Dreading the thought of ending high school
Sep 26, 2005 at 11:42 AM Post #31 of 52
knowing what i know now, i would go back to HS in a sec...

but i mean im glad to be out of HS, i needed a change lol

being in a haze for 4 years tires you out, not to mention that sometimes i was boozed and i think a few of my teachers knew that...

but bro dont worry, **** only gets better after HS just remember to live it up now with all those HS girls etc... and plus once your out of school shortly after you turn 18 and all the stuff you could have gotten away with you cant any more.

hmmm thats it for now, me cant get any sleep at 442 am PST/ sigh works gonna be a B****

Sep 26, 2005 at 11:46 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by South_Korean
wow i cant keep track of my threads...

thansk for your support guys, im still in a chrisis with friends right now.

wor dof advice for the men out there: talk about your feelings, it works! it sounds "gay" but honestly, its better out and it wont stay in your chest and make you sick. ive talked to most of my friends (real ones) lately and theyve been the biggest help compared to the fakes.

hey i know what you mean, **** i couldnt talk about with my family etc. my friends were always there and even when they told me things i didnt want to hear they told me beacuse well they cared about me. Come to think about it my friends sure did keep me out of alot of trouble

Sep 26, 2005 at 1:13 PM Post #33 of 52
i just graduated (sort of) from hs, i still have to do my final final exams however but i know i havnt felt the real shock of being on my own and not seeing your friends on monday.

im talking to people i didnt talk to much, however way you e nd it leave with no regrets because its the end of the beggining and theres so much out there im sure.

heres some non head-fi advice, take off your headphones and enjoy the people around you, take pictures and make some memories because they will last.

cherish the days while you can!

Sep 26, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #34 of 52
Trust me, you're now entering the best years of your life. You won't regret leaving High School believe me
wink.gif

Sep 26, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #35 of 52
life only gets better, again it all depends the nerds etc. that didnt go the the ragers didnt go to the get-togethers never liked HS but just remember you still got 40+ years after hs so im pretty sure youll only be happier.

Sep 26, 2005 at 3:15 PM Post #36 of 52
Gotta cast my vote with the "hated high school" crowd here. Absolutely LOATHED going there every day...I only keep in touch with one person from high school and he was one of my best friends. He happens to be a lawyer now too so that's handy :)

I didn't enjoy college much either - it just became a larger version of HS, with different people not-to-like. I much prefer being out in the real world where I only need to be answerable to myself.

Sep 26, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #38 of 52
My experience and that of most people I know has been that you will remain friends with very few HS friends (I'm talking 5 people or less) and you will make a lot of true friends in college. It's just way more of a formative experience where you start thinking a lot more about who you are and what you value in a friendship.

Sep 27, 2005 at 9:13 PM Post #39 of 52
mm im starting to think about that now. and i can tell you its not a fun process.

Sep 27, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #42 of 52
I won't think we should all go in for the "best years of your life" line because it is completely subjective, but it can be said that the freedom of choice and meeting different folks in college is an outright upgrade for most student's quality of life.

Truth be told i don't know enough about South Korean culture to make an outright assessment of what may change, but from what I understand asian schools are extremely difficult in general and you may not have quite as hard of a time as many United States students do with the adjustment. Of course you may find that the most difficult adjustments are not academic at all.

Finding friends proves rather difficult for me, but I have never made friends easily. Making friends is difficult in the earlier classes especially because many people are not heavily invested in each subject, or they are so heavily invested that it is all they care about. On top of this many classes do not require or even encourage interaction, not that it would gurantee anything.

If you party and frequent bars you probably won't have as hard of a time finding friends, but good friends are always hard to find. It really depends on what you need.

Good luck! and don't forget: worrying doesn't help much and you have to live each day in a row. Sadly, plenty of them are bound to suck if you want to be at all successful in college.

Jul 21, 2020 at 6:31 AM Post #44 of 52
Personally I did not like high school despite some great discoveries in life. One of the things I did not like about high school was lunch time. It was like being in prison and always eating institutional food. Although I did like the cheese fries and soda.

I love traveling to different cities and even different countries. When you’re in high school you normally can’t do that on your own and you’re basically in the category of being a child. It’s like being an institutionalized second class citizen.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #45 of 52
I think the reason why you are dreading the end of high school is because you became emotionally attached to the girls.

In some ways, you are right because after high school, many guys do not have casual friendships with females anymore.

Out in the real world, being casual friends with girls is nearly impossible for many guys. For me, I went to an all boys catholic high school so I never had friends with girls anyway. But in your case, it can be heartbreaking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back