Dt770 pro with fiio e9 or mini^3
Dec 7, 2010 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

danny93

500+ Head-Fier
Hi, have done my research and have narrowed it down to these two I think. I have the 80 ohm version and will be using the amp at my desk sourced from my iPod touch 2g. What one would be better as both around same price and do my beyers need as much power as what the e9 can produce? Both sound awesome and sure I would be happy either but really want t make the best decision!
Thanks in advance everyone!! :)

Dec 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #2 of 6
Sorry I ment I'm sure both will sound awesome, I haven't actually heard either! Would using one of these amps have a drastic improvement in SQ?
Please help!!
Thanks

Dec 9, 2010 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 6
Well I have had my E9 for 2 days now and I gotta say it has a lot power. I can't listen to my DT770/250's at anything higher than 10 o'clock because of how loud it gets. You cannot go wrong with this amp and if you need a DAC you can always buy the E7/E9 combo.

Dec 9, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for your help but do you think the 80 ohm version would need.this much power? Or would an e5 suffice? Thanks

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:00 AM Post #6 of 6
your ipod would benefit greatly from the fact that an e5 will let you use it via a LOD, but the E9 really is in another league.

A DT770/80 can produce enough volume via E5 and still have some of his fantastic qualities. It still is a great headphone, but I have to say it does really benefit from being drived by E9.

Can't make a direct comparison with mini^3 or with MK I, actually very interested in that myself. I have a feeling the E9 will do fine...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back