesome! I've been able to run them from a Fiio X3 (though I can't get it "too loud", it's still plenty loud), or even straight from my Xonar DX sound card with no other amplification -- either way it sounds great.

I don't really have anything new to share, so I'm keeping this short and sweet :p Back to enjoying my new headphones :)

Nov 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM Post #120 of 1,091
  Hello DT990 owners! :)

This is my first post on Head-Fi!! (Though I've been lurking in the shadows for some time.) I'd just like to chime in and say these headphones are awesome! I've been able to run them from a Fiio X3 (though I can't get it "too loud", it's still plenty loud), or even straight from my Xonar DX sound card with no other amplification -- either way it sounds great.

I don't really have anything new to share, so I'm keeping this short and sweet :p Back to enjoying my new headphones :)

Welcome to the club my friend! I hope you get as much enjoyment out of your DT 990 Pro's as much as I have over the last year! And as an added bonus, they seem to sound better with age!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back