Dr. Xin Is Back!
Aug 3, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #121 of 132
Didn't read the whole thread, but I'd file with the BBB if not done already. I mean, everyone who's had issues.

That's not how we operate in the USA, buddy. His rep is gone and he should be labeled as a scam at this point. Anyone who gives him money is a fool from this point on.

Aug 3, 2008 at 11:09 AM Post #122 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did Xin ever make a supermini3 or supermicro3?

Yes and several generations before that of both over the last 3-5 years.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #123 of 132
There is NO scamming here! I've purchased 4 amps from Dr. Xin, and have been happy with him every time. Whatever has happened with him this past year is atypical and has to be VERY personal. His business practices, and his amps, however, have been beyond reproach. I still have 2 Xin amps, and have another on order. If it comes........it comes. No worries here.

Aug 3, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #124 of 132
It is a pity that things are where they are. I have enjoyed various of Dr. Xin's amps from a Supermacro III Version 6 to a Reference and I love the sound of his products.

However, although we can speculate of what has been happening over the last +/-15 months the fact is that many customers have not received the products they ordered. If they used CC to pay then at least they are not out of money, but those who used PayPal are out of money since it is PayPal's policy to deduct the money right away.

I had high hopes that w/ Dr. Xin's post early last month that things were going to turn around and amps would start shipping. Yes a couple have been shipped but there are many still waiting.
frown.gif

Nonetheless I am still optimistic that Dr. Xin will start doing the right thing and the amps will be shipped. How soon, remains to be seen.
redface.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #128 of 132
I was done with him before, but for him to come back and issue a fake apology and make more empty promises of amps shipping out, is on the verge of being criminal. I don't care if he holds $2 dollars of customer's money. His post a month ago was misleading, and probably prompted more people to send him orders.

It's funny, but he only made that post after moderators here got serious about pursuing legal action against him. Don't give me that BS about his personal issues, spam has been disappearing from his site for the last 18 months so it is obvious someone has been watching it.

For anyone who has sent him money via paypal and can't get a response, I would strongly encourage you to contact the local police. There is no reason this guy should continue to walk away with no consequences.

Aug 5, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #129 of 132
He has been sending refunds actually.
Me and at least one other guy got their refund.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For anyone who has sent him money via paypal and can't get a response, I would strongly encourage you to contact the local police. There is no reason this guy should continue to walk away with no consequences.

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #130 of 132
Who's the other lucky winner of 'a couple'? I only heard one--is it a Reference order?

By the way and speaking hypothetically...

If the 'couple' you mention happens to be the latest prototype sent to you or John I'd keep that under your hats. Xin would earn more deserved scorn for ignoring customers in queue to comp his favorites and ramp up the hype again. If he did I'd personally send it back with a thanks but no thanks note rather than post on how great the 8/2008 version is and brand oneself forever as a 'shill'. Yeah, I wouldn't review anything of his until Xin's fulfilled the majority of that backlog in the purported three months.

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:57 PM Post #131 of 132
I don't understand why the people, that have their money held hostage by Xin, haven't contacted his local police department yet? If I were you, I would have done that months ago. The cops will pay him a visit and rattle his cage, maybe that will provoke Xin into action...whether it be issuing refunds, or shipping amps.
Stop complaining, and DO SOMETHING!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back