Drop + Ultrasone Signature X Headphones Discussion
Dec 28, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #61 of 390
I ordered a pair of the Yaxi pads @Dramlin referenced above. I'm looking forward to them arriving to hear how they sound!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #62 of 390
All that said, I'm ok with the stock pads of the Pulse. They are plush yet tough at the same time. Not super comfy, but I also don't feel the need to take the headphones off due to comfort. They are strictly OK for me.

To put out a headphone for then which everyone afterwards is scrambling to find some other pads to use with them is not a great move.
I think there will be plenty of people like Dramlin who will be just fine with the stock pads. I’m picky, and I would still listen to a whole album’s worth of music, plenty to commute to the city or something. I just wouldn’t settle in on a Friday with a brand new video game release to play for hours. Meanwhile, my wife prefers the Ultrasone over my HD 560S, because she dislikes the feeling of “big” headphones swallowing her ears 🤷‍♂️

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:03 PM Post #63 of 390
My main headphone for a few years was the Signature DXP . Some time prior to that my main work headphone was the HFI 580. Both have the same, or very similar, pads to the Pulse & Sig X. I used those headphones often for 8+ hours at work without any issues. They aren't the most comfy pads out there, but they work enough that they didn't bother me. I do agree they are cheap feeling though which is something that is fine for the HFI and Pro series, but not the Signature series. Hopefully Ultrasone can refine their vegan pads in the future to get them to be more plush without affecting the sound.

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #64 of 390
I ordered a pair of the Yaxi pads @Dramlin referenced above. I'm looking forward to them arriving to hear how they sound!

Straight gambling that the sound won't be impacted in a negative way, but at the same time there's also a chance it will transform the DJ/Pulse/X into the next level while improving comfort. If we don't try the pads then we'll never know :). I'm in for this gamble too. I'll give them a try on my Pulse once the pads arrive.

Dec 29, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #65 of 390
Straight gambling that the sound won't be impacted in a negative way, but at the same time there's also a chance it will transform the DJ/Pulse/X into the next level while improving comfort. If we don't try the pads then we'll never know :). I'm in for this gamble too. I'll give them a try on my Pulse once the pads arrive.
I'm going to try them on my old Signature DJ and Signature Pro. I love the Signature Masters right where they are!

Dec 29, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #66 of 390
You guys don't find those pleathers to heat up on the ears?

I can't imagine wearing those for 8 hours straight. Maybe I am just more sensitive to that or something but I'm surprised others do not experience it as an issue.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #67 of 390
I don't really notice it while I'm wearing them, but if I'm walking around with them I do notice the pads are almost sweaty when I take them off after an hour or so. I may just not be sensitive to heat around my ears, and I may very well be an outlier. I've never had any comfort issues with Ultrasones, but I've seen plenty of complaints in other threads about clamping force, pad depth, and heat.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2022 at 3:11 PM Post #68 of 390
You guys don't find those pleathers to heat up on the ears?

I can't imagine wearing those for 8 hours straight. Maybe I am just more sensitive to that or something but I'm surprised others do not experience it as an issue.
I think it goes to show that different people have different tolerances.

@Dramlin The fuzzy and permeable surface of velour is what changes the sound. That said, I think there is a nice comfort improvement with protein leather (egg membrane protein) vs pleather (polymer leather) and the sound shouldn’t change much.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #69 of 390
welp, pushed back 26 days now... this is getting rediculous. Can't think of anything else than they just haven't got enough units sold. At least drop could be honest and post some info about it...

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:33 PM Post #70 of 390
Oh this is getting ridiculous... My hopes keep being dashed right before they ship. I'd consider cancelling my order, but I really like the Pulses. I'd like to see how the X's will be, and I'm still very excited about them. Nothing to do now but continue to wait.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #71 of 390
That's really not fair for you guys who are waiting. They can push the date out but they need to offer some kind of explanation. It probably is due to a small quantity ordered and perhaps that wouldn't look great for them to mention to potential buyers but an explanation is due for the people waiting.

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #72 of 390
Oh this is getting ridiculous... My hopes keep being dashed right before they ship. I'd consider cancelling my order, but I really like the Pulses. I'd like to see how the X's will be, and I'm still very excited about them. Nothing to do now but continue to wait.

Yes I will do the same, just try to be patient but it's getting increasingly hard. lol Would appriciate especially if you that own and have lots of experience with the Pulses would be able to compare these so we know better how they stand like as they are appearently based on those and the Pulse are $100 expensier and it could be that the Signature X might end up preferable to a lot of people. I'm also slightly interested in the Pulse headphones so your input of comparing these two would be HIGHLY valuable to me no doubt but it's ofc your own call. :)

Jan 4, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #73 of 390
I wonder if they would possibly cancel the whole thing if they do not get an order quantity they were looking for... does drop do that?

I assume the project is not even worth it unless they can sell, at minimum, a certain number of units.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #74 of 390
I wonder if they would possibly cancel the whole thing if they do not get an order quantity they were looking for... does drop do that?

I assume the project is not even worth it unless they can sell, at minimum, a certain number of units.

Yes I'm a bit worried about that too myself, hopefully they will honor the orders in the end even if they would not reach the "minimum targeted" amount. I haven't yet heard of a drop being pulled away though but maybe it's possible? I guess it's all down to on who the risks are put on, is it drop or Ultrasone's that is taking the hit if it's like well below the amount sold compared to the total amount already manufacturered before the campaign took place. I mean probably it's on Ultrasone's but then we don't know what the contracts are like, how much say Ultrasone has when it comes to fulfilling the deal if units sold are not "satisfactory". What more options do they have anyway, rebrand them to a new "official" product? Idk

Best thing to do now would be to put more review units out there, I got to know this one because of the Z Reviews guy (yes I recognise his ability to hype a lot of headphones up but I think the headphone sound signature might be what I'm looking for and I have a thing for more "studio rugged"-look lighter headphones rather than the typical beautifully carved wooden audiophile stuff headphones)

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #75 of 390
I agree with you, there is not enough out there about these to even make people aware. I know Ultrasone is not super popular (which I never understood being a fan) but still.

Like literally the only video review out there on them is Zeos.

This entire thread on head-fi (now whopping page 5) - is at the end of the day mostly just a few of us complaining about the wait.

And most of us here were already Ultrasone fans anyways - rather than new folks looking to try a new brand.

If they'd release even just an initial batch, at least you'd see some more discussion happening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back