DT770/80 at Guitar Center
Oct 10, 2006 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 22
As far as I know they are still available at GC.They should be able to match $150.00 pricing.

Oct 10, 2006 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 22
Thanks Mortalcoil,

I just called over there, and you are right. They have them, and did match the $150 price.
basshead.gif
I am going to head over there during lunch.

Oct 10, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #4 of 22
What did you say to them to get them to match $150? I can't find them for cheaper than $180 anywhere and the guy I spoke to at GC said they need proof that another place is offering them that cheap.

Oct 10, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #5 of 22
I spoke to someone on the phone and said I could find it online for $150. He asked what website I found it for $150, and I said that I was on my cell phone and away from my computer and I couldn't remember. He said don't worry about it and if I came in today, he would match the $150 if I asked for him.

When I got there, he asked me again and I said I couldn't remember, but that I would call him back with it later, but he said don't worry about it. He said when they do a deep discount, they need to input something into the computer (not sure what he entered). He did try to sell me on a $20 2 year full replacement warranty. When I declined, he said he would drop the price to $140 + the $20 warranty. Since he gave me a good price, I took it (probably out of guilt, but the price wasn't dependent on the warranty).

They are sitting in my car right now. I will burn them in for a couple of days and try them out this weekend.

Edit: I am not sure if you know this, but I read on this forum, that if you go to eBay and go to Guitar Insider, they have them where you can make them an offer. Others have mentioned that if you offer $135 + shipping they will accept your offer. I don't know how accurate that is, but that is where I got the $150 number from (in addition to Mortacoil mentioning it).

Hope that helps
Greg

Oct 10, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #6 of 22
Nice buy.....enjoy.
cool.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 22
Alright. If I'm not happy with my A130s I'm going to try that. I just got them today and am trying them out. I took them apart and sealed down the drivers with sticky tak because they were jiggling around like many others have said. Easy fix and only took a few minutes and $1.59.

Oct 11, 2006 at 2:45 AM Post #8 of 22
enjoy the dt770-80s. i have them as a complement to my hd595, which I see you have too in your sig. they are very different from each other and highlight each others strengths. i love mine, hope you like yours

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #10 of 22
I've been watching this thread all day. I bought a pair of DT770/80's from Guitar Center over the weekend but paid full price for them. I want my $50 back
frown.gif
I'm really enjoying them though, but I wouldn't mind getting them for $150.

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:39 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by t4t3r
I've been watching this thread all day. I bought a pair of DT770/80's from Guitar Center over the weekend but paid full price for them. I want my $50 back
frown.gif
I'm really enjoying them though, but I wouldn't mind getting them for $150.

GuitarCenter.com 30/30 Satisfaction Guarantee

30 DAY LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE

You're guaranteed the lowest price from GuitarCenter.com. Period. If at any time within 30 days of your purchase from us, you find the identical item in stock and advertised by an authorized dealer at a price lower than what you paid, GuitarCenter.com will fully protect you. Simply call 1-866-498-7882 and after verification1, we'll gladly refund the difference.

Oct 11, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane
GuitarCenter.com 30/30 Satisfaction Guarantee

30 DAY LOWEST PRICE GUARANTEE

You're guaranteed the lowest price from GuitarCenter.com. Period. If at any time within 30 days of your purchase from us, you find the identical item in stock and advertised by an authorized dealer at a price lower than what you paid, GuitarCenter.com will fully protect you. Simply call 1-866-498-7882 and after verification1, we'll gladly refund the difference.

Yeah GreatDane I know about that. Another guy further up in the thread mentioned how he can't find them online for less than 180 which is my issue. I'm going to call the one I bought it from tomorrow and see what they can do for me, or I'll just take them back and order online from ebay or something.

Oct 11, 2006 at 4:02 AM Post #13 of 22
Gosh you americans are lucky
smily_headphones1.gif
... I'm actually thinking of getting the 770/80 pros shipped over to aussie now since they seem to be the great for electronic dance music but I'm just wondering if its worth the wait on the '05 edition to get in stock and go for that one

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:00 AM Post #14 of 22
Heehee, I got my K701 there...you can special order ANY can in production there...as long as they carry that company's name in the first place though; so no Grado for you!
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2006 at 5:25 AM Post #15 of 22
I got my dt770/80 for $224(warrenty included) from guitar center. Just didn't have the guts to get it so cheap. I still think it's worth it, sometimes VERY worth it, depending on the track
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back