Jul 24, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #16 of 23
Only thing thats nice is the cable

Jul 24, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #17 of 23
and the box
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #18 of 23
true true

Dec 17, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #20 of 23
After reading many reviews and owning them for over a year now, I've come to the conclusion that they are not as bad as many have posted.

I listen to different genres of music but mostly hip-hop and RnB. I expected more bass from them since they are from Dr. Dre and I listen to his music. I was disappointed listening to Apple Lossless and lower bitrate files even after the burn-in period. Which to be honest, I don't even think these improve with "burn-in".  I'm still learning around here but I'm not sure if a headphone amp improves the sound pushed through an iPod or iPhone. I own a PA2V2 headphone amp from Electric-Avenues and don't hear any improvements to the sound through these.  I've actually been putting them to more use for podcast listening now than music. I don't like playing with the EQ settings on the iPod and rather hear the music with it off, but perhaps using the Bass Booster EQ might help. 

But, a big but here, the pro's of these headphones from my experience is everything else besides sound. 
biggrin.gif
 Seriously. I never had issues with ear fit after testing out the various buds, they never fall out when I walk the dog daily. The cord never tangles which is the best I've ever owned. The buttons work great with the iPhone but not so much with any of my iPods, which is no surprise since they are designed more for it. If I need to go for a walk or wash the car with no hassles from cords and all, I don't hesitate to use them. I've tried with my Sennheiser PX-100 foldable headphones for walking and they always give me problems and not much different in sound.

I do own a pair of Sony MDR-7506 which don't provide much bass either and work great with the PA2V2 amp but that is the best I own to compare. Like I said, I'm still learning here and value everyone's opinion. I agree though that if these Beats Tour were not given to me as a gift, I'm sure I would research more about finding another brand that would suit my needs. 

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #21 of 23
For some odd reason, every one thinks your cooler when your wear Beats. I might have bought some refurbs, just out of curiousness, but after trying out my friends Tours, I just couldn't. There was no way I could get a good seal with them. I've tried all of the tips, all of the 10 tips that come with the M11+,Comply Foam Tips,  and even Sony Hybrids. Not one fit me right, the first earphone I ever wore that wouldn't fit me no matter how hard I tried.  Isolation was surprisingly mediocre also. Might be cause of the poor fit the Tours provide, but my M11+seem to perform almost as good or even better. Sort of odd that the M11+ is only a third of the price. Using the Foam Tips ( or an sort of tip actually ) I just couldn't feel the bass that even the M11's do a better job on.

Dec 20, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #22 of 23
I was very surprised that these were the first pair I've owned that seal properly and I don't hear outside noise. It's like I'm in the 1% group that this actually fits!  In regards to what is cool, I wouldn't know, I'm too old to know 
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 9:05 PM Post #23 of 23

Quote:
I was very surprised that these were the first pair I've owned that seal properly and I don't hear outside noise. It's like I'm in the 1% group that this actually fits!  In regards to what is cool, I wouldn't know, I'm too old to know 
biggrin.gif

When the music isn't playing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back