Dr. Xin Is Back!
Jul 16, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #91 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, give him a few days to build the amp and a few days for UPS/USPS/whatever logistics for it to land on a doorstop.

So, if he worked an order for the Western US, I'd say amps should be arriving on someone's doorstop in the next day or two. Eastern US, I'd give another week, overseas a week after that. But, if he's batching who knows when that batch will get to the logistics company he uses.

BTW, I'm no Xin booster, just trying to take a measured approach. If he doesn't start delivering soon, yeah, I'll be calling shenanigans too, count on it. I've pretty much been doing it since last Thanksgiving when I cancelled my order.

You are missing the point. Xin SAID they would ship the next day, that was 8 days ago. When he ships amps he sends out emails the same day or the day before they ship. Therefore he lied. He didn't say he would start building the next day, and then ship in a few days, and then arrive a few days later. Stop trying to defend the guy. I have never come across such a gullible group of people as there are on this site, it is almost painful to read sometimes.

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #92 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonicLemming /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not too sure what a "value-added comment" is, but my post was simply an open-ended statement about how things seem to be going in the market, coming from the viewpoint of a new guy who might very well have made a very expensive mistake without knowing it until it was too late.

I'm not trying to bash any of the manufacturers, say they make bad products, etc etc. There simply needs to be more personal responsibility among those companies as far as not taking orders when they have a large backlog, better customer support, and no "blackouts" when they simply disappear without any warning or reason, for months at a time.

If you walked into a store, saw a product, and said, "I would like to buy that." and either paid for it at that time, or gave them your credit card information to be billed later, then left the store, would it be acceptable for the store to not send your product within a reasonable timeframe without any warning ahead of time (like at purchase) that it would likely be a very long wait, to completely ignore all attempts to contact them, and to occasionally notify you that your product was either ready to ship or was being shipped, with absolutely no intention whatsoever to actually adhere to what they said? Furthermore, do you think that you should have to do in-depth research on a company just to see if they actually ship things when they say they will? That's sort of an expected thing - if I tell a client I'll be mailing something to them on a certain day, or give them a specific timeframe as to when they'll receive their product, I either ship it when I tell them I would, or I contact them as soon as possible to let them know something's come up and that their order will be delayed.

I'm simply confused as to why such practices are acceptable in this niche market, and even more confused as to why people who spend thousands of dollars on equipment feel the need to make excuses for the manufacturers they bought the equipment from when the aforementioned problems arise. I've seen extremely scathing posts by members on here while waiting for their stuff, then as soon as they get it, they do a complete and utter reversal of position and even go so far as to say they'd continue to do business with the manufacturer! When people like that defend the manufacturer, it makes it impossible for everyone else who is NOT happy with the service to really be able to do anything - because the manufacturers know as long as there are customers out there blindly defending them, that they'll be able to continue their business practices.

It just seems that too many members on here either don't want to say anything about specific companies - which, in a twisted sense, I can understand, if they have outstanding orders with those companies and publicly criticizing them might (note, I'm not saying it DOES happen, merely a hypothetical) cause yet more delays with their order - or that those who do are buried under the avalanche of, "He makes good products when he does eventually deliver them, just ignore all the bad aspects, like no communication, blackouts, false shipping dates and shipping confirmation. None of that is important!" posts. It just makes it even worse when a manufacturer pops back up out of nowhere, promises to take care of everything, then disappears yet again, making people who had given up on getting their stuff start to wonder, "Well, wait, is he really back? Does that mean I'm going to get my amp now? What's happening?" for another month, until they realize it's just a repetition of what happened before.

I've felt this way about this hobby since I first made an order to a company that shall remain nameless for a simple $20 interconnect- I was instead sent a (and charged for) a $250 cardas HP cable. It took 2 months and countless ignored emails to get it rectified. But alas I am a sucker for audio gear, and alas it was just the beginning of customer service issues I have had in this niche (Some I will say, are beyond great - see my sig)... by the way I have been in Xin purgatory for a yr. But hey- what a ride!
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:45 AM Post #93 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are missing the point. Xin SAID they would ship the next day, that was 8 days ago. When he ships amps he sends out emails the same day or the day before they ship. Therefore he lied...

You're right, I didn't catch that nuance; I heard he was going to catch up everything in 3 months. I must be quite a Xin shill to give him an extra week
tongue.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 12:49 AM Post #94 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're right, I didn't catch that nuance; I heard he was going to catch up everything in 3 months. I must be quite a Xin shill to give him an extra week
tongue.gif

Again, he has had over 16 months with my money. I am tired of hearing his empty promises and people swarming to him saying oh it's ok, you provide a special product. What would you do if your bank told you for 16 months, sorry this was only a hobby for us, we'll get you your money eventually. Yes, it is different circumstances but it is not how you run a business.

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:08 AM Post #95 of 132
Been there. That's why after four months of stall on Reference shipping @ Thanksgiving I took the refund route.

You're in the driver's seat--you can either continue to wait or request the refund now. Seems like Xin is happy to refund and cut his workload.

Jul 17, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #96 of 132
I went looking for comments about Xin and his amps approximately one year ago and I found this amusingly ironic post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as someone doesn't mind the wait, I can't imagine why they would buy a Tomahawk or Hornet over the Supermicro. I haven't seen one review where someone said the TH or Hornet had better SQ then the supermicro, not to mention the supermicro cost almost half of the other two.

Well, now you know. Anyone who ordered a Hornet or a Tomahawk in April of 2007 has been listening to sweet, sweet RSA sound for over a year...

wink.gif

EK

Jul 17, 2008 at 9:48 AM Post #97 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went looking for comments about Xin and his amps approximately one year ago and I found this amusingly ironic post:

Well, now you know. Anyone who ordered a Hornet or a Tomahawk in April of 2007 has been listening to sweet, sweet RSA sound for over a year...

wink.gif

EK

you just got to love the tomahawk
wink.gif

Jul 17, 2008 at 1:40 PM Post #98 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wink.gif

EK

Indeed, but then hindsight is always 20/20
tongue.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #99 of 132
Just the title of this thread - declaring he's "back" when all he's done so far is make a post or two, refunded some folks, and started replying to email - says a lot about the eagerness of his fans to forgive and, obviously, FORGET (about all of the past broken promises). I hope everyone gets what they want, whether it's an amp in a reasonable amount of time, or a refund. I stopped waiting a long time ago and canceled my order. I won't believe he's back until amps end up in folks' hands.

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #102 of 132
Probably because that would just put them at the back of the list.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by david21 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know this Xin guy but.. why wont people request a refund and then place a new order once the guy starts shipping his amps out? Just wondering.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #104 of 132
The sensible would say that Dr. Xin has now ran out of money and is back for another Nigerian type scam. I don't know the English equivalent saying, but we Dutch have one that says ' een ezel stoot zich geen twee keer aan dezelfde steen'.

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #105 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyB1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sensible would say that Dr. Xin has now ran out of money and is back for another Nigerian type scam. I don't know the English equivalent saying, but we Dutch have one that says ' een ezel stoot zich geen twee keer aan dezelfde steen'.

I personally dont think so but can't really blame anybody for thinking that given the last 1½ years history. Not being dutch but the dutch language being something similar to german/danish I think your saying must come to something like this (corretct me if I'm wrong) : "A donkey is likely to hit itself aginst the same stone twice"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back