DT880pro - VERY CONFUSING BEYERDYNAMIC - WHAT ARE YOU DOING ?!?
Jul 4, 2010 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tidal

100+ Head-Fier
I'm searching about beyerdynamic DT880pro, which is very confusing

First confusion is that is the can closed or open? I will use it at dorm and my roommates might kick me if it leaks sound.
Second confusion is that how many version it is? 32, 250 or 600? I have iBasso D4 and cannot upgrade to better amp so what version I should skip?
Third confusion is that is it made in Germany with metal or plastic? Is it solidly built?
Fourth confusion is that between 880pro and 990 what is the better unit? I listen to classical musics (symphonies and concertos) and afraid that the 880pro would have a small headroom.

Thank you !

PS. I don't know why beyerdynamic do not have a clear presentation of their products. haha

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 2
The 880 pros I have are 250 ohm and they are a semi open phone so they do leak sound. Not as bad as something like a k701 but definitely not closed either. They're pretty solid feeling to me and quite comfortable.

I've never heard the other 880s but I've always been perplexed when reading descriptions of the other versions as they don't match what I hear from the pros. The pros sound kinda dark to me with a rolled off treble which seems to be the opposite of how 880s are typically described. I don't think they would be my choice for classical. I prefer the akg k701s for that but they're really picky about the amp used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back