DT880 stock or Manufaktur (customs) - any differece in sound?
May 31, 2006 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

spinali

Headphoneus Supremus
Any beyer fan knows that the DT880 comes in two styles: stock retail ($240-300) and Manufaktur through their website (about $400+).

They're the same headphone. But has anyone noticed any difference between the two otherwise? The reactions to the custom's sound seems so outrageously positive that I can't help wondering if they also have a better sound.

Anybody?

May 31, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #2 of 12
I can't imagine why they would sound better, since you're just doing things like changing headband material, earcup material, etc....the housings and the drivers are still the same. I do wonder if the sound varies from the 32/250/600 impendences.

Aug 30, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #7 of 12
Does anyone have any more opinions on this? The Manufaktur DT880/600 doesn't sound better than the Headroom stock DT880/600 does it?

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 12
same driver same enclosure.  just different colors.  its like having the same car in two different colors. one does not become faster than the other because its black.

now different material ear pads could make a difference.  but those can be ordered from beyer for 50 bucks or so. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
Any beyer fan knows that the DT880 comes in two styles: stock retail ($240-300) and Manufaktur through their website (about $400+).

They're the same headphone. But has anyone noticed any difference between the two otherwise? The reactions to the custom's sound seems so outrageously positive that I can't help wondering if they also have a better sound.

Anybody?

you basically paying extra for that customs colors and pads maybe. and its expensive simply because they cant mass produce it.

Quote:
same driver same enclosure.  just different colors.  its like having the same car in two different colors. one does not become faster than the other because its black.

now different material ear pads could make a difference.  but those can be ordered from beyer for 50 bucks or so. 

more like same car and 1 with stock color and the other 1 with some nifty custom paint job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back