dt1350 or P5?
Oct 17, 2011 at 6:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

maxsayer

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a good portable can that is very comfortable and isolates a ton of noise. These two seem like very good candidates, and I was wondering which one you think I should get. I listen to mostly rock, with a little bit of pop.

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #2 of 13
Between the two, the 1350 seems to have made fewer compromises to the sound. But that said, its more neutral presentation may not pair as well with your musical choices. 

Oct 17, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #3 of 13
I've tried both.
The DT1350 will isolate much better than the P5 due to its clamping force.
The P5 is more comfortable and sounds "warmer".
But the DT1350 is not clinical or cold sounding to me at all, more like neutral warm and I preferred it to the P5.

Oct 18, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 13
Nov 20, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #7 of 13
I’ve listened to both. The P5 is way more comfortable than the DT1350. that may be very important to you.

The P5 has a more muffled sound. decent bass impact but a little boomy. not worth 300 to me but I got a pair used for under 200 and I’d say they’re acceptable at that price.

the DT1350 sounded much more clear and better with complex passages in songs. I thought it was easily more detailed. but… it was very, very hard to get a good fit with the DT1350 and for a long time I thought they sounded kinda hollow with unnatural timbre. even when I thought I had a good seal with the DT1350, I did not. I had to really press those suckers up against my skull to get them to sound good. and that was a deal breaker for me, so I returned them.

I’d have to say that, for rock, the HD-25 1-II are better then both. more V-shaped sound sig that really kicks. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 13
Sennheiser HD25-1 ii should be worth considering, or worth buying maybe for your musical preference... dt1350 might be too reference sounding for rock, my friend even thought that that it doesnt worth the money as he cant find anything special about it, and he listens to rock.

but then again its a matter of taste, if you could audition it, it would be better..

Nov 21, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #12 of 13
since I purchased the Z1000 my HD25's fell by the wayside and eventually shifted them. I have since added the Dt1350 to my collection. I will say that exclusively for rock, the HD25 is fit for purpose - especially when up against the DT1350.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:25 PM Post #13 of 13
I've lived with the DT-1350's for a few weeks now and do prefer them mobile critical listening (if there is such a thing) over the P5's which I've had since they were first introduced to the USA. I do however find the P5's more comfortable and definitely like them for walks on the bike trail near where I live. I'm also more apt to take them to the local coffee shops as i can pull them out and store them faster than the DT-1350's which by the way have an excellent stowage bag. I also like the fact the the P5's allow me to manipulate my iPhone and make a take calls. I don't fly much but I'm thinking the DT-1350's have better external sound insolation if you get them on right. The split headphone headbands do tighten the clamping force as you push them apart. As you would expect you don't get the best sound until you find the sweet spot on your head and get the them sealed. 

The DT-1350's really want me to check out the rest of the Tesla line. 

No matter what I wear my friends and co-workers think I'm pretty geeky wearing either pair. I just smile and enjoy the music. My friends can keep their Beats
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back