DT990 600 ohm question
Nov 16, 2012 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cap10 crunch

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

So I'm looking at buying a new headphone for house/electronic/dubstep music and was looking at the 600 ohm version of the dt990s.  Right now I have k701 driven by the heed canamp and was wondering if the canamp would be enough to drive the dt990s.  It says on the heed site it can drive up to 600ohms but would this be a good pair?  I don't have enough money to buy another amp along with a headphone.  Also, any other suggestions for headphones would be good given that I have the canamp for amping.  I want the bass to be very impressive but I don't want to sacrifice the quality of the mids and highs to get a muddy sound for bass.  Thanks guys.

Nov 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hey guys,

So I'm looking at buying a new headphone for house/electronic/dubstep music and was looking at the 600 ohm version of the dt990s.  Right now I have k701 driven by the heed canamp and was wondering if the canamp would be enough to drive the dt990s.  It says on the heed site it can drive up to 600ohms but would this be a good pair?  I don't have enough money to buy another amp along with a headphone.  Also, any other suggestions for headphones would be good given that I have the canamp for amping.  I want the bass to be very impressive but I don't want to sacrifice the quality of the mids and highs to get a muddy sound for bass.  Thanks guys.

Heya,

Go for the DT990 PRO (250ohm). More appropriate for your goal. Cheaper too.

Very best,

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Any difference between the pro version of the 250 ohm and the premium version of the 250 ohm?

They look different and the headband clamps tighter on the PRO. They are otherwise the same roughly. You'll read a lot of wild "differences" between the impedances and PRO vs Premium, but frankly, you can't tell if it was the headphone or if it was the amplifier match up that caused the minute differences we're talking about. In general the PRO version of the DT990 is considered the bassiest.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back