DROP + HIFIMAN HE-R7DX CLOSED-BACK LAUNCH
Apr 5, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #46 of 49
Mine arrived. I wanted to like them. I like all of my 8 other HifiMan headphones. But these did not sound good to me at all. Poor fit and seal and even if I force a seal with gentle pressure on the cups the bass is flatulent. Tuning required significant EQ to reach something I'd call natural. (I don't need to EQ other HiFiMan headphones). I'm using a Flux FA10 am so they were getting enough current. I returned them immediately. I wish they were good, but they're just not. Even the inexpensive 400SE is better in every way.
I got them last Friday, I have to say first impression is that I'm not impressed at all either. But after some burn in it got a lot better after a few hours.

Some might argue I just got used to it, possibly? But I thought they sound pretty good now after 3 days. Though I agree with you they don't have a natural sound. I think they are tuned for "fun" sound but could use a bit more refinement. I haven't heard other Hifiman so I could just be missing out LOL.

But for $150 I thought they were pretty close to my Denon D5200 which MSRP for $699.
Come on, neither the Flux, nor your ears is a problem. These have very wonky FR!
I honestly think they don't sound like how the graph presents. I read the graph before I bought it too. I think how it sits on your head and how well it seals and how much it "squish" towards your ears (driver distance to ear) changes the sound a lot.

I'd imagine the measuring rig couldn't get a proper representation.
Noone likes Fart Bass, dude :nerd:
lol it got better after 3 days, but I'll admit it's not the tighest bass around but it's still not bad.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #47 of 49
Apr 8, 2023 at 12:03 PM Post #48 of 49
Picked these up for the giggles when they were half price. Pleasantly surprised. Burnt them in over night. Sound does change a fair bit based on positioning but I'm liking them more than I thought I would. Especially hard to complain for the price. I bought a HE-350 years ago for a similar price from Drop and the R7Dx is night and day better than the HE-350.

Apr 8, 2023 at 1:51 PM Post #49 of 49
Picked these up for the giggles when they were half price. Pleasantly surprised. Burnt them in over night. Sound does change a fair bit based on positioning but I'm liking them more than I thought I would. Especially hard to complain for the price. I bought a HE-350 years ago for a similar price from Drop and the R7Dx is night and day better than the HE-350.
They are quite good. Contratulations on getting them for even less than list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back