DT880 600 Ohm - need SS Amp under $500
Feb 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
Uhm.. head room on the dial?
50% amp = dial at 50%, in the middle, 12 o'clock, etc..

this, this is what I'm referring to. Will it have headroom to work with. As in it's loud enough for me but I still have room to make it louder, louder than I can tolerate. That's how I like it lol

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:
this, this is what I'm referring to. Will it have headroom to work with. As in it's loud enough for me but I still have room to make it louder, louder than I can tolerate. That's how I like it lol

Should it have automatic BAC adjustment too? :wink:
To be fair, I wasn't able to drive DAC2 or Valhalla to levels that I cannot tolerate for short time. But for background+ listening it is what it is - 50% amp, -3db and all my tracks are RG-ed per file.

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Why you just don't make it simple - order new or used Beyers from Amazon and listen to them by yourself?
This splurge will cost you less than $10 in return shipping.

Feb 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Why you just don't make it simple - order new or used Beyers from Amazon and listen to them by yourself?
This splurge will cost you less than $10 in return shipping.

this is true lol it'd just be nice if someone had input before buying. I'll ask in the O2/ODAC thread

Feb 3, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #24 of 26
Tube rolling is now possible with the Valhalla. Contact Jason of Schiit for more information.

I hadn't realized they'd changed their tune on that, thanks.

I only had the Valhalla for a couple of days before giving it to my Dad along with the 880s. I thought the pair sounded great. (But I highly doubt my dad will be at all interested in rolling tubes :) )

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #25 of 26
I can imagine that !! But when I contacted Jason he assures me that the 600 ohm Beyerdynamics were a wonderful match for the Valhalla. May be you should give it a try, if you haven't already. And may be it will convince you to take it from your dad and start rolling tubes !

Feb 8, 2013 at 6:12 AM Post #26 of 26
A few months after I got the T1's I decided to pass my 880s on to my dad. I bought the Valhalla specifically to go with them, for him. I tried it for a day before packing up the amp and phones and sending them off (to make sure it worked, of course :D ). I thought the pairing was excellent.

Truthfully, after rolling tubes on the Woo WA2, I thought one of the best features of the Valhalla was that it saved your wallet from rolling temptation. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back