Dt 770 80 ohm Sound Like They Rattle.
Nov 22, 2010 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Hrimthursum

Head-Fier
Well I finally got my headphones amped but when I play them full volume it seems like they rattle with the heavy bass and it completely distorts the sound, but when I hold the cans to my head with pressure the rattling ceases and gives me the pure silky smooth bass I expect. How would you guys go about fixing that?

Nov 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #2 of 12
Oh, and it rattles from both sides but the left side is more pronounced. I took it apart and played with it and found out that there appear to be no hair follicles. Has anyone else encountered this?

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 12
I have these same headphones and I've been struggling with this issue for years now.

Yes, this rattling, as hard as it might be to believe and as counter-intuitive as it sounds, IS actually caused by hairs that have worked their way into the driver.

To compound the issue, it's really not very easy to get all the way into the driver to remove the hair(s).

An easy workaround I've found is to really hammer the headphones with bass and actually use the drivers themselves to move the hair around until it finally settles into a spot where it no longer rattles.  A band with a lot of bass like Pendulum along with a bit of EQ and liberal use of the volume control seems to get the job done.

Nov 23, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
I have these same headphones and I've been struggling with this issue for years now.

Yes, this rattling, as hard as it might be to believe and as counter-intuitive as it sounds, IS actually caused by hairs that have worked their way into the driver.

To compound the issue, it's really not very easy to get all the way into the driver to remove the hair(s).

An easy workaround I've found is to really hammer the headphones with bass and actually use the drivers themselves to move the hair around until it finally settles into a spot where it no longer rattles.  A band with a lot of bass like Pendulum along with a bit of EQ and liberal use of the volume control seems to get the job done.

I love to pry stuff open, think that I should stay away from opening these drivers?

Nov 23, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #12 of 12
Still rattles but not as bad :frowning2: I could have sworn that I got everything, I even examined it under a loupe, Oh well. here is a crappy cell pic for entertainment purposes.As you can tell there are 2 hairs on the driver, Under close examination I found 4.
1123101105.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back