Dragonfly COBALT vs.............Discussions
Jun 24, 2020 at 3:05 AM Post #811 of 1,192
Why you ask this? Is a known issue?

Yes, Samsung have acknowledged issues and won't guarantee that their handsets will work with all USB devices. It's worth looking at the threads on the Samsung community forums

Jun 29, 2020 at 2:33 AM Post #812 of 1,192
Hello guys,

I’m using my DFC with my iPhone and iPad. After pausing the playback the DFC starts repeatedly going on and off. Sometimes I get an error message too. My DFR did’t behave that way as I remember.

Anyone else with an Apple device has this issue or ist this normal behavior?

BR
Dimitri

Jul 1, 2020 at 10:29 AM Post #814 of 1,192
Hello guys,

I’m using my DFC with my iPhone and iPad. After pausing the playback the DFC starts repeatedly going on and off. Sometimes I get an error message too. My DFR did’t behave that way as I remember.

BR
Dimitri
Nope, working perfectly for me. What kind of CCK are you using, original Apple? If it's with an original CCK, then your DFC is most probably defective...

Jul 1, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #815 of 1,192
Hello guys,

BR
Dimitri
My DFC is also working fine (iPhone X). I am using the Apple lightning to USB adapter.

Jul 3, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #817 of 1,192
Hello everyone,

I was searching for a DAC for a while and I saw written in the website that the Dragonfly Cobalt could be paired with a 250ohm (DT 770) and sound great, which is not true with my device.
My portable computer makes my 32 ohm headphones way louder then my brand new Dragonfly Cobalt. My 250ohms headphones couldn't be quieter pluged on my Dragonfly Cobalt.
Once I try to search for updates or just to see the serial number of my Dragonfly I've nothing.
Got no news from AudioQuest team, did you ever encountered this problem?

windows 10 64bits, usb 3 and everything s:
2 images from a usb software showing power and etc.
One from my Dragonfly and another from a usb 3 flash drive

AUDIOQUEST-DRAGONFLY-POWER.jpg
USB-3.jpg

Thank you guys,
Pedro

Hello Pedro T.

I have been experiencing this exact same problem with my DFC using Windows. The sound that comes out of is delicious, but it is soooooo quiet. I have to pair it with another amp. I've used it with a Schitt Magni 3 for headphoning, and with my big boy Onkyo receiver through Klipsch speakers. I have to turn the Onkyo up almost half-way to get decent volume. I would blow out the speakers if I turned it up that high with any other source. But OMG it sounds so good that way. I thought I wanted to upgrade my stereo speakers but now I don't think I'll need to.

I've seen speculation that it is some Windows setting, but its nothing I can find. I have two other USB DAC/amps, a Cyrus Soundkey and an IFi Zen DAC. Neither of them have this problem so if it was some global Windows USB setting you'd think it would manifest for any type of device like this.

I'm curious if you any found out any more so you first posted ?

P.S. If you're disappointed with the DFC I recommend the Cyrus Soundkey. It runs my 250 ohm Beyer DT 990s without any trouble, sounds 90% as good as DFC and costs 25% as much. And no volume problems.

Jul 4, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #820 of 1,192
Is anyone successful using Samsung galaxy S10 exynos with DFC? Please let me know your experience.
tu

It works fine but you have to use UAPP app to avoid the pops and crackles from the Samsung handset. Audioquest explained it to me, something to with Android and sample rates. Samsung have chosen not to resolve the issue across 2 generations of phones

Jul 4, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #821 of 1,192
It works fine but you have to use UAPP app to avoid the pops and crackles from the Samsung handset. Audioquest explained it to me, something to with Android and sample rates. Samsung have chosen not to resolve the issue across 2 generations of phones
Then how do we use Spotify or Tidal or Amazon Music? These are my purpose of using DFC with S10.

Jul 4, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #822 of 1,192
Then how do we use Spotify or Tidal or Amazon Music? These are my purpose of using DFC with S10.
Spotify and Amazon Music do not have UAPP integration. This is one of the reasons I downgraded from Amazon HD to Amazon Unlimited and got Qobuz instead. UAPP does support Qobuz and Tidal.

Jul 4, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #823 of 1,192
Tidal can be used with UAPP but not to download as can Qobus.
Its a real pain as other android handsets work fine from what I've read. Samsung are aware of the issue and choose not to remedy

Jul 4, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #825 of 1,192
Can I clarify? Are you saying you can download Qobuz tracks in uapp?
No sorry, wasn't very clear.
Streaming only for Tidal/Qobus. UAPP us really good though, however it annoys me that Samsung won't remedy this issue.
Their stance us that they won't guarantee a USB products will be compatible with handsets, puts it back to the companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back