DT990 Pro Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2019 at 5:48 PM Post #1,083 of 1,091
giphy.gif

Mar 15, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,084 of 1,091
I purchased the DT990 Premium Limited Edition Black and they do look sexy! They are 600 ohm and I have been powering them with my LD MKIII but just for poops and giggles I took them downstairs to my SS setup and wow I have to say they sound even better IMHO. If you have a super neutral amp like my Keces you need to try the DT990 on it. It smoothed out the slightly aggressive highs and also took the lows by the gonads! I will be leaving these on the SS system from here on, the LD just doesn't seem to control the lows as well.
This is what they look like if anyone is interested.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DJ17FTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #1,088 of 1,091
OK... so out of all my current equipment I am enjoying the Keces amp & DAC with the DT990's best! I have an AudioControl EQ in the chain but am not even using it. It just sounds amazing with most everything I throw at it.
Listening to Paradise ~ American Acoustic Music by Eric Tingstad & Nancy Rumble and I'm floored by the detail and intricate, delicate, absolutely delicious sounds I'm experiencing. Track 4 & 12 are standouts but everything sounds excellent IMHO!

May 6, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #1,089 of 1,091
OK... so out of all my current equipment I am enjoying the Keces amp & DAC with the DT990's best! I have an AudioControl EQ in the chain but am not even using it. It just sounds amazing with most everything I throw at it.
Listening to Paradise ~ American Acoustic Music by Eric Tingstad & Nancy Rumble and I'm floored by the detail and intricate, delicate, absolutely delicious sounds I'm experiencing. Track 4 & 12 are standouts but everything sounds excellent IMHO!

I have the 250 ohm DT 990 PRO's and I must agree that they sound awesome with a powerful enough amp and the right source material.

They have great synergy with my Marantz HD-DAC1 (on mid-gain) but, on the flip side, they sound tinny and bass-light on my audioengine D1. They also sound excellent on my old Yamaha Natural Sound CD player and receiver headphone outs.

I mainly pull out the 990's when I'm looking to hear some top-end sparkle out of really well recorded source material. There are just certain recordings in my collection that the 990's can render like no other.

Oct 12, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #1,090 of 1,091
fiio e10k don't have enough juice to drive dt990 250 ohm
i'm looking to upgrade fiio e10k, any good dac/amp at the same price as e10k ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back